It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC testing held up by UFOs and electron clouds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The guy in the trenchcoat at the bar gave me 50 bucks, the salt shaker and said to me "I´ve overheard your conversation, wouldn´t it be funny if you´d drop this on that tour in that big tunnel you mentioned you will visit tomorrow?" I think that was in 2005 in a bar in Vernier. I hope no one reads this.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
a reply to: pfishy

I thought it was high energy lasers that were timed and controlled in such a way that it accelerates the particles; say a and b around the ring until they reach a crucial speed, then direct them into one another to create a new particle.

What is the method of propulsion then? I find the whole thing fascinating.

They propel and contain the particles in magnetic fields.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Honestly, no matter how good the magnetic field containment is, whirling that many positively charged particles, at that energy level, around that circuit seems bound to excite electron clouds from just the material the beam containment tubes are made of. Not to mention the atmosphere outside the the tubes.
Plus, given the theory of virtual particles from the vacuum of spacetime, the increased energy levels would also seem congruent with an increased likelihood of those being a problem along the beam lines as well.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join