It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can i overcome the fear of an SP so i can Astral Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
from what i've been told, if someone overcomes the fear of sp, and relax through the whole process, he/she will be able get an OOBE.

has anyone achieved this? how did you control your fear/panic. I also think there are 2 types of SP: one supernatural, in which a malevolent entity is in the room with you and wants to cause fear because it feeds on that fear, and a natural SP, where the mind shuts off the body to prevent yoy acting out the dreams you are having and hurt yourself in the process.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Picollo30

This comes with the idea of overcoming all fear. If you have some kind of spiritual belief system, a purpose for your existence created in your own mind, and a disconnect from the tethers of the physical world, you should then possibly only fear that which is not of the physical world.

I have achieved astral projection once and I think the biggest fear I had upon doing so was the fear that I would not be able to return to my body. Thus it told me that I still fear leaving the physical behind and I need to work on myself further before attempting again.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry about it...it's all a load of junk...not looking to be offensive...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its hard to, but I have multiple times.
I regularly get SP.
One account that stands out happened a month ago in which I was able to AP.
I was laying in my bed in SP. I was able to lift out of my body, I was aware of what was taking place so I was keeping very calm. The entire time I had not only a feeling of fear, but it I was also feeling intense dread.
I told myself that I am protected and that I can snap out of this any time I wanted. I left my bed room with an intent on going outside. I was floating in a weird position. Almost like it was zero gravity and was having a hard time in turning myself. Once I made it out of the bedroom I got out into the hallway and to the stair way. For some reason I could not get my body to turn around to go up the stairs. Somehow I knew that if I tried to hard I would be back in my body, so I floated up the stairs backwards. Once on the top level I made my way to the front door. Beside the door is my living room and I seen my cat laying on the back of the couch. He was unable to see me but I stroked his back as I went towards the door. Because I am still very new at AP, I actually opened the door rather than just go threw it.

Once I got outside everything had a greyish white tint to it. Extremely dreadful and almost bland looking. It was like a scene from the movie silent hill, with ash covering everything. I got outside and looked around the sky was pitch black, I could see then entire neighbourhood exactly how it would be when I step out my front door.
But the dread and greyish colour to everything felt very depressing. As I got the courage to float down the front steps and into the yard, the feeling got worse. I stopped just in front of my house in the front yard.
Suddenly I was back in my front entry way. Like something pulled me back in.
So I attempted to go back into the yard. I got to the grass, then was back in the front entry way again, then was back to my body.

The feeling of terror was present the entire time. I just kept telling myself im safe, everything is fine, this is what I wanted.

Since then, I have had 2 successful attempts, but each and every time the dreadful feeling is present.

I to would like to hear on how to AP with out that feeling.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I wouldn't worry about it...it's all a load of junk...not looking to be offensive...

Can you say how you know it's "a load of junk?" I happen to believe it's true, as I've done it a few times.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
start meditating in order to get better control of your thoughts, your fears are imaginary as are they all. Well fear can be good but if it overpowers you that is bad...so you must train your mind. Try to be mentally still and relaxed when you are trying to achieve OBE. Don't bother with any thoughts, just observe your breath with 100% attention and don't give up and start to chat mentally!

Real or not...why do you want to shut this door for others? Let em try and give them a chance for their own conclusion! I don't understand why people who are obviously not interested have to come to threads like this and crap over it, if it is not your thing?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Fear is the one thing holding you back. You must realize that when you have sleep paralysis you are already out of body. The only thing holding you in your body is your own mind. Your belief system is telling you that you won't be ok if you leave your body, thus the reason your are afraid and stuck in your body.

Just understand that you will be completely ok when you disconnect and leave your body. If you get too uncomfortable when out of body you will return to your body immediately. You will then realize your physical body is ok and that the fear made you become aware of your sleeping physical body again.

I have had over 400 astral projections and can almost do it at will. I have had experiences where it felt like my physical body and head was going to explode. By that I mean i felt energy so strong that it feels like i am violently shaking, i've felt what i can only describe as my head throbbing and pounding so hard that i thought my brain was exploding. In some of these experiences I was afraid my physical body was being harmed so i snapped out of it just to make sure it was ok.

In every case I've realized that none of this was happing to my physical body, it was my energetic body/soul/consciousness that felt so strong and physical at the time that it scared me to the point of having to check it out.

Every time i've snapped out of a trance like that i always wonder what would have happened if i just controlled my fear and let the experience go further.

Just remember there is nothing to fear, your mind will create things to be fearful of if you are in fear. If you are happy and excited your mind will create a reality to suit that feeling.

Good luck, and happy travels!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Unfortunately anybody can say anything happens these days...sounds horrible but there is simply no way to prove that it happens and that it is not some hallucination...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
start meditating in order to get better control of your thoughts, your fears are imaginary as are they all. Well fear can be good but if it overpowers you that is bad...so you must train your mind. Try to be mentally still and relaxed when you are trying to achieve OBE. Don't bother with any thoughts, just observe your breath with 100% attention and don't give up and start to chat mentally!

Real or not...why do you want to shut this door for others? Let em try and give them a chance for their own conclusion! I don't understand why people who are obviously not interested have to come to threads like this and crap over it, if it is not your thing?

I get your point but most people like myself would like to believe it's true but like most other things, bigfoot, Lochness, ghosts, demons...there is just no proof...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

has anyone achieved this? how did you control your fear/panic.

Well, quite simply, have no fear. Realize who you are, an unfathomable, indestructible, all powerful being. What is there to fear? I know this sounds crazy, but it's not. Look into yourself and you'll find that you make everything happen, YOU. Make it happen in a way that you like.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I've had AP before but your detailed story sounds like a scary but amazing experience. I wish I could have made it past my living room but unfortunately, I never have. The problem with SP and AP is that you can tell yourself not to be scared but at the same time, you cannot help feeling scared and a feeling of dread when it is actually happening. It is simply your body and mind trying to rationalize something that just isn't quite normal.

Did you see any living thing at all during your projection? Like anyone else floating around or a sense of someone watching you?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

you can try it yourself you know. I had a hard time believing it was real when i first read about it 10 years ago too. So i read about it and tried it.

I didn't project my first time but i did feel like a blew up like a balloon and my consciousness surrounded the house. So i thought there was something to it. I kept trying and about 5 months later I had my first astral projection. I was mind blown that it was real.

No one is going to prove it to you obviously. So before you say its not real, maybe, just maybe try to prove it to yourself.

Or you can bury your head in the sand

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So what's happening when you get sleep paralysis but astral projection doesn't even enter into the equation?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There's tons to fear.
Out of body experiences is exactly that - your consciousness/soul leaving your body and traveling around - in the spirit realm.

The moment you bump into another spirit that can tell you have a body attachment waiting for your return, it is extremely dangerous because that spirit may be desperate to get back. And will ride you all the way back.

If you OOB for a long periods of time and travel around may miles and don't see other spirits at some point, you'd better be worried that this aloneness is likely waiting on you in the end.

While OOB it is cautioned to bring your protection. If you know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
So what's happening when you get sleep paralysis but astral projection doesn't even enter into the equation?

This has happened to me a number of times. I wake up within dreams?, paralyzed or with minimal movement.
Once I woke up on a mattress on the floor of a room but could not move more than my thoughts. I knew there were other people nearby and I had to pretend to still be unconscious until I could move my body. Finally movement, I quietly got up unseen and tried to exit the building by following stairs down and passed peoples sleeping quarters. I thought wrong way lets go up instead. I made it to the street passed the big clock to the train station where I felt a moment of relief before realizing all the people were spread eagle on the floor and a man strapped with bombs acting erratically standing above them all. I thought this was it, I am going to die, but then remembered I have the power of love. I felt the deepest love and compassion for this man as I walked towards him with my arms out. He fell into my arms crying and remorseful, all the people were saved. Guess I will never know if this actually happened.

Fear is present when there is a lack of purpose. eg. you find yourself naked in front of an audience most people will experience fear, unless you have convinced yourself that you are there for the most important of reasons (TRUTH) and your actions will benefit yourself or others.

Some tricks to make OOBE and AP easier:- count 1 minute in seconds. eventually you will be able to count unaided, exactly as time does. Also be aware of your body in all its parts, you don't want to come back with a leg missing (etherically even). I had my leg cut off on my return from heaven when I was a teen, this hurt for more than 3 weeks, no physical damage just excruciating pain.

TIME+ SPACE+ PURPOSE = CREATION
WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE IS WHAT IS!
YOU ARE THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE.
FEAR NOTHING BUT FEAR ITSELF.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Prove it to yourself then.

obe4u.com...

It says in 3 days, I did it after one night.

top topics

join