It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Welch was right!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Robert welch the founder of the JBS (John Birch Society) gave a speech back in 1958 in what he believed were the plans for a future America by "insiders" the puppet masters so to speak, even back then the USA was on a track of destruction and Mr welch knew it and spoke out about it.

Now if you google the JBS you get a very slanted description of the JBS, things such as "extreme right wing" or "racist" etc ...nonsense!

The JBS is dedicated to restoring the Republic according to the vision of the Founding Fathers: limited government, individual liberty, and the rule of law. Along with America's Founders, we believe that governments are instituted to protect individual rights and liberties, and are not formed to provide for the wants of individuals. To label JBS radical or extreme for agreeing with our nation's Founders is to place that same label on them.

People claim they are racist because they opposed civil rights...that is incorrect also

Correcting civil rights abuses that do exist should be accomplished at the state and local level, something The John Birch Society members - of all races, colors and ethnic backgrounds - have always supported. Civil rights legislation should have come from the states and the communities rather than being used as a steppingstone toward our present-day out-of-control federal government

the "myths v facts" are right here - www.jbs.org...

However to get to the point of the post, Robert welch gave a speech in 1958 regarding the plans of the "elitists" for america and ultimately its point, now people can call it a conspiracy theory all they want....but that doesnt change the FACT that EVERYTHING he said was going to happen has indeed happened and is still happening to this day, its absolutely extraordinary the accuracy of what he says that its actually frightening...have a look at his speech here, its only 8 minutes long but it will blow your mind.

www.youtube.com...

so what does this mean for america? are you ready to give up your sovriegnity? your freedoms?.....how can it be stopped?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I grew up in the people's republic of Cambridge where JBS was reviled and children were taught in school (this may be selective memory but, I think so) that they were evil racist boogeymen.

I never did get an explanation and the culture of fear and hatred toward all things constitutional and individual was pervasive.

It took a while to make sense of it, a longer time than I care to admit but, once you see it for what it is, the ugliness is distressing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yeah, he was "right", but not in the way you mean it. He was a right wing extremist. He was anti federalist. He was out for the U.S to live like the good old days of the War for Independence and the Civil War, lol. Oh and Dust Bowl blues, Great Depression blues, Prohibition blues, etc.

He argues for getting rid of the federal government to all intents of purposes and for the U.S having only a selfish sense of foreign policy, like just taking from the world and giving nothing back.

The only thing I agree with him on is that communism was a scourge.

Old fashioned patriot right wing speech belonging to an old fashioned world. Put it back in the dusty old basement.

edit on 20-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Yeah, he was "right", but not in the way you mean it. He was a right wing extremist. He was anti federalist. He was out for the U.S to live like the good old days of the War for Independence and the Civil War, lol. Oh and Dust Bowl blues, Great Depression blues, Prohibition blues, etc.

He argues for getting rid of the federal government to all intents of purposes and for the U.S having only a selfish sense of foreign policy, like just taking from the world and giving nothing back.

The only thing I agree with him on is that communism was a scourge.

Old fashioned patriot right wing speech belonging to an old fashioned world. Put it back in the dusty old basement.

The only thing I agree with him on is that communism was a scourge

which was exactly the point of the JBS, they were against communism, and could see it encroaching and they spoke out about it...so if that makes him an "extremist2 even though you agree with it...then you must be an extremist too and the founding fathers must have been extremists lol

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I grew up in the people's republic of Cambridge where JBS was reviled and children were taught in school (this may be selective memory but, I think so) that they were evil racist boogeymen.

I never did get an explanation and the culture of fear and hatred toward all things constitutional and individual was pervasive.

It took a while to make sense of it, a longer time than I care to admit but, once you see it for what it is, the ugliness is distressing.

well as he states in his speech the federalisation of education....thats not suprising you were taught that

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

By today's standards the Founding Daddies would be seen as extremists for sure. Their foreign policy would take the U.S into a dark age.

Yes, I am an extremist when it comes to commies. I really despise communism for all its nasty destructive waste of humanity.

I was being a bit mean. He is part of U.S political history and I can totally understand why you find him inspiring.

Lol, compare those days to Obama's Rainbow House. Those guys would be turning in their graves at what he did when he lit the White House up that night.

I am being a bit flippant here because I am very cynical about politics.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

By today's standards the Founding Daddies would be seen as extremists for sure. Their foreign policy would take the U.S into a dark age.

Yes, I am an extremist when it comes to commies. I really despise communism for all its nasty destructive waste of humanity.

I was being a bit mean. He is part of U.S political history and I can totally understand why you find him inspiring.

Lol, compare those days to Obama's Rainbow House. Those guys would be turning in their graves at what he did when he lit the White House up that night.

I am being a bit flippant here because I am very cynical about politics.

dont get me wrong i believe the constitution needs to update with society and time, but not to stray away from it entirely, but to have a more modern spin on what the actual premise was....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"In the course of every attempt to establish or develop free government, a struggle between special privilege and equal rights is inevitable. Our great industrial organizations are in control of politics, government, and natural resources. They manage conventions, make platforms, and dictate legislation. They rule through the very men elected to represent them. The battle against corporate takeover of government will be the longest and hardest ever fought for democracy."

Robert LaFollette 1909 founder of the progressive movement along with Teddy Roosevelt

I think everyone can agree a takeover has occurred.
But which is the greater problem today?

Does government infringe the right of billionaires to control industries and resources, OR do our corporations control too much of our government?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I know, you are very bright.

I have my characters from the past who inspire me. Sorry, I feel bad treading on your moment of respect for your past. It does help to get you to express your reasoning and it is very good reasoning.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
JBS was right about some things, but pretty fringey about a lot.

Yes, anti-Communist. Problem arises when EVERYTHING you disagree with is Communist.

Fluoridation of water? Communist plot.
Civil rights? Communist plot.
United Nations? Communist plot.

I grew up with those Impeach Earl Warren billboards everywhere you looked. What was his 'crime'? Brown V Board of Education. This was a guy who was put on the Supreme Court by none other than that Commie sympathizer (sarcasm) Eisenhower.

new topics

top topics

join