It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy robs Florida shop, owner says "nah" and grabs robber's gun, shoots robber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Saw this article this morning and I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share.

Two guys decided to try and rob a shop in Oakland Park, Florida. One of them forced the shop owner to the ground, where he kicked and stomped on him a few times. Somebody walked up to the shop, which caused the two robbers to get distracted. While they were trying to pull the witness into the office, the owner attacked one of the robbers and for his gun away from him. Once he got the weapon, he put five rounds into one of the robbers, and got shot by the other robber as well.

The second robber fled and is still at large. The one that got shot is in serious to critical but is expected to live.

The article has a video in it and it's a gunfight so obviously, violence warning applies.

Kudos to this fella for seizing an opportune moment and turning the tables!

www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yah, obviously these are trained professionals, don't try this at home.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Damn!! Watch around 1:15. A round comes through the wall right by the guys face. Too bad he only got one of them, but if the gun hadn't malfunctioned, I can see him getting both. The problems he had are a good lesson though. For anyone who thinks they're gonna do it by the numbers in a gun fight, think again. That guy was trying to clear a FTF or a FTE and just wound up beating the guy with it. But, hey, what ever gets you out alive.
edit on 20-8-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

not only did he grab the gun and shoot the guy, he whipped him like a dog after being hit.

edit on 20-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank god for people like this owner!!!
People are getting of being robbed and possibly killed by dirtbags like these two
Hopefully, there will be one less scumbag that the public has to feed, clothe and house

ETA: watching the video, the owned whipped that dude like the little chump he was AFTER the emptying the magazine

I know that area, its a rough neighborhood
edit on 8/20/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I love when this happens! Too many innocent hard working people are victimized by self-centered evil criminals. It's refreshing to see a victim give the criminal a taste of his own medicine. If thugs are going to commit a crime with a weapon, all bets are off. Immediate Karma is a beautiful thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Shop owner deserves a medal & public recognition.
Yehhhh for the shop owner!!!
Those bad hoods got owned, ran away & left their bro to catch the bullets.....literally.
Hahahaaha F**kin thugs!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I don't know, did the shop owner try any de-escalation techniques first?

Why did he shoot the bad guy five times? Isn't that excessive?

Couldn't he have just shot the gun out of the guys hand, or maybe in his knee?

Geez, how dare he defend his life and his livelihood...

How could he actually know if the robbers were going to hurt him?

edit on 20-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That s*** is real. It's amazing no one is dead. Glad the owner is going to survive. He was just running a business did nothing wrong and some people come in with guns, so what does he do? Defends himself.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

You left out "warning shots"

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So true Torquey...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Nicely played...
Star for that one.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't know, did the shop owner try any de-escalation techniques first?

Why did he shoot the bad guy five times? Isn't that excessive?

Couldn't he have just shot the gun out of the guys hand, or maybe in his knee?

Geez, how dare he defend his life and his livelihood...

How could he actually know if the robbers were going to hurt him?

What a childish petty attempt at projecting your bias and ignoring the many extreme cases in the past where police in the States shoot people who are unarmed for no logical reason other than ineptitude, fear, ego and poor training.

Your tone demonstrates animosity and immaturity. I can drop at least 12 videos right now that make your above commentary appear even more ridiculous.

Your above commentary has absolutely NOTHING to do with past cases of unnecessary police murders and abuse. Again, very childish, petty, and filled with animosity (almost whiny in tone) was your entire comment. Again, your comment ignores the real issues and is banal in the highest degree.

Apply what you mentioned above to this video below and then you might get an idea of how petty your thought process is:Video shows Cleveland police officer fatally shoot 12-year-old Tamir Rice

ETA: In the comment section of the above video there was a post that received 241 thumbs up:

It never occurred to the cops to hang back and ask him to put the gun down over their PA system? I think our police forces are hiring based upon lowest IQ and highest ability to follow orders without thinking.

Perhaps the above is very true. After all, no other first world nation law enforcement has demonstrated on a consistent basis so much idiotic and childish egocentric behaviour as the U.S police culture has as a whole. Your thought process demonstrated in your comment seems to reflect a mindset that does not seem to comprehend the entirety and severity of the situation, which is even more frightening considering it arises from a mind of someone who bleeds blue.

Case and point.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You left out "warning shots"

Bloody hell! You and Torqueythepig sound like 6th graders....

Smarten up...both of you!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

edit on 21-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: self policing

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

edit on 21-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: self policing

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Yes the cases you mention are tragic indeed.

That said, your handful of cases do not erase the hundreds of thousands of cases in which the criminal had a real gun and indeed shot someone.

Taking that into consideration, if you point what looks like a real gun at me, I will shoot you.

But hey what do I know?

I juz beez a low iQ pooleece offica.
edit on 21-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The reason the argument is silly is because that shop owner is not a person who went to an academy and given training in how to deal with these types of scenarios. Presumably a police officer has. Really though the shop owner almost died and probably should have just cooperated. What's your life worth? Not any amount of money, I can tell you that.

The shop owner also might be charged with something like manslaughter if the robber dies from his wounds, whereas up until recently all an officer would go through is an internal investigation (something I highly disapprove as it breeds corruption), paid suspension, and then eventual return to the force when he is found innocent. That's the problem.

Thank goodness police officers are finally being held accountable for their actions.

Glad the owner was ok in this instance but it could have turned out VERY differently.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

It's "case in point" just FYI.

I can drop an entire database kept by a media outlet that shows the overwhelming number of shootings by police are against armed people.

The problem is that when it's bad, it's bad. And people post it when it's bad, and other people aren't able to understand that those incidents are in the vast minority because they never hear about all the righteous shootings or all the times nobody gets OC sprayed or Tased or arrested. So, since they never hear about those things, they never happen. Since they do hear about the comparative few times something goes wrong, well that must be how it always happens!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join