It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea shells S Korean border unit . South Korea retaliates .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You have made comments on this thread that need sourcing. Jump to it. If you can't validate your comments, then they are not valid.

edit on 8/20/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

The thread is becoming derailed.

The thread topic is about a current event that is happening now.

If any wish to discuss a subject outside of the current event that is happening right now they should create a new thread in the proper forum.

Continued Off Topic discussion will result in post removals.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
They will declare war very soon.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
They will declare war very soon.

No they wont.

They will exchange shells for a day or two then setting down for a year or two do it again rinse and repeat.

The in 10-20 years North Korea will test there first successful ICBM and H bomb and the UN and international community's will then be forced to bow and scrap to them as North Korea will be able to extort anything at that point.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If these incidents result in a war I am curious what type of resistance the South would face. military service in N. korea is required for men and their stint is usually around 10 years. N. Korea also maintains their military first policy, diverting the bulk of the resources (feed being among the items) to the military and leadership.

Since expressing a position that is counter to kimmy can result in execution it makes one wonder just how effective their military would be. I wonder how many military personnel from N. Korea would surrender en mass. The same goes for the citizens. I wonder how many would bolt for the south.

Its one of the reasons I think kimmy would actually use nukes if he has to. His actions towards the N. Korean people demonstrates he could care less so long as they produce items so the government can get the money.

One nuke in Seoul would decapitate the leadership (President to military etc). If kimmy sees hims3elf going down I would expect him to lash out and do as much damage as possible before he goes.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It looks like things might be calming down. Perhaps another drama produced, directed, and starring little Kim.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They will declare war soon

North Korea will be gone within a month one more player is gonna get in

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Dont want to strain your delicate little partisan brain here

Resorting to petty insults that quick? Must have hit a nerve.
George Bush was a fuc**n clown, but let's give credit where credit is due. Bush may not have stepped in, but that makes it ok that Obama has done nothing, even though he has been there the majority of the time they were testing?

In matters little when the majority of tests took place

Only if you're an Obama fan....then it's "Bush did it"

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I am far from a Obama fan.

But the fact is the world should have stepped in 2006 when the North Korea did not have the ability to turn the peninsular into a radio active waste land.

Fact is the the USA and UK were caught up in a pointless and stupid war in Iraq. Even if we wanted to stop NK all most our military and budget were caught up in that bought of stupidity.

could Obama have done more in regards with North Korea? Maybe. probably.

But we missed our BEST chance of stopping them in 2006. Because of that any war now will be far more bloody than it could have been.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
If these incidents result in a war I am curious what type of resistance the South would face. military service in N. korea is required for men and their stint is usually around 10 years. N. Korea also maintains their military first policy, diverting the bulk of the resources (feed being among the items) to the military and leadership.

Since expressing a position that is counter to kimmy can result in execution it makes one wonder just how effective their military would be. I wonder how many military personnel from N. Korea would surrender en mass. The same goes for the citizens. I wonder how many would bolt for the south.

Its one of the reasons I think kimmy would actually use nukes if he has to. His actions towards the N. Korean people demonstrates he could care less so long as they produce items so the government can get the money.

One nuke in Seoul would decapitate the leadership (President to military etc). If kimmy sees hims3elf going down I would expect him to lash out and do as much damage as possible before he goes.

Thats my fear.

conventionally I think the north Korea Army is a paper tiger.

But if they go down they will launch every WMD they got out of sheer spite.

In fact its not the nukes I am most worried about. They chemical weapons stockpile is what scares me. Worse are the disturbing reports of bioweapons programs.

Any Korea war, North Korea will lose, but they could take tens of millions down with them.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

They will declare war soon

North Korea will be gone within a month one more player is gonna get in

Random quotes mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm not insisting starting a war but are the UK, US and many other countries just going to stand by and watch while N Korea fire at S Korea and destroy all of S Korea?

Once he takes one he will feel the need for more and more and will eventually try take most of the world. But it can all be stopped if we kill the source before he has opportunity to do such things.

If we (Implying the US Military and the British Armed Forces) act fast and intelligent enough we can more than likely stop a World War 3.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
One thing to consider: Even though on the surface China is not the super buddy they once were with N.K. I would assume if things got serious China would step in just like they did during the Korean war.

China is already sensitive about expanding it's claimed land and sea lanes, so I doubt they would want to lose their stinky neighbor to any perceived western interest..

Some people say the way to get out of financial troubles is to go to war.. Let us hope for all the lives not yet lost that this is not the trigger something getting out of hand.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I'm betting the Navy can and will take out any NK launch before that missile can leave it's territory...well, I hope so..

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Those poor Nork personel.
THIS is where a surgical decapitation would be QUITE acceptable.
A whole country hostage ...but then again aren't we all really?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Actually it was WAY more scary than Desert Storm to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

If they fire on us we confiscate their assets aka ANY DEBTS we have to them would be legally null and void.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm usually all for peace but North Korea really has one of the most dangerous leaders in the world. Iran, Pakistan, Russia and ISIS are a secondary threat compared to them.

I would send spec ops in there to stop the people in power, a full on war is too dangerous IMO. It wouldn't take much for them to launch nukes and chemical weapons on their neighbours. People in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China and Philippines don't deserve that on their heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join