It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea shells S Korean border unit . South Korea retaliates .

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
This will be messy any way you slice it....
Loss of life will be great....

So was it wrong for me to say he was a wannabe version of his father? basically saying you will never be greater than him because youre pathetic and a loser. whose own father hated as much as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TSOM87

UK would likey take hong kong back and with ease seeing as most they never wanted to join china to begin with.

I doubt that very much with the state our forces are in.

I didn't say the UK would be in the war alone....

If SHTF with China it would be USA/UK/Japan/South Korea/India/Taiwan and likely France and Vietnam all fighting together against China and North Korea.

Why would the USA or anyone else take Hong Kong when a UK return would be cheered by the populace? I doubt there would even be a fight as the USA would chew up the Chinese air force and the Chinese troops station there would find themselves on a vulnerable peninsular surrounded buy the US navy, UK Navy and Japanese Navy with a Cantonese populace around them that hates them and wants them gone. If anything it would be a token gesture by the UK.

And China knows this and hence why there wont be a war with China anyway.

Even with all that help you've just mentioned i still don't believe we would have the strength to ''take back'' Hong Kong and not only that but would Hong Kong want the UK back? I don't believe so, that would just make Hong Kong and its infrastructure a target. I'd bet Hong Kong would be the Switzerland of Asia in such an event.

I also don't believe India would take any part in such an conflict between China and NATO. The likey move for them would be to secure the 'border' and make plans for a mass flood of Refugees. India and China actually have quite good relations at the moment and are in the process of building BRICS to compete with the western financial organization such as the World Bank, ECB and IMF.

Just my 2 cents as they say..

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

Given the chance the Indians would take back the land that is disputed from China. ALso CHina most likely will not support NK given recent statements. Since its apparent the North started this round.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Given the chance the Indians would take back the land that is disputed from China. ALso CHina most likely will not support NK given recent statements. Since its apparent the North started this round.

It would be tempting for the Indians to go down that road but i think they wouldn't want to start confrontation with China in that part of the world. It wouldn't be worth it when you take into consideration the Relationships they've built up in recent years and not only that you would be giving Russia the cold shoulder by making such an move on China. When you weight it up, its not worth it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

UK would likey take hong kong back and with ease seeing as most they never wanted to join china to begin with.

I doubt that very much with the state our forces are in.

I didn't say the UK would be in the war alone....

If SHTF with China it would be USA/UK/Japan/South Korea/India/Taiwan and likely France and Vietnam all fighting together against China and North Korea.

Why would the USA or anyone else take Hong Kong when a UK return would be cheered by the populace? I doubt there would even be a fight as the USA would chew up the Chinese air force and the Chinese troops station there would find themselves on a vulnerable peninsular surrounded buy the US navy, UK Navy and Japanese Navy with a Cantonese populace around them that hates them and wants them gone. If anything it would be a token gesture by the UK.

And China knows this and hence why there wont be a war with China anyway.

Even with all that help you've just mentioned i still don't believe we would have the strength to ''take back'' Hong Kong and not only that but would Hong Kong want the UK back? I don't believe so, that would just make Hong Kong and its infrastructure a target. I'd bet Hong Kong would be the Switzerland of Asia in such an event.

I also don't believe India would take any part in such an conflict between China and NATO. The likey move for them would be to secure the 'border' and make plans for a mass flood of Refugees. India and China actually have quite good relations at the moment and are in the process of building BRICS to compete with the western financial organization such as the World Bank, ECB and IMF.

Just my 2 cents as they say..

From personal experience most Cantonese never wanted to be part of China in 1997 and they are very pro UK.

Have you noticed the protests? Given the chance they would break.

UK army may be in shambles but our Navy will be second only to the USA and China (and even China its a close thing) once the carriers become operational. Supported by the USA the Chinese Navy would be toast. Once the Navy takes the coast round Hong Kong the Chinese army would have to surrender.

As to after the hypothetical war? I would guess Hong Kong would get Independence with UK and USA pledging defense. support.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Exactly

Any talk of war with China over NK is nonsense.

They would not risk there current status over a mad dog nation.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

From personal experience most Cantonese never wanted to be part of China in 1997 and they are very pro UK.

Have you noticed the protests? Given the chance they would break.

UK army may be in shambles but our Navy will be second only to the USA and China (and even China its a close thing) once the carriers become operational. Supported by the USA the Chinese Navy would be toast. Once the Navy takes the coast round Hong Kong the Chinese army would have to surrender.

As to after the hypothetical war? I would guess Hong Kong would get Independence with UK and USA pledging defense. support.

Our Navy would be fighting with France as to whos going to be driving our only Aircraft Carrier and whos going to be paying for the fuel bill. Thats how bad a shape the Royal Navy is in.

Doesn't matter who the Population of Hong Kong favors when it comes to the UK or China, Hong Kong wouldn't want anything to do with such a Conflict. If they went down the road of supporting NATO and NATO were the Victors, China would be in a position in the 21st century to make life hell for the people Hong Kong. China along with India are both going to dominate the 21st Century when it comes to Economy and Military, this is the consensus among Economists. The USA in its current form is dwindling along with UK. If both these Nations are to compete in the 21st centuay, The EU and a North American Union are the roads to go down.

It would be soo short sighted for Hong Kong to pick sides in such an event. Which is why i believe they wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If a war breaks out it makes one wonder how the north Korean people view it and if China / S. Korea get inundated with refugees.

I would think it would be difficult for N. Korea to fight a war while at the same time trying to keep the townspeople in line. Their military first policy is bad enough while they are not involved in an active war. I can only imagine what little resources are left would be seized for use by the military leaving nothing for the citizens.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: 2012newstart

Doubtful.. China has essentially wiped their hands clean of N. Korea and what lil kimmy is doing.

That is what they want everyone to think. NK is a very valuable Ally to them and more importantly a big buffer to any invasion in that part of their backyard. China pulls little Kims strings 100 percent. NK would not exist if it was not for China and they know it all to well.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Not really..

The last nuke test pissed China off like no other considering they warned lil kimmy not to do it. The result was an increase of sanctions, which China signed off on and has actively enforced. North Korea has another nuke test scheduled for October.

Lil kimmy has pissed China off by purging senior members of his government who were go betweens between the 2 countries.

North korea has increased landmines and troop levels to prevent north Koreans from defecting. On the Chinese side China used to turn them back over to north Korean security. North Korea recently asked China to step up there assistance, which has fallen on deaf ears.

China recently invited the president of South Korea to an event North Korea was invited to. North Korea pulled out of the event.

The perception the Chinese people have of North Korea aren't the same as when his father and grand father ran things. Now that the Chinese have had a taste of the 21st century they view North Korea as a liability. Ideology is no longer enough between the 2 countries to stick together.

China is not going to risk everything they have accomplished to support a 28 year old brat who throws temper tantrums when someone says something mean about him.

When the whole Assange thing was going on leaked diplomatic cables dealing with Chinese Ambassadors showed China was ok with a unified Korea under Seoul. The only caveat they had was no US troops north of the current DMZ. A doable deal considering we had the same setup with the USSR when East Germany reunited with West Germany.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Koreas reach agreement after marathon talks to defuse tensions - media

Link

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh boy..www.wantchinatimes.com...
China is sending hardware to back their "ally"
edit on 24-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

China is sending hardware to back their "ally"

Is china doing this to back north Korea or to stem the flood of refugees if war does break out .

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join