It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea shells S Korean border unit . South Korea retaliates .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

China may think the time of the big war has come, and therefore pushing secretly NK while distancing itself officially.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I would just build my own 'superior' speakers and blast Rick Astley at them 24/7 ...

Personally i would blast the Frank Walker National Tiles add .

A civil war is needed to restore any hope of a free - united Korea. Kimmy must be ousted from within.

True , so very true .

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The US has been in a difficult situation in China. The SK's want us to help them win the war, but they don't like such a foreign military presence on their land. China doesn't want us in the region. China mostly shields the north diplomatically, because China made the mess and has to try and keep it under control. Any invasion in the 00's of NK would have resulted in China coming to their defense, so that option was never really on the table. But, a decade later with different rulers in each country and China's relationship with NK has strongly deteriorated. The US still needs their blessing to take any action, but we could probably get it.

I only wonder about the timing, if the US has to fight a war in Korea that will seriously affect our ability to threaten boots on the ground in any other area in the world for the next 10+ years, but perhaps that's what China ultimately wants... it keeps us out of their way.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

This would be the wrong approach. Kim rules largely through fear and the mythology of his family name. If we take him out, we're liable to cause the generals to squabble at which point someone powerful and competent will rise to the top.

It's the same reason we eventually stopped trying to kill Hitler, eventually we realized someone much more suited to the position would take over if he was out of the picture.

Compared to previous regimes, Kim isn't a hardliner, there's a (slim) chance of negotiating a real peace with him but his generals are absolutely crazy. He has to appease them and control them. If we kill Kim those generals will launch a nuclear war.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Dow fell 500 points. The last days wiped out the gains in the last year.
edit on 22-8-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
In what can only be good news the north and south look like they are going to talk .

www.abc.net.au...

For the people of the Korea's lets hope this works .

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Doubtful.. China has essentially wiped their hands clean of N. Korea and what lil kimmy is doing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

China may think the time of the big war has come, and therefore pushing secretly NK while distancing itself officially.

Would be stupid.

It would be a bloody war but china would come out the worse.

USA and allies would get sea and air superiority and blockaid china.

UK would likey take hong kong back and with ease seeing as most they never wanted to join china to begin with.

Maybe the USA and allies will take all the costal citys like shanghai. If not they will bomb the chinese industries back to the stone age.

Now there is no way in hell the USA could march in land and win completely but they dont have too.
At this point china has lost all the gains its made in the last 30 years.
Even if the USA withdraws they have been set back decades and will likely never revover and they would lose hong kong for good.
edit on 22-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Would be stupid.
It would be a bloody war but china would come out the worse.
USA and allies would get sea and air superiority and blockaid china.

You're assuming China would go it alone , how would we fare if it were a two pronged attack along with an Eastern European ally ?

Not sayin it will happen but the Runes suggest it could , NK could act as a catalyst.

China and Russia are tipped to cement military ties when President Xi Jinping visits Moscow this week, expanding their strategic partnership to form a de facto alliance.
www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 22-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

with the state of the russian military and their troops morales in the toilet i don t think it be that big a deal.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

What good is shelling an open field. Shell each other! Get it over with.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
UK would likey take hong kong back and with ease seeing as most they never wanted to join china to begin with.

I doubt that very much with the state our forces are in.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TSOM87

I doubt that very much with the state our forces are in.

I didn't say the UK would be in the war alone....

If SHTF with China it would be USA/UK/Japan/South Korea/India/Taiwan and likely France and Vietnam all fighting together against China and North Korea.

Why would the USA or anyone else take Hong Kong when a UK return would be cheered by the populace? I doubt there would even be a fight as the USA would chew up the Chinese air force and the Chinese troops station there would find themselves on a vulnerable peninsular surrounded buy the US navy, UK Navy and Japanese Navy with a Cantonese populace around them that hates them and wants them gone. If anything it would be a token gesture by the UK.

And China knows this and hence why there wont be a war with China anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
If we kill Kim those generals will launch a nuclear war.

I think if anyone were to kill kim, his generals will breath a long sigh of relief.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

I think if anyone were to kill kim, his generals will breath a long sigh of relief.

Hey yeah a big fat load will be lifted from there chest.

Those old generals in these photos i bet are 25

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Hey look what i twetted to Kims twitter acount.

BREAKING NEWS!! NORTH KOREA COWERS BEFORE MIGHT OF SOUTH KOREA AND THE US!! China says they are on their own!! BEcause Kims stupid.
0 retweets 0 favorites

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Hey look what i twetted to Kims twitter acount.

BREAKING NEWS!! NORTH KOREA COWERS BEFORE MIGHT OF SOUTH KOREA AND THE US!! China says they are on their own!! BEcause Kims stupid.
0 retweets 0 favorites

WOW I wish I was that cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

Awww the sarcasm is so cute. I posted worse but i cant post it here du e to subjects in said post. I di dput something along th elines of him and his mother screwing around though.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This will be messy any way you slice it....
Loss of life will be great....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Why post anything at all that would try to escalate something horrible that could happen?

If they actually read the comments on their feed, why not try something more diplomatic
instead of childish remarks?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join