It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea shells S Korean border unit . South Korea retaliates .

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CassettiWFC
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I see the Americans are mobilising troops on the border, specifically in Paju.

North Korean ultimatum to the South - S. Korea must stop broadcasts by 5pm Saturday.

South Korea responded by stating the broadcasts will not stop.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My guess, the conventional war will start in 48 hours with "provocations". North Korea will take Seoul before a full scale US intervention. The nuclear war will start until the end of August. In September, the world will stand before a different reality, not only in Koreas. To avoid the nuclear armageddon, ET will intervene. Or, we will have it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

So I get saved by hot green alien chicks?.

Please say yes!!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No, not green.

The reasoning is quite simple.
To stop the North Korean 1 mln army, that can shell Seoul from its current positions without any movement, the US must be involved full fledged on the peninsula with aircraft carriers and bombers from Japan and Okinawa. Then the next step for Kim will be to make preemptive nuclear strikes at targets important for his hidden bosses.

Then all the hell break loose, with US and China involved, possibly others. Other fronts may open meanwhile anywhere on the globe.

Unless and until divine intervention occurs. I called it ET, you can exchange the wording if it doesn't fit your views.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So the hot E/T chicks are still on the table? Dancing hopefully.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The problem that US "think tanks" should have already faced: US cannot "nuke North Korea first". Or otherwise destroy on wide scale all of NK well hidden missiles.

The world opinion may side in favor of no nuclear war at all. However, we have to be crystal clear, that North Korea have a first strike capability. It CAN nuke US bases FIRST. NK doesn't have a second strike capability, as the US and Russia have. It has only one shooting wave and it is the first surprising one.

Imagine what happens if it is not Okinawa hit, but Washington (as Kim warned) or any other major US city. What happens if Tokyo is nuked, that is reachable by much smaller missiles proven to work. What happens? Retaliation? Deterrent? If and when US retaliate, China will get involved with massive strikes on its own. Because if China waits for US first strike, China is out of the game.

That is the logic of the first nuclear strike, developed in the Cold War. Only today the weapons are smaller in size, faster and deadlier in power, compared to the time of the Cuban crisis. Imagine each Chinese nuke is charged with 1 megaton or more. Imagine NK got it from China too. It is quite possible. US may intercept 19 out of 20 missiles, and that one single missile to bring 1 megaton or more devastation to any West coast city. A price that cannot be afforded.

Unless something else happens. Call it Disclosure if you will. The current course is on nuclear Armageddon. Hope it changes somehow, before we all die faster or slower, while blindly staying on that course.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I really have to state, that I do not believe China will allow this to go that far. N.K. has always been their yapping small dog on a chain. China doesn't want this going on in their backyard, and are fully aware of the "invitiation" this would send to U.S. forces in S.K., and from the mainland.

Both Sides have had over 50 years to site in artillery, plan attack & counter attacks against soft-targets and primary objectives. If an open-fire situation begins, the in-direct fire will be over in minutes. And hand to hand, street to street combat begins. The U.S. with superior air-support, off-coast direct and indirect fire support will have U.S. boots deep within the N.K. before the day was over.

Again, China knows this. China is neither interested in an open war in their backyard, nor open hostility to one of their largest markets.

Xi Jinping is going to be yanking on that leash rather soon....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Let's just hope that Kim-Jong Un isn't as unstable as people think he is. It is a very scary situation nonetheless .

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos The U.S. with superior air-support, off-coast direct and indirect fire support will have U.S. boots deep within the N.K. before the day was over.

Again, China knows this. China is neither interested in an open war in their backyard, nor open hostility to one of their largest markets.

Do you believe it will be that easy with bombs dropped by planes, in the terrain you have in North Korea? Against adversary who grew up there and learned to fight on that terrain, as you say, for 50 years? Conventionally it will be very hard for the US even if full fledged campaign is launched, twice bigger in numbers than that in Iraq.

If the war goes nuclear, let say NK drops only one nuke on purely military SK target, without US troops involved. Will US retaliate with nuclear attack? How many, 1 or 10? At that moment China could blackmail the US saying: you nuke NK we nuke you unrestricted. Perhaps Russia will stay neutral for the time being. In US-China annihilation, Russia is the obvious winner.

I am not that sure in the pacifist intentions of China. Rather the opposite. China wants to rule the world and is not shy to say it. Chinese generals already posted in English, that they are ready to sacrifice every city East of Xian, if they can hit in exchange 100 US cities. Terrible to think, but that is what has been published officially from Chinese side. It is not only president Xi or the perfumed Chinese imports.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Okinawa

Whether Kim is unstable, it just doesn't matter. All of that is premeditated plan by the entire establishment of NK and beyond. Actually, it could happen 10 y ago during Kim the father. It has been delayed. Sunshine policy etc projects have been given a chance. They failed.
edit on 21-8-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Maybe I am an optimist but the way I see a war with nk playing out is like this. Some screaming yelling and mortar rocket fire. Finally if it went far enough the "invasion" but then is where it gets interesting. I see a million nk soldiers killing their commander once in sk and surrendering as fast as possible to the sk. If anything it becomes a massive human aid project and more paper pushers are needed than soldiers. The in fighting in nk after this embarisment causes an uprising and nk citizens are left choosing a Chinese based future or a sk based future.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Xstokerx because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2015 by Xstokerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xstokerx

Well this is not quite serious is it?

There is no military solution for the Korean peninsula that could be contained within the peninsula and kept conventional. Ultimately it will grow to nuclear and will go out of the peninsula. Unlike 50 y ago, today we have a nuclear NK with untested new missiles probably made in China. We don't know what orders Kim has received and by whom. May be not by China's Xi at all. Many people and MSM prefer to think of NK as isolated island of communism that ultimately will fail, as Eastern Europe did 26 y ago. The difference cannot be bigger between the two. We talk of completely different cultures in first place. E.Europe had a cultural background similar to the Western or Southern European that at one moment made the decisive move to change the system. I will not elaborate more on EE. NK is nowhere near to that.

How close NK is to SK, I don't know. The rosy scenario kept not happening despite the sunshine policy, the free food and the Kaesong Industrial Region. I don't believe it a success rather as a failure, despite good will on personals shown at times.

Kim's shooting won't be isolated, and that is another imperative to be accounted for by those policy makers or hidden strategists. He will shoot (nuclear) only if the larger plan is that, coordinated by the bigger boss whoever he might be. Kim already showed a map with several US cities hit by his long range missiles.

The miscalculation of Western strategists may cost the lives of millions innocent people in Asia and America. You don't hit Khrushchev with a shoe, you wait him to calm down and then listen to him, as leader of equal nuclear power. If you want to avert a Cuban like crisis. The ridicule of the young Kim is the last thing to help make any settlement possible. Therefore, prepare for the darkest scenarios.
edit on 21-8-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

As long as I get saved by the hot aliens I will be happy.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You act like the South Koreans didn't grow up in the same theater as the N.Koreans. You act like we haven't been there for 60 years mapping and training... Sighting in targets, etc..

Yes I do believe an open war on the Korean peninsula, today, would be a short lived war. Bloody as hell, viscious as it comes but not protracted, no.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Seems Someone seems to not remember China has basically said NK is on its own in a conflict they start.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Seems Someone seems to not remember China has basically said NK is on its own in a conflict they start.

china have way to much to lose over protecting a petty backward third world cess bit like NK.

China have the game won in the long term. There is no point risking losing everything in a all out war.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: yuppa

china have way to much to lose over protecting a petty backward third world cess bit like NK.

China have the game won in the long term. There is no point risking losing everything in a all out war.

Exactly right. Why sacrifice your queen when a pawn is so much more easy to throw away.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Peace ? As long as the USA cooperations and goverments are still operating we will not obtain peace.. There's some great theroeys and stories on this forum haha. But you still believe your goverment and media ?? Yes the North and South have done this many times before. But because of other world problems going on it makes this situation different. God and freedom ? No way. Gas,oil and power. When's the last time USA fought for freedom ? U guys are killing women and children,raping,stealing.. Why is it half your troops killing them selfs ? Because they can't live with them selfs. I mean u dumped agent orange on your own troops and blamed the Vietcong.. Your a joke and a discrace. I hope russia and China step in
. Haha.. When will USA pay for there war crimes ??
: Finally the world could change for the better
Now watch the haters !

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Has everyone seen the thousand of km's of fence line going up In Europe or massive nato training missions in urakraine.Aussie,usa and Japanese troops training in Australia. Russian pm holding talks with China,USA gov asking for assistance for our jet fighters. What's being shown in the news atm is false propaganda. Actions over words. Don't listen to the officials with there lies. Research the actions !!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

"You act like the South Koreans didn't grow up in the same theater as the N.Koreans. You act like we haven't been there for 60 years mapping and training... Sighting in targets, etc.."

I do not "act like". I make analysis as outside observer, from what is available online. Perhaps you are right and for those 60y the South and Americans prepared better. Hope it doesn't need to be proven on the battlefield.

edit on 22-8-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join