It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black pride really makes me mad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: NewzNose

If you have to ask for proof of prejudicial treatment against racial minorities, women and LGBT people today, by American society, there is nothing I can say or show that would enlighten you. You must have your rosy glasses on.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You are being too broad, using the word "They" how about the word, "Some"? It makes you look like an idiot. Also is racist.

Actually, this thread is just cancer. It should be removed. You're just helping spread that ethnic line between us.
edit on 22-8-2015 by PeytonSeabolt because: Was still angry

edit on 22-8-2015 by PeytonSeabolt because: error.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: theboarman

any white pride groups are automatically accosted as being racist

A. White people have no culture, there's nothing to celebrate
B. White people were never institutionally enslaved by another whole race of people.

The fact that you are 'upset' that people want to celebrate their heritage and make damn sure the horrors of the past don't repeat themselves doesn't make their culture of their past struggles any less real.

White people are the minority world wide now. Not that it matters, as the color of one's skin doesn't make a damn bit of difference when it comes to much of anything, other than culture.

Oh and your stat about black on white crime might be correct, but that's a straw man argument without first explaining WHY it's that way. There's a very good reason, and if you do even the slightest bit of research it will become abundantly clear to you.

~Tenth

I probably would agree with everything but your first point. That is ignorant in itself and highly offensive.

"White people have no culture?" Excuse me?!

You mean like white Italians in Italy have no culture? Or my relatives in Sweden and Germany have no culture? Etc ad infinitum.

What an idiotic statement and one of the excesses of what passes for social justice now days.

It's also racist as sh$t. Only in modern day 'Merica is it perfectly fine to say that white people don't have any culture, all white people are this, all white people are that, meanwhile saying that it is NOT okay to say any such things about other groups.

Now, I am sure that you will follow up with exactly what I am expecting: "I OBVIOUSLY only meant White people in the United States, not in Europe." Which isn't what was stated in your post.

Another fallacy of the emergent social justice movement: People say universal generalized statements about all people across the world and 'all white people' and 'all black people,' based on one or several contexts such as the US or some other places but obviously violated by other examples, contexts, and time periods.

Person A: "Only white people are racist because only they hold the power over other groups and have used it to oppress (institutionalized oppression)."

Person B: "But many other ethnicities have held power over other groups in other countries and in other periods, and have oppressed them."

Person A: "I AM TALKING ABOUT THE UNITED STATES."

Person B: "But... um... you didn't say that. You said only white people have ever done that."

Person A: (...crickets...).

See how illogical it is?

I say this as an uber progressive and social justice dude who got tired of these stupid conversations.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Si se pueda! Long live diversity!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Firstly, what TV show, movie, play, etc. isn't already mostly "whiteish"? What percentage of advertisements in the US market to English speaker cis, straight, middle-American, white (wo)men? I think you're covered. There are no lack of white bodies on the boob tube. Moving on...

This brings up the debate on the Confederate flag. Some see the flag as a symbol of pride, but at what cost to others? Does the American South only have pride when others are lower in status?

HUMAN rights, HUMAN pride, EQUALITY & JUSTICE... We all say we understand and that's what we want, right?

Where we get into trouble is when PERSON A is threatened by PERSON B'S personal pride (aka worth, self-empowerment, interest in cultural ancestry, etc.) Which makes me question: why does someone else's happiness devalue your own? And when do you feel devalued? Because you don't get a parade? Or one day out of the year to feel valued? How does this take away from your own self-worth? Or do you have any pride in your history to begin with?

Is pride inherent on perceiving someone as "lesser than" you?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If 'blacks' were proud, there wouldn't be the racial malaise that still exists in the U.S. today. It's the very fact that black people do not feel proud - of themselves, their heritage and their futures - that the inquietude exists.

Same can be said for any "minority" group who does not have a history of colonial conquest and substantive scientific contribution to our species to look back on for inspiration.

Evolution can be a cruel mistress.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
as the title says black pride really makes me mad, they act like they were the only slaves in history, even tho we have more slaves now then ever

So what!!!!!

We do have more slaves now more than ever.....they're referred to as Black People in Prisons (the new form of slavery), which make up the majority of prisoners in America.

Get over it and let everyone be proud of whatever their proud of, it's anyones right.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentHeston
If 'blacks' were proud, there wouldn't be the racial malaise that still exists in the U.S. today. It's the very fact that black people do not feel proud - of themselves, their heritage and their futures - that the inquietude exists.

Same can be said for any "minority" group who does not have a history of colonial conquest and substantive scientific contribution to our species to look back on for inspiration.

Evolution can be a cruel mistress.

African American Inventors/Wiki
Famous Scientist
Info Please

There's plenty more research tools out there, if you choose to look for them

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
African American Inventors/Wiki
Famous Scientist
Info Please

There's plenty more research tools out there, if you choose to look for them

Infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things and, even if taken as genuine examples of significant minority¹ group contributions to our species' development, it only serves to reënforce the notion that such "minority" groups' ignorance is key to their perceived 'subjugation' and issuing irascibility.

* ¹ The "population PIN code" for the year 2100 is said to be 1145:
1 billion in the Americas
1 billion in Europe
4 billion in Africa
5 billion in Asia (inc. Oceania)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maybe if people would stop looking at what divides us and instead focus on what unites us we will stand together against evil/oppression/etc.

I think people automatically look for differences so they can blame someone for their perceived slight/oppression, whether real or fabricated.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

Race doesn't exist in any scientific sense, it is a superficial social construct that has no basis in anything other than appearance, like calling someone emo or hipster, when really they just have terrible fashion sense..

Which means that any culture that identifies with the term race suffers from cultural racisim. Which by default makes most people racist...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ohh poor white you. There are a lot of dumb things people have been jealous over in the past decades, but being jealous of THIS?? It's a whole new level of stupidity. You really want so bad for people to come and snatch you from your country to have you live in a different country as a slave with no rights?? I mean really????

You racist guys always # me over with your thinking...I JUST, CAN NOT AND WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND IT!!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

interesting video, it brings up some good points.

thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

i think both points are equally ignorant.

second line.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

you you do know blacks arnt the only slaves rights?

second line.
edit on 26-8-2015 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i wonder if the people who think this thread is racist also thinks sending illeagle's back to their own country is racist? .

and to the people saying this thread should be removed, just

edit on 26-8-2015 by Brianbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by Brianbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: theboarman

any white pride groups are automatically accosted as being racist

Oh and your stat about black on white crime might be correct, but that's a straw man argument without first explaining WHY it's that way. There's a very good reason, and if you do even the slightest bit of research it will become abundantly clear to you.

~Tenth

When you say there's a very good reason, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not condoning hate crime; but that could easily be taken the wrong way. You may want to clarify.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It only exist because of white supremacy.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

are you seriously saying black pride only exists because of ''white supremacy''?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join