It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black pride really makes me mad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
as the title says black pride really makes me mad, they act like they were the only slaves in history, even tho we have more slaves now then ever, any white pride groups are automatically accosted as being racist, when in 30 or so years from now when whites will be the minority, groups like these will be the norm in america. 90% of hate crime is black on white im sick of people acting like its the other way.
edit on 20-8-2015 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

90% of hate crime is black on white im sick of people acting like its the other way.

Do you have a link for this . Just my opinion but a lot of hate crime seem to religious in nature . World wide that is .
edit on 20-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Aren't there clan meetings for this kind of thing?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton
Do I detect a racial slur towards my Scottish forebears?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
No point going mad over skin pigmentation. No ones stopping you of being proud to be white, but, pride over skin pigmentation is pretty silly really, I'm not so white after I get back from holidays in the sun.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Dude, I do kinda understand what your saying. Both black power & white power movements piss me off to no end as well. We need to move towards 'human power' to gain any kind of true equality within society.

Though, the problem with achieving universal equality still stands, since black people are being unfairly discriminated against by our white ancestors, as we speak.

Obviously us white trash cope a lot of crap from TPTB as well, but its kind irreverent. Since if I was ever driving around with a few ounces of weed, then I would know to just drive behind a black person, because the police will always pull over a black person before they'll pull over a white person.

That's the fact and reality of society.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

In my opinion, it is the natural by-product of a materialistic consumer society to splinter and separate into various groups - ranging from political to social.

Out of 7 billion humans, I'd hazard a guess we would be looking at about 5% that are hell-bent on creating a ship-storm for various reasons and by one means or another. The rest of us just want to live and let live.

Let them be proud - to the point that they no longer feel it necessary to express that so overtly and feel at peace with themselves - that goes for many other groups.

If the law of nature is every action has an equal and opposite reaction then react to black pride with a resounding agreement for their plight - without diminishing already established accepted customs and traditions.

It is very important for folks to realize that continuous moral and ethical improvement of the individual will lead to advances in living standards.......in turn leading to being happy.

It is the ultimate human achievement, imo, to attain "happiness"

It's up to each and every one of us to ensure we collectively get there.

edit on 20-8-2015 by Sublimecraft because: grammar

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
if i had a magic wand i would get rid of any type of pride for things that are not accomplishments.
is it an accomplishment to be black, or american, or spanish or gay? nope, so out the window.
some might argue that it's about celebrating the culture that comes with being for example black or american, but to me it's just people listing ways in which they are different.
that causes, indirectly or directly a sense of separation, as if we aren't equal after all

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Aren't there clan meetings for this kind of thing?

Are you trying to stop a discussion by using guilt based slanderous accusations?

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
No point going mad over skin pigmentation. No ones stopping you of being proud to be white, but, pride over skin pigmentation is pretty silly really, I'm not so white after I get back from holidays in the sun.

I'm proud to be white,
and it's my right
and if you try to call me out
I'll start a fight.

I'm proud to be black, yall
and that's a fact yall
and if yo utry to take whats mine
I'll take it back, yall..

yeah ones a song, the other a racist cry that needs to make all whites feel bad.

Got ya.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Pride isn't the problem. I have no grievance with white pride, black pride, Latino pride, or any other type of pride. Without that pride we'd have no Oktoberfests, no Scottish Highland games, no Cinco De Mayo cerveza sales, and no St Patrick's Day... the problem is when the pride becomes a superiority complex rooted in ancestry and race. That is a problem which seems to manifest itself in EVERY race and EVERY culture.

The truth is Dr. Mark Dean (African American inventor and architect of the modern personal computer while he was Vice President of IBM) is smarter than Bill Gates.
Larry Bird was a better basketball player than Issaiah Thomas (and Larry the Legend could dunk a ball, which tore Zeke up to no end)
Roberto Clemente was one of the greatest baseball players ever to live.
All of them were humans and all of them put on their pants one leg at a time.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Lets stop with "skin color" pride, and start with HUMAN pride.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think you hit it.

All races should be proud of their heritage. But as Americans, civil human beings, seems we constantly fail in this.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Seriously, the idea of race is what separates us in groups anyway.

Also, if we stopped with the idea of race, that doesn't nessisarily mean we have to stop with celebration of cultures.

It would just be like "These people celebrate Dia De los muertos, these ones celebrate Hanukkah, these ones christmas, these ones Eid Mubarak"

For F sakes, Race is made up to segregate us!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

The idea does reinforce racism and puts the divide in the limelight.

However your approach is less than enviable.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
as the title says black pride really makes me mad, they act like they were the only slaves in history, even tho we have more slaves now then ever, any white pride groups are automatically accosted as being racist, when in 30 or so years from now when whites will be the minority, groups like these will be the norm in america. 90% of hate crime is black on white im sick of people acting like its the other way.

Try being Irish, we were slaves too but treated less than half as well as the black slaves.

And now we are "whitey".

We got screwed back then and now.

# all the idiots, black and white!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
A reply to: theboarman

Race doesn't exist in any scientific sense, it is a superficial social construct that has no basis in anything other than appearance, like calling someone emo or hipster, when really they just have terrible fashion sense..

Just because the people who piss you off weren't the only slaves, doesn't diminish their suffering.

Pride in anything you can't take personal responsibility for is what bugs me the most. You can be proud of what you've done, or be respected or judged by the decisions you make. You CANNOT be proud of being born white, or black, or american, or gay, or anything.

You can be proud of the acheivements of your countrymen, or family, but NOT for simply being from a certain country or family.

It drives me nuts when a political candidate says something like "the stuff this guy has done makes me proud to be american", as if they chose to be born in america just so they could take credit for others' actions. Cool by association, like f'n highschool.
edit on 20-8-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
90% of hate crime is black on white im sick of people acting like its the other way.

What hat did you pull THIS statistic from?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Any time you find your self becoming mad at what other people are doing, you should sit down and think about it real hard. Try to break it down, talk to others who disagree with you and honestly figure out exactly why you are getting upset.
If you really are mad at others for having some kind of pride in themselves, that shouldn't affect you at all. I'm guessing you are a white male from the southern united states. I'll give you a quarter if i'm wrong.

My point is that if you are the one getting mad and nobody is doing anything to you, then the problem probably started with you.

I am Irish/Native american creek nation.

I am proud to be what i am. Does that make you mad? Why not?

Does cinqo de Mayo make you mad?

edit on 20-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So, it's okay to have a TV show called "Blackish" where clearly a "Whiteish" show would be subject to racial accusation?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join