It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump…The Good…The Bad…and the Ugly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Forgive me for another Trump thread but it is important that we systematically look at this man’s views in light of the fact he may be steamrolling to the presidency

Therefore it is imperative we look closely at his views

The Good:

Bringing jobs back to Americans.

Taking on China economically and other countries on Trade

Deporting illegal criminals in mass

Destroying ISIS

Getting rid of Common Core

Building a wall over Mexico

Shaking up the lethargic system of political bribery in Washington

Avoiding extreme political correctness

The Bad:

Replacing Obamacare

Getting into abortion and Plan Parenthood issues

Trying to force Mexico to pay for the wall

The Ugly:

Taking the oil in the ME

Deporting kids

Calling a group rapists and criminals

Too disparaging of critics

On what issues do the ATS family view Trump by the above criteria

edit on 19-8-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Replacing Obama Care with "Posted Prices" of medical services so the consumer can shop for the best bargain will drive down prices. That is how you deal with healthcare.

Today, medical providers do not have to post prices or tell you the charges. One place charges a couple hundred bucks for a catscan, another 10k.

Having a system that pays a fixed cost with the consumer paying the difference will drive down prices and increase quality.

Look at Lasic Surgery for an example.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Then perhaps he should improve it rather than go through another whole upending of the system.

Then you think his Obamacare ideas are in the Good?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The unreal, the galactic-ally stupid and the incredibly ugly! Take your pick the guy is a tool. Windbag of hot air. He talks a big game about illegal immigration and I bet there will be some story that comes out soon about how in his 30 years of business he has employed his share of illegals, that he has been a tax evader, that he is a pervert, on top of the fact he is a chauvinistic pig.

There is absolutely no way this guy gets elected in a real election, now, if his bilderberg buddies want to get him in office it will only be so they can knock him down a peg.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I read your point as saying the American system and individual is hopeless and the sytem is too corruptible for any one man to actually bring changes and Trump’s character certainly is within that corruption therefore he can’t do anything even IF he wanted to

You may be right

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Good:

Bringing jobs back to Americans. --> YES!

Taking on China economically and other countries on Trade --> YES!

Deporting illegal criminals in mass --> YES!

Destroying ISIS --> YES!

Getting rid of Common Core --> YES

Building a wall over Mexico -- well, at the border is ok too

Shaking up the lethargic system of political bribery in Washington --> YES!

Avoiding extreme political correctness --> YES!

The Bad:

Replacing Obamacare --> this I don't agree with. This should be in the good section. As a tax for being alive the government demands that you purchase healhcare.

Getting into abortion and Plan Parenthood issues --> agree, this is not man's domain to ultimately decide

Trying to force Mexico to pay for the wall --> Mexico is also country and should have their own border patrol to stop letting people come through. If Mexico doesn't want sanctions they can protect their sovereignty and actually be assistive. They can finally be a responsible country and help by paying for the wall.

The Ugly:

Taking the oil in the ME --> and stopping jihad abilty. This belongs in the good section but I realize why it's in the ugly, because it won't be easy pretty.

Deporting kids --> with their illegal parents right the hell out of here. Should have thought of the word deportation and kept a place to stay in their country just in case.

Calling a group rapists and criminals --> Mexico government sending the people they don't want to pay for in their prisons. This is a non-issue.

Too disparaging of critics --> ISIS cutting the heads off christians and people are worried about our tone.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Windbag of hot air. He talks a big game about illegal immigration and I bet there will be some story that comes out soon about how in his 30 years of business he has employed his share of illegals,

All you have to do is google?

Going from 20 years ago...

Trump Says He Didn't Know He Employed Illegal Aliens

By DEAN BAQUET

Published: July 13, 1990
www.nytimes.com...

to this year...

Donald Trump hired illegal immigrants to build his new luxury hotel because of course he did

americablog.com...

Donald Trump Has Illegal Immigrants Building His Hotel Even Though He's Against Illegal Immigration

perezhilton.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You forgot the really ugly part,........ A longtime billionaire that thrives on corporate America, and could give two f***s about anything but his own ambition.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I didn't see a single thing you listed there that would be a good idea, except maybe the China idea, but I'm not so sure that is even necessary since we already do that...

Also some of those "good" ideas are just empty rhetoric. Like bringing jobs back to Americans. Obama promised the same thing.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I see zero ideas there. I see empty rhetoric. He says what he wants to do but he doesn't say how he's going to do it. In the cases where he has given details such as how to make Mexico pay for a wall they are completely laughable.

Trump is all style and no substance.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You can combine the Good and the Bad as Trump is the only worthy candidate to be elected as president. That is good but also bad.....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
All I see are good ideas.

Trunp is already making America by giving liberals strokes and heart attacks.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Msanti

Good ideas? Are you aware of Trumps monetary policy? You're in favor of stealing oil from Iraq? You want to build a wall around Mexico and fund it by shaking down legal immigrants to pay for it? The only health care plan he has offered up is something "market based" but that's precisely what Obamacare is (with a subsidy for those who can't afford the market).

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Msanti

Good ideas? Are you aware of Trumps monetary policy? You're in favor of stealing oil from Iraq? You want to build a wall around Mexico and fund it by shaking down legal immigrants to pay for it? The only health care plan he has offered up is something "market based" but that's precisely what Obamacare is (with a subsidy for those who can't afford the market).

Yes. Yes. Yes though legal immigrants never enter process. So it's not like obamacare and more get a job and pay for it yourself care? Yes.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
On building a "wall", that's never going to stop illegal immigration.

LONG TERM SIEGE MENTALITIES NEVER WORK. EVER.

I don't mean to yell, but I thought I needed to emphasize that. Just like prohibition doesn't work.

Instead you change a few things:
1. Raise the ridiculously low minimum wage in your labor sectors to something a full time citizen can actually live off of.

2. Automation Incentives, you make taking advantage of automated methods more appealing (which also has the bonus of needing more technically savy workforce, ie your not just throwing a ton of cheap labor at a problem).

3. Clocking hours for an employer as a non-employee requires a pin or SSN (some form of digital id) that gets cross checked for its authenticity every paycheck...without it, you don't get paid (or its the employers ass).

And yes, I know this sounds like a whole lot of bad news on lots of other levels, but logically this how you do it. If you cut the money off you don't have to build walls.
edit on 21-8-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

Don't think I agree with all of these but at least it's a fair and insightful assessment.
Here's how I respond. I certainly don't have all the answers.

For #1: Raising ridiculously low minimum wage in itself sounds like a fair thing to do for all -- but what comes with higher employee pay is generally something that will cause higher prices. There has to be a balance to tip the scale back to a fair market value of product/service.

For #2: Automation historically reduces the workforce. While that sounds like a bad thing on the surface, it could be used as a a balance in that fewer people would be employed but who have higher income. Unfortunately there are jobs which would be impossible for a machine to accomplish.

For #3: Clocking hours in a dictated government process check is a little too invasive for my tastes and I believe there would be easy ways to bypass the system. If you take away the symptom (the ability to employ illegals because they walked in the door and applied), then much less to worry about.

And about you last point... cutting off the money is better used to apply to Mexico -- create stinging sanctions, fine them for allowing people to cross the border, until they agree it is better for their country to assist the USA in getting rid of illegal immigration and also for prosecuting drug runners in their own country. If they wanna be peace loving and be near the US, then they need to assist.

top topics

join