It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi gold train 'found in Poland'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Two people in Poland say they may have found a Nazi train rumoured to be full of gold, gems and guns that disappeared in World War Two, Polish media say.

The train is believed to have gone missing near what is now the Polish city of Wroclaw as Soviet forces approached in 1945.

A law firm in south-west Poland says it has been contacted by two men who have discovered the armoured train.

Nazi gold train 'found in Poland'

The Polish source (wiadomosciwalbrzyskie.pl) states the train may have up "300 tonnes of gold on board," and be worth up to 9 Billion in US dollars. No confirmation that anything has been found however. The two men are trying to get an official agreement from the city that they are due their 10% finders fee before revealing where the train is. Lots of speculation going on...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Well, coming from the BBC, the story probably has some legs.
That kind of money is a game changer in a tight economy.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Neat story but I seriously doubt they'll be given a 10% finders fee or even 1%. With the benefit of hindsight we know today that it's all blood money, and we know where that gold came from. I would imagine the proceeds of it would all be given to charity.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Not when you are potentially dealing with $9b
Some may go to charity, but that is powerful money.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

From what I understand Poland has a law for 10% finders fee for salvage, and these two men are holding out for a guarantee they get that fee.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Every lawyer in Europe will be flocking to Poland to get a piece of that loot, that is after the governments get done absconding with the bulk of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Better watch out they dont get General Patton-ed
edit on 19-8-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

Every lawyer in Europe will be flocking to Poland to get a piece of that loot, that is after the governments get done absconding with the bulk of it.

That, unfortunately, will happen, and you are spot on.
It will be interesting to watch this unfold if it is indeed true.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

From what I understand Poland has a law for 10% finders fee for salvage, and these two men are holding out for a guarantee they get that fee.

I imagine they'll give them 10% for the train in that case, but not the cargo. The cargo is probably going to be considered stolen property given what we know of the Nazi's. Then again I'm not an expert on Polish laws so I could be wrong here but finders fee's don't usually apply to items that are stolen only lost.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I wonder how it was hidden, and if anyone ever came back for any of the treasures on the sly?

You can bet the blokes who found it have stashed what they can, just in case........

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Wonder if this is the real deal, how can something as big as a train go missing all these years? And, if real, of course the two guys should get their 10 percent - even after filling their pockets with loot. If I found a train full of gold I'd be kicking back and watching the sun shine over my South Sea Island while sipping on the finest available.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

I wonder how it was hidden, and if anyone ever came back for any of the treasures on the sly?

You can bet the blokes who found it have stashed what they can, just in case........

That will be the most interesting thing to me. I would imagine it is in an exploded tunnel, as it would be real tough to de-rail the train. There can be only so many of these, so I would bet that the authorities are trying to back-track the whereabouts of those guys. That could cut them out of the whole deal.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

We All know NOW where the Nazi's got that Gold , and it should be returned to the Family Members of the Deceased People who it was Pried from......

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm inclined to agree with you, given how the 'finder's fee' worked out for those treasure hunters who found the SS Central America and it's Spanish gold, when heirs of the insurers tried to claim the gold as did the Spanish government. (something like 39 insurance companies came forward). But in the end the finder's did win out. Not sure how this would work out for the Poles, as there is a good argument to be made the gold was looted by the Nazis.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Those two give up that info and their done along with their families,
tappering down to lives threatened for those connected.
And the next day a whole new story appears in the paper.
Eezy peezy! Even now the sources are being kept to a minimum.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'll have to stay tuned to find out how they managed to hide a 500' long train for 70 years.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Those two give up that info and their done along with their families,
tappering down to lives threatened for those connected.
And the next day a whole new story appears in the paper.
Eezy peezy! Even now the sources are being kept to a minimum.

That is another aspect of this story. Their lives could be in severe danger right now, if there are unknown factions that also know about it and do not want it found.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DichroChrono

perhaps in a secret nazi tunnel in a mountain side.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

yeah

why go for the notoriety

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

True! Though you'd think there would be train tracks not too far away.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join