It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Because all humans I have come across are constantly getting even simple things, like how our own bodies work wrong. And mother nature / the universe is seen as a constant source of amazement.

So if we are made in Gods image physically and mentally. Our Gods a bit of a thicko.

edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth

Because all humans I have come across are constantly getting even simple things, like how our own bodies work wrong. And mother nature / the universe is seen as a constant source of amazement.

So if we are made in Gods image physically and mentally. Our Gods a bit of a thicko.

Ahh yes... our free will is a gift, yet has been used as a curse. The way I see it is, we were given such an exemplary position, but have failed to fulfill destiny time and time again. We all have the capability to reverse this curse.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth

Yup thousands die from choking because we can not eat or drink while breathing, Chimps can many other apes can but God decided to kill some of us off for what reason?.
Designed my arse.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: thedeadtruth

Yup thousands die from choking because we can not eat or drink while breathing, Chimps can many other apes can but God decided to kill some of us off for what reason?.
Designed my arse.

ever think that is why eating was part of the fall of humankind? Ever think that "evolution" would have never allowed for such a weakness? Silence the ignorance... please.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Yes evolution did this it is to do with speech.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
ever think that is why eating was part of the fall of humankind? Ever think that "evolution" would have never allowed for such a weakness? Silence the ignorance... please.

Can you elaborate please? Thank you.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Can you elaborate please? Thank you.

A posteriori:

Eating, despite there being many other metaphysical aspects to the fall, was one of the the first weaknesses for the human; it allowed the risk of choking. Prior to this there was another form of sustenance to "eat" (John 4:32), and prior to the fall, the human vessel was likely very different. This is why it is called the "Adam's apple", because upon formation of an esophagus for food as we know it today due to the fall, it pushed the trachea forward to form the bulge we see in the front of our necks.

A Priori:

From an evolutionary perspective, having the eating tube share the same passage as the breathing tube, makes little sense. Especially during infancy. The risk of choking could be completely eradicated if there were two isolated tubes for breathing and eating, and since there is no drawback if this were the case... you wonder how evolution could've let this fatal flaw slip through the cracks of natural selection.
edit on 3-9-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Eating is an evolutionary weakness? Circle of life dude.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Eating is an evolutionary weakness? Circle of life dude.

From the a-posteriori, or creationist, perspective, yes. Eating propagated weakness for the aforementioned reasons. Jesus repeatedly talks about a different kind of "food" that can sustain us. So it is likely that prior to the fall, there was no eating as we know it today. Upon googling to see what other people have said about this, I found this post from an ATSer:

In my tentative interpretation, they ate nothing. They were perfect breatharians.

They dwelt in the upper chakras. The stomach is a lower chakra.

Then they ate, and with that their consciousness descended to the stomach chakra. Then to the second and they noticed their nudity. Then to the root chakra where they were fully in the material earthly realm and out of the Garden.

On the other hand, From an evolutionary perspective it seems counter-intuitive that the eating tube would share the same passage as the breathing tube with the threat of choking (I never said eating itself was weakness from an evolutionary perspective)...natural selection would not have allowed this anatomical blunder to persist.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

On the other hand, From an evolutionary perspective it seems counter-intuitive that the eating tube would share the same passage as the breathing tube with the threat of choking (I never said eating itself was weakness from an evolutionary perspective)...natural selection would not have allowed this anatomical blunder to persist.

And yet apparently a god did?

And it seemingly created humans with a digestive system linked directly to that tube and ending with an anus?

Did people in 'the garden' also have anuses? or did they grow anuses once they left 'the garden'?

If so, I can only imagine how their first defecation and the subsequent stink would've been a massive shock to the system.....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

And yet apparently a god did? (allow choking)

Choking was a consequence of defying Divine order, and was one of the first bodily weaknesses. Notice how child-birth became a thing only after this decision... this is because with the threat of dying now present, having children was required to persist the human race.

And it seemingly created humans with a digestive system linked directly to that tube and ending with an anus?
Did people in 'the garden' also have anuses? or did they grow anuses once they left 'the garden'?

The anus would've been useless before eating first occurred... so my guess would be that the digestive track, anus, etc, formed after the fall along with the esophagus.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So adam and eve didn't poop now? lol

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

So adam and eve didn't poop now? lol

Why would they if they weren't eating food? poop implies decay. the pre-fall Eden was a place without death or decay.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The anus would've been useless before eating first occurred... so my guess would be that the digestive track, anus, etc, formed after the fall along with the esophagus.

...are you actually being serious right now? you dont see the logic in evolution but you are perfectly okay with the human digestive system magically poofing into existence because of a geographical change?

Choking was a consequence of defying Divine order, and was one of the first bodily weaknesses. Notice how child-birth became a thing only after this decision... this is because with the threat of dying now present, having children was required to persist the human race.

and now childbirth is a symptom of the disease. your orwellian logic is a bit chilling.
edit on 3-9-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

...are you actually being serious right now? you dont see the logic in evolution but you are perfectly okay with the human digestive system magically poofing into existence because of a geographical change?

God can manifest things by his Word (Thought) alone. This is a higher dimensional being unrestrained by time.

The pre-fall world was different than the realm we are used to, so I am only speculating because I do not know. This is my best interpretation at the time

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

"breatharian"? sounds like something out of a sci fi novel. sustaining yourself purely through gaseous substances. well, i cant say its impossible, but i would strongly hesitate to call that the paragon of evolution or the epitome of life. no life form is without its disadvantages, ergo no life form is truly sovereign. and if you think a lifeform without disadvantage is a lifeform worth admiring, you misunderstand life.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

God can manifest things by his Word (Thought) alone. This is a higher dimensional being unrestrained by time.

The pre-fall world was different than the realm we are used to, so I am only speculating because I do not know. This is my best interpretation at the time

see, this is why the discussion isnt going anywhere. evidence for evolution is SCIENCE, not magic. im not here to talk about magic because magic isnt falsifiable. it cant be proven false OR true. maybe thats why you like it - being NOT proven false is as good as being proven right.

but, it really isnt.
edit on 3-9-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And having tens of thousands of children choke to death every year was also a 'consequence of defying Divine order'?

Kim Jong-un....is that you?

Formed via magic?.....did the god also use it's word (thought) to ensure it stank to high heaven? (pardon the pun...)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Formed via magic?.....did the god also use it's word (thought) to ensure it stank to high heaven? (pardon the pun...)

Intelligent Sh#tting? Is that a thing now?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
I KNOW and feel the same regard for those that are not fierce, that is part of the problem (sharks just stubbornly refuse to evolve); auto pilot instinct (did I just say they have instincts)? More succinct: no discriminatory skills.

Sharks just stubbornly refuse to evolve? Again, what are you talking about, and why did you completely ignore my post that told you exactly why sharks have not change significantly and explained how and why they DID evolve. Are you purposely trying to make this discussion go in circles? Food chain is about which predator eats the others and generally isn't prey. That is how you become top of the food chain. Humans are top of the food chain. After humans you have your big predators, each one dominates a different environment or area. Dolphins are NOT on top of the food chain, no matter how you slice it. They do not go after and eat great white sharks. They defend themselves and others against them.

I asked you before, name or invent a land specie similar to the shark that resembles a human; many rows of teeth the human would have be politically correct with; knowing its *auto pilot* limitations.

What does this have to do with the conversation? I'm not inventing a shark human hybrid species. Evolution doesn't work that way, and I have no interest in speculating.

When how and where did the human last evolve say within the last 10,000 years.

It's been posted already. Lactose tolerance, and immunity to diseases is evolution in action.

You cannot avoid the fact *sharks* need an improvement regarding their vision; an enterprising opthamologist could make a fortune specializing fitting them with glasses. Flash card study (this is a seal, this is a surfboard).

You cannot avoid the fact that you have no clue what evolution is. It's not about needing or wanting improvement. They are adapted just fine for their environment. They aren't going extinct any time soon, even with the poor vision. Their other senses make up for it and it isn't hindering their survival.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join