It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Why is it only the 'human' evolved?

Non-sequitor.

Every living creature has evolved into the creature it is today. Evolution is 'change over time'; every living thing is a little bit different than its parents; every species is evolving - changing with every generation.

and did so in only 3.4 million years if you recognize "Lucy" to be the breakout bi-pedal hominid.

What do you mean 'only 3.4 million years'. Life has been evolving for approximately 3.6 billion years - a thousand times longer than your 3.4 million years.

The 350 million year old shark specie should rule the planet.

Why would you think that. The shark evolved a very efficient 'lifestyle' long ago, that its gene-pool hasn't been required to produce new features in all that time speaks for the success of the process. Other animals, including the ancestors of humans had different environmental pressures.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere and others

This is the Ops signature
"If you cant explain it simply then you don't understand it well enough-- Albert Einstein"

I have kept the exchange of posts on this thread simple purposefully - Playing the devil's advocate if you wish
A student asking questions of a supposed teacher

"Taxonomy" is merely classification
How does Taxonomy prove Evolution ... Where are the transitional forms
All I have seen so far are examples of animals and other living things that are similar in appearance to one another
There is no proof that a Skink is a transitional creature on it's way to becoming a Lizard from a snake or vica versa
Where are examples of all the other steps between such a transition?
It is merely a leap of faith on behalf of a theory named Evolution
Where in fact I state a truth in saying a Skink is a Skink it is no other creature

I am asked "If not Evolution then what"
My answer is I do not know and doubt Evolution

"If you cant explain it simply then you don't understand it well enough-- Albert Einstein"

edit on 22-8-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

(Sigh) The fossil record. Check the fossil record if you want to see transitional forms of animals. Do some research. Open your mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

If you can give me an example of a fossil that proves Evolution then do so

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

If you can give me an example of a fossil that proves Evolution then do so

(Ahem)
Here?
Or how abut here?
Oh and then if you want a great read there's this.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

All I see are "Reconstructions" of incomplete remains of skeletons

These so called transitional forms from one creature to another are said to have occurred over vast periods of time
Its is a belief which I doubt ... To doubt is to be unsure ... Which I am regarding The theory of Evolution

Would you have me believe something that I find doubtful
I would rather have doubt and be honest about my doubts than believe another's belief regarding Evolution

Evolution is an incomplete theory of a belief as is belief in a God
I would rather deal with the existing reality that is Now than to theorise of how everything came to be

If evolution is correct or not how does that affect the world today
Who does it help, what are it's practical uses

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

All I see are "Reconstructions" of incomplete remains of skeletons

These so called transitional forms from one creature to another are said to have occurred over vast periods of time
Its is a belief which I doubt ... To doubt is to be unsure ... Which I am regarding The theory of Evolution

Would you have me believe something that I find doubtful
I would rather have doubt and be honest about my doubts than believe another's belief regarding Evolution

Evolution is an incomplete theory of a belief as is belief in a God
I would rather deal with the existing reality that is Now than to theorise of how everything came to be

If evolution is correct or not how does that affect the world today
Who does it help, what are it's practical uses

You are either being wilfully ignorant or you are unable to understand the concept of evolution. Either way the scientific community has provided vast amounts of proof of the viability of theory of evolution and I'm sticking with peer-reviewed papers based on facts. So good day to you and try and learn some actual facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You are either being wilfully ignorant or you are unable to understand the concept of evolution. Either way the scientific community has provided vast amounts of proof of the viability of theory of evolution and I'm sticking with peer-reviewed papers based on facts. So good day to you and try and learn some actual facts.

The scientific community has provided a lot of evidence to back up a belief / theory is all - such evidence is not indisputable proof
If you truly understand the theory of Evolution and know it to be true you should be able to prove it in an indisputable manner

How do you believe Evolution to be a fact in your own words your own understanding of it without being a parrot for others ideas

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

What do you believe then? It made whoop and everything was suddenly there as it is today?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I personally believe in many things
I doubt Evolution

What do you believe then? It made whoop and everything was suddenly there as it is today?

I do not believe in "whoop" but am curious as to what you mean by "It"
Regarding how all came to be

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Let me answer the OP's question with a question..

Can you show me evidence of gad and creationism?

That's without simply holding up a bible and saying "here's your evidence"...lol

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Can you please answer my question? How do you beieve all the living things became what they are now?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BobaFettish

A question is not an answer

The thread is Not about god or creationism
It is about providing evidence for the theory of Evolution

Much evidence has been provided regarding Evolution
Yet the evidence provided is questionable as it is based on the premise that the theory of Evolution is an indisputable fact
The premise (Evolution) is a belief and beliefs are not facts

I personally believe life adapts to it's environment and also that life affects it's environmental
The mechanism for this occurs at a biological and or DNA level this occurs in the womb also

Yet I question the lack of proof of this
I understand that science is attempting to provide evidence for Evolution

But until indisputable proof is provided
Doubt remains the scientists greatest tool for it pushes research for proof of an idea or not

Evidence is not proof
And to blindly accept something is folly

edit on 22-8-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I do not know

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

So without having a better theory you simply say evolution can't be it? Despite all the hard work from wise men gathering evidence to support this theory you just say no? Why?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

a reply to: BobaFettish

A question is not an answer

The thread is Not about god or creationism
It is about providing evidence for the theory of Evolution

Much evidence has been provided regarding Evolution
Yet the evidence provided is questionable as it is based on the premise that the theory of Evolution is an indisputable fact
The premise (Evolution) is a belief and beliefs are not facts

I personally believe life adapts to it's environment and also that life affects it's environmental
The mechanism for this occurs at a biological and or DNA level this occurs in the womb

Yet I question the lack of proof of this
I understand that science is attempting to provide evidence for Evolution

But until indisputable proof is provided
Doubt remains the scientists greatest tool for it pushes research for proof of an idea or not

Evidence is not proof
And to blindly accept something is folly

I am confused. The thread title that I am looking at asks "Is there any evidence for Evolution?"

Evidence has been provided.

Proof was not asked for and nor could it ever be supplied. Why? Because, as any scientist knows, (and as YOU well know) theories cannot be proven only disproven. A theory will remain our best understanding of any given subject until some piece of evidence causes us to reevaluate our theory. If no such evidence appears then it remains the most likely answer, given our current understanding.

In order for the scientific community to need to reevaluate the Evolution theory some evidence would need to be presented that causes a problem for the theory of Evolution to describe. If that evidence ever materialises the scientific community will no doubt reexamine the theory.

I sincerely doubt that the scientific community will feel the need to reevaluate the Theory of Evolution purely based on the fact that there are some not-so-well-educated folks on the internet that don't "get it".

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I am saying that the theory of evolution is a theory
Theory's are based on evidence
Until indisputable proof is provided it is not a fact it is a theory

If you believe evolution is a fact that is merely belief

It would be more honest to say here is some evidence for our theory which is yet to be proven fully
It would be disingenuous to say it is a fact

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Yes there is evidence for the theory of evolution and it has been provided

But indisputable proof has yet to provided

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Yes there is evidence for the theory of evolution and it has been provided

But indisputable proof has yet to provided

Read that again and maybe you see where the knot in your mind lies.

Our entire science stands on theories, the surgeon cutting you open has to trust the evidence supporting the theory that your appendix when infected can kill you and how to remove it best.
Come up with something that is based on the provided evdence and better than our so far established evolution theory and you can discuss it, but like this... that's just lazy and pointless.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So without having a better theory you simply say evolution can't be it?

I just wanted to pick you up on this question/comment

I am not saying Evolution is not it nor I am saying it is it
It is my hope that further research will provide proof of how all came to be
Be it through the process of evolution or some other means

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join