It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: amazing
What do you have to offer as a replacement. As with all evolutionary/creation threads, this one basic question will be ignored.

Compassion paired with free will.
Compassion paired with free will allows us to nurture a disabled child rather than toss it off a cliff. Evolution would classify that as an abnormality about to get snipped from the tree of life, a rarity that goes unnoticed, a bad mutation about to get culled, not just the child but the energy wasting parents especially.

A strong willed people should just dominate and annihilate the weak, according to evolution.
Yet we seen Free Democracies rise to annihilate the aggressor nations, who were armed with the morality the will and the mechanizations to eradicate their evolutionary weaker competition only to fail.

Evolution works as a thought experiment yet fails miserably when applied to humans.
Mankind has a unique label, Made in the image of God.
A God that knows love and compassion, fairness, the value of free will. Where in the natural habitat did ancestral mankind witness, emulate and learn to practice these evolutionary suicidal traits? Why haven't they been culled from our species long ago through evolutionary processes?

Once again - you really either don't understand this, or you are wilfully misrepresenting it. Again.

I understand it fully, and so did Darwin and Hitler. Hitler never allowed an army to retreat and ended up committing suicide blaming his people for not being strong enough.

He was NEVER on the front lines of fire for his war; yes WWI in the trenches (learned through that experience); shave the moustache just so to fit the gas mask during an unanticipated wind change *blow back* mustard attack.
edit on 20-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
He was NEVER on the front lines of fire for his war; yes WWI in the trenches (learned through that experience); shave the moustache just so to fit the gas mask during an unanticipated wind change *blow back* mustard attack.

Nobody said he was in the front lines, you made no point by that statement.

He was in command, he followed an ideology, he engrained that ideology into millions of Hitler Youth who marched in his armies when they came of age, only to die in the frozen wastes of Russia, the dry deserts of Africa, or any number of places across Europe. He expected his superior master race to succeed, because he believed in evolution. Evolution failed him, but in the end he did not admit it was the ideology that was wrong, he blamed his people for not being as strong as evolution required them to be.
edit on 20-8-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
How I would love to live your life. I am so jealous. I've always wanted to haver your level of thinking as life would be so much easier, oblivious to even simple concepts.

Every post you send makers me that little but more jealous. Evolution is not true cos of hitler. Wow that felt good.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I have an explanation for you, believe it or not.

The reason why humans seem bent on bucking evolution and the whole notion of the "survival of the fittest" is because humans are social creatures. In fact, we are more social than any other animal. Most of us are at least social with elements of our biological family and close friends. Some are social beyond that, incorporating social structures like towns, cities, or even nation states into their social "pack." A few have transcended even this, and see all humans, and -- indeed -- all life, as sacred, connected and part of their social sphere.

Everyone acts on this impulse, to some extent. Even sociopaths don't want to seem foreign or alien to the social ecology they immerse themselves in, so they act accordingly. We celebrate compassion, deify harmony and social cohesion, and elevate the notion that to NOT participate is to become the outsider; --a mere animal.

This tendency has been manipulated throughout the ages, by those seeking power, resources, wealth or authority over others. A "grass roots" movement becomes a "groundswell" of support. Not because one idea is objectively better or worse, but because to NOT be a member of your society is aberrant.

Peacocks are social creatures, so are any animals that herd, insects that colony etc.

Even so, you ended your theory stating nobody wants to be an outsider, they would rather go with the flow. Well the flow of life according to evolution is survival of the fittest, not keeping up with the Joneses or energy wasting weakening behavior that puts you on the extinction path such as compassion. Not being an outsider, as you state, is the opposite of free will. Free will should have been culled by evolution during the protozoan stages of life.

Having trouble understanding where you wanted to go with that post.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
How I would love to live your life. I am so jealous. I've always wanted to haver your level of thinking as life would be so much easier, oblivious to even simple concepts.

Every post you send makers me that little but more jealous. Evolution is not true cos of hitler. Wow that felt good.

It's easy,

Refuse the Kool-Aid and hop on board.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'll say it again because my first post went unnoticed, DOGS ARE PROOF OF EVOLUTION! How did dogs physically change over the course of known history to our selective breeding methods. They changed at the genetic level hence the term "EVOLUTION"!!!!! Its so simple I actually want to slap a person in the face who thinks evolution doesn't exist.

Life changes over time to suit it's environment and is constantly at a battle for survival which drives our DNA to look for better solutions to the hardships of living. I really think some people are just hard wired to be ignorant.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
I'll say it again because my first post went unnoticed, DOGS ARE PROOF OF EVOLUTION! How did dogs physically change over the course of known history to our selective breeding methods. They changed at the genetic level hence the term "EVOLUTION"!!!!! Its so simple I actually want to slap a person in the face who thinks evolution doesn't exist.

Life changes over time to suit it's environment and is constantly at a battle for survival which drives our DNA to look for better solutions to the hardships of living. I really think some people are just hard wired to be ignorant.

All the dogs.......wait for it.......are still dogs.
The potential of their traits were expressed according to varying environmental factors and mutations.

When a dog turns into an animal that is not a dog, then you will have something, until then it's all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Evolution works by accumulated successive generations of mutations and how they play with the environment. But because we have gotten to be clever little monkeys, we have reversed the process: adapt the environment to us so we stay the same. This may very well end up backfiring at some point...mother natures filter might end up filtering us. Maybe a good idea.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Evolution works by accumulated successive generations of mutations and how they play with the environment. But because we have gotten to be clever little monkeys, we have reversed the process: adapt the environment to us so we stay the same. This may very well end up backfiring at some point...mother natures filter might end up filtering us. Maybe a good idea.

When we can control the sunspot activity on the sun, then we will control our environment.
In small regional areas we can control things, like watering a desert. When the drought hits though, so much for mans control. El nino anyone? How about some polar ice cap melting? Toss in some seismic activity, a little spat of some deadly epidemics we didn't even know existed and man controls about as much as the acne on his forehead.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Would you be surprised if I told you that there are contingency plans for such developments? Regretfully, they are almost entirely reserved for the rich and/or "useful" members of society.

The rest of us would basically be SOL like you said. But you don't need 7 billion to repopulate the human species. Hell, there's rumors of all these eugenics programs in the works...that's basically man-guided evolution right there. Depopulation, genetic therapy, cybernetic augmentation, etc. And the most bitter irony is that we will beg for it, every step of the way. We will let them turn evolution itself into a commodity.

Who saw that coming?

edit on 20-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Tinfoil: Nobody said he was in the front lines, you made no point by that statement.

Oh but you did imply he was master and commander of all of his perfect aryan 'uberman' troops marching to their deaths (knowing this and taking the cowards way out). Was Hitler's intention to actually destroy Germany?

Tinfoil: He was in command, he followed an ideology, he engrained that ideology into millions of Hitler Youth who marched in his armies when they came of age, only to die in the frozen wastes of Russia, the dry deserts of Africa, or any number of places across Europe. He expected his superior master race to succeed, because he believed in evolution. Evolution failed him, but in the end he did not admit it was the ideology that was wrong, he blamed his people for not being as strong as evolution required them to be.

So, I suppose he did not follow his regular army Wehrmacht Generals advice (do not invade on three fronts) yet he and his SS General goon/spooks thought better. He did not believe in evolution by any means NATURAL. He decided to be the comet strike and hurry things along; playing God. You say this: "He blamed his people for not being as strong as evolution required them to be". HE NEVER REALLY INFORMED THEM as to his grand plan (did he)? Since when does evolution require a dictators subjects to be strong unless you deceive them as to your murderous intent. Millions of German men died and he had no problem with that sacrifice.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Bucking biological evolution is how humans evolve complex social structures.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Morality and evolution are as intertwined as morality and gravity - As in evolution makes no comment on philosophical subjects - And to infer God has any monopoly on morality is also laughable, there have been plenty of secular "naturist" philosophers who predate Christianity, who expounded on morality and compassion, with many ideas strikingly similar to Christian moral philosophies.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The Earth is a living organism and proof that all things are created and constantly changing, evolving or even devolving.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Mods, this thread is obviously in place to troll the site. There really is no place for it here.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
The Earth is a living organism and proof that all things are created and constantly changing, evolving or even devolving.

Its an engine. The whole 'fossil fuel' debate (depleting of) is moot. The earth creates the natural gases and oils all by itself; there is no such thing as a fossil carbonate then compressed becomes oil. Ridiculous assumption and simply not true. We will always have oil.
edit on 20-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Mods, this thread is obviously in place to troll the site. There really is no place for it here.

I disagree and have enjoyed the lively banter; I trust the good opinions of those bothering to contribute thoughts.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syyth007
Morality and evolution are as intertwined as morality and gravity - As in evolution makes no comment on philosophical subjects - And to infer God has any monopoly on morality is also laughable, there have been plenty of secular "naturist" philosophers who predate Christianity, who expounded on morality and compassion, with many ideas strikingly similar to Christian moral philosophies.

For whatever reason these philosophies DID NOT TAKE 374 BC..(perhaps the masses couldn't read) Aristotle, Socrates and Plato hadn't struck a contract book deal with Doubleday or Simon and Schuster.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why did I even try? "So many scientists"? Um...I guess there might be a handful who pretend to be scientists. But then some us of got an education at a major university, instead of from YouTubes videos. Like me.
a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
Why did I even try? "So many scientists"? Um...I guess there might be a handful who pretend to be scientists. But then some us of got an education at a major university, instead of from YouTubes videos. Like me.
a reply to: Murgatroid

Haven't you heard?
You either have dominant traits or you don't. No amount of university is going to change that, your potential is etched in genes to place and keep you in your social caste.

At least according to Darwin.

A New World Order will be set by those man divined reasons. The 1% wealthy are that way from dominating the masses which is natural. They accumulated and amassed wealth through attracting the best mates, rearing the best fit offspring, passing on the wealth to them so they can do the same. They are born into this world advantaged by wealth attained through natural selection and will rule the masses on that precept.

No wonder they teach this crap, so many sheeple that accept their own bondage by it with a smile.

It's as if they sat down and thought, why are we so awesome? Let's tell people why we are so awesome, are the best fit to rule, why they have no choice but to accept their lowly places and replace religion with it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join