It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Volatile organic compounds.

I'm 100% pro-vaping and tobacco harm reduction, but:

There actually is more than PG,VG,Nic,Flavoring we're inhaling because when PG and VG are vaporized the heat breaks the ingredients down into other compounds. The coil also breaks down a bit and we inhale trace amounts of metals. Obviously very very trace amounts because it's not like the coil just disappears even after using it all day every day for many months.

When I looked at the study "Peering through the mist" I think there was roughly 50ish compounds we're inhaling. Very roughly, I forget how many I counted.

Only pointing this out so an anti-tobacco clown can't call you out in the future. All of the chemicals/compounds are very small amounts though. Also things need to be kept in perspective (which the propaganda pieces don't do). Ok trace amounts of a few metals.....now go look up how much heavy metals are in "healthy" food like nuts. Lots of aluminum in tea...etc.
edit on 24-8-2015 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i just bought a rig and juice about 10 minutes ago. i used to use them but went off them all together. i find myself having very bad cravings at work.
bought the rig and tank with some 9miligram mounds type flavoring and 0 milligram vanilla and mixed them in the tank. i just want a small blast while i am at my desk.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

you know, even though the cities have banned them from indoors just like cigarettes, I think most employers turn the other cheek. They would rather you vape at your desk than take smoke breaks every 20 min.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

Well, there is that god awful taste when you run dry. Not sure what the hell that is but it only happens when your run out.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

you know, even though the cities have banned them from indoors just like cigarettes, I think most employers turn the other cheek. They would rather you vape at your desk than take smoke breaks every 20 min.

i see a few guys sneaking rips off their in the foundry. i spend half the day in my office and float to different areas anyway. i dont think they care too much. if the guys on the production slow things down to rip then it will be an issue.
im not going to advertise though. i dont want or need much. i just feel the stress build up throughout the day and it is going to be nice to take a rip.
my theory is once an addict always an addict when it comes to nicotine. very easy to fall back into smoking.
cant smoke on the premises and there are signs everywhere saying it is a tobacco/smoke free place.
the vaporizer is neither so im good.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I had asked Domo in U2U but we thought this would be much better in public...night help others. I couldn't decide if this was better here or in the vape-talk thread but for respect to Domo, I chose this

Scenario

adult male wants to stop smoking and move to vape with the ultimate goal being dropping to a zero juice and stopping altogether

Current habit is 1 pack a day Marlboro. Nothing menthol. Has about $100 to spend and is totally ok going with an online e-shop so long as they are reputable and have quality juices. As requested, the other thing is I'd want something that could be modded or perhaps capable of temperature changes

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

im going to chime in even though i am a novice at this. i have spent the last couple days looking around online and reading different reviews.

i will say that i was about a pack a day smoker...camel wides.

having said that, all the flavors are awesome.
i dont know anything about the mixtures yet. 50/50 this and 60/40 that.
all i know is there are endless combos.

im big on fru fru fruity #. so what you know.

the cinnamon is banging though.

i dont know how much nicotine is in a cig but i bought the 9 milli and mixed it with zero milli and was left wanting. what i am using now is 12 milligrams and seems just right.

i like the eleaf i got. the kanger domo talked about in my thread seems pretty nice too.

www.myvaporstore.com...

i got this one today
www.eleafus.com...

stick a 5 dollar tank on it and youre rocking

www.vaporworld.biz...

crazy amount of liquid
www.vaporworld.biz...

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

12 is probably a good place to start. Some start at 18-24mg but I don't think it's neccessary. Most will quickly drop to 12ish anyways.

Kyo: There are so many good tanks now. They're called clearomizers which is what you want. It has a tank to hold liquid and a replaceable heating element (coil). Kanger is a good brand but there are others. I haven't kept up with the new ones so I would search "best clearomizer" and such on e-cigarette-forum.

I like supporting small businesses but don't buy locally unless you want to pay a lot more. Then again, you can go to a good vape shop and have your options explained to you...

You don't need temp control, not sure when this became a thing the past year or two. You do want something that is variable voltage though. You could get a vision spinner 1300mah battery for >$30 and a tank for $20-30. There is the battery (mod), juice/coil section, and the juice. You can get a kanger evod kit or something for less than $50 but there are juices you can't use with a plastic clearomizer. Cinnamon and some fruit flavors are a couple I know of. I'd stick with a newer pyrex clearo. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Did you get my U2U? I'd suggest a D2 from Pioneer4You and a sub tank mini from kangertech. The mod will have enough power, does temp control and the atomizer has prebuilt coils for temp and regular, and you can also build your own coils. You will need at least one 18650 battery and a charger for it. Use the charger even if the mod has on board charging. I'd suggest starting with an 18 mg juice and adjusting up or down from there. This is a set up that I would still use happily, you won't outgrow it any time soon.

I have a 200 watt temp control mod and never go over the 75 watts the D2 has.

Never run nickel temperature control coils unless you're in temperature mode or bad things happen.

Wake and vape had great deals and is reputable.

Watch a few videos on whatever you get and do a little reading about safety with the batteries. The regulated mods are very safe, but the batteries should be handled cautiously and only charged if you can watch them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

You're crazy if you don't pick up a temp control mod these days. They're affordable now and amazing. People used to think variable wattage was unnecessary too.

No sense starting with a pen style mod. Everyone upgrades and the pen mods aren't as satisfying, well built or capable.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join