It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

It's all in the last post I made in the other 'vaping' thread.

There are some correlations that are obvious though... Between IQ levels and 'Vapers' - Or between those who have will power and 'Vapers'.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Oh absolutely. Ecigs basicically are the patch or gum but there's that added psychological element of inhaling/exhaling/hand to mouth/etc. That and being able to tailor the nic level to your satisfaction. Definitely not the same though.

Which also goes back to nicotine by itself not being highly addictive. But I won't ramble lol

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I'm tired but I think you're saying that people who quit smoking but continue the nicotine habit are morons, while people who quit cold turkey or with dangerous drugs are ubermen?

Smoking for a long period rewires your brain for life. Therefore, there's also a difference in dopamine levels between vapers and ubermen. Have fun being miserable for the rest of your life.

Nicotine also helps people with ulcerative colitis. It helps people with schizophrenia. To name a few examples. So you're shaming people with health problems? Durrrr nicotine is evil! Yeah ok if you're so opposed to stimulants, I bet you don't drink coffee, tea, or soda....right? I bet you think people who do consume caffeine (2/3 worlds population) are morons...right? You need to humble yourself. You aren't better than anyone.

Why don't you leave your nasty and ignorant comments somewhere else. If I mis-read something...this comment applies to some other people I'm sure

Edit: to clarify, my questions to you were not rhetorical. I want to know if you're a self-righteous hypocrite or not
edit on 21-8-2015 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't care...those juices are glycol based, and I used to drag a tank of glycol around in the winter to melt ice on the sidewalks.

You do know there are different grades of glycol , e-cigs use pharmaceutical grade propylene and vegetable glycol , they are both organic compounds.

Besides, people that vape really annoy me. Their "rigs" continue to grow and grow, getting larger each time I see them.

Why would the size of their rigs annoy you ?

Oh, and they love to hang out in the smoking area where I work, as if they're trying to "show off" their vape superiority to the "dirty smokers".

More likely they have been told that's where they have to vape , vapers don't want to be around cigarette smoke any more than a non smoker does.

I've also never met anyone that switched to vaping that ended up quitting the vape itself.

I know ex smokers who vape at 0mg Nic because they enjoy vaping and trying out new flavours ... where's the problem with that ?

Seems to me smokers are damned if they do and damned if they don't quit.

edit on 21-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Not where we come from, indeed not in the UK at all. Some odious woman vaping in hospital blew herself up by igniting the oxygen. Do you think I am blind, go outside, lots of low lifes in public areas where they aren't allowed to smoke vaping. I quit smoking the old fashioned way, if the only way you can quit is to vape around other people then you should just go away. So how has my comment nothing to do with this thread then? Is it because I think, like MAJORITY of people, that vaping is every bit as disgusting as smoking?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

I quit smoking the old fashioned way

Good for you.
But that doesn't give you the right to bag people who are trying to quite using an alternative method , learn some understanding .
Some odious woman ? , do you know her ? , or is she odious merely because she's a vaper ?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I have not smoked for a fortnight. Just decided that when i turned 40 i would quit and so far have not looked back. As to the E-cigarettes i think they are a great idea and considering there safety a far better alternative to Tobacco consumption.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex I really don't understand the anti vaping crowd. They don't care about others health or the cost to the NHS of smoke related illnesses. The NHS already spends millions on patches and gum to people who want to quit but they aren't as effective as e cigs. I'm all for them I've seen a lot of people give up smoking through using them, better they give up with e cigs rather than heart disease, cancer or stroke.

Some people are so self righteous, riding in on their high horse and chastising others for trying to do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It beats me too mate , perhaps it's that people fear what they don't understand mixed with a little envy from those who quit the hard way.
As long as people are trying to improve the quality of their lives and health others should accept that as a positive rather than point misguided uninformed fingers.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I would like to start vaping but looking at all the various kits I have no idea which 1 to chose. I'm in the uk so if anyone has advice on a kit that has worked for them, please share. Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sussy

I'd recommend either a Kangertech Emow starter kit (about £30) or a decent Ego battery kit , I moved from a cicalike cheap battery to the Emow and the jump in quality and vapor production was significant.

I now use an Eleaf istick 30w at home and my Emow when I'm out and about.

Ed
Most of what you need to know about products and how to use them is available on youtube , if you need anymore help please feel free to PM me.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

Nothing against nicotine. Nothing against stimulants.

Lots against media and government driven bandwagons and propaganda.

I find it hard to digest when I see humans blindly jumping on a bandwagon and using the answers the addiction has provided for them to make it ok.

I find it hard to digest humans making poor decisions but the media propaganda and their addiction makes them believe it's ok.

On this subject I'm not a hypocrite - I'd never put an ecig in my mouth and I am better than most on here as I don't need a substitute to quit smoking
Or in many cases on here - an excuse to carry on inhaling.

I don't think my comments are nasty - I honestly see a correlation between stupidity and vaping. Also a correlation between weak will power and vaping.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

On this subject I'm not a hypocrite - I'd never put an ecig in my mouth and I am better than most on here as I don't need a substitute to quit smoking Or in many cases on here - an excuse to carry on inhaling.

So because you quit cold turkey anyone who doesn't take that route is weak ?
I had a feeling there was something behind your statements , moral superiority.

I honestly see a correlation between stupidity and vaping.

I enjoyed smoking but didn't like the associated risk , now I enjoy vaping as the associated risk is far less or even non existent depending on belief , if I choose to inhale / exhale with little to no risk to myself and absolutely no risk to others how does that make me any less intelligent than you ?

I don't think my comments are nasty

Your comments are uninformed and based largely on your own opinions rather than real world facts.

You quit smoking , well done.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes, I believe people who cannot quit smoking without aids are weaker willed than me.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

And there are many people out there that had a stronger will than you and never started. You're making an ass of yourself. You're ridiculing people that are having a hard time with smoking cessation to boost your inflated ego.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I respect anyone who quits tobacco cold turkey as I tried to do it several times and failed , so yes my will power is less than yours but does that make me stupid for trying another method ?

I've been vaping 2 years now , I started on 1.8mg then went down to 1.4 and am now vaping 1.0mg juice , I aim to go down to 0.6mg soon and hold there for a bit before dropping nic all together , I will continue to vape for the foreseeable future because I enjoy it , I like to vape and think as I used to like to smoke and think , I find it relaxing.

Accusing people of stupidity because they vape isn't right.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: supermarket2012

It's all in the last post I made in the other 'vaping' thread.

There are some correlations that are obvious though... Between IQ levels and 'Vapers' - Or between those who have will power and 'Vapers'.

Yes.. there are.. vapers are intelligent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you go on thinking- whatever it is that you think..

edit on 21-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Not stupid for trying another method...

But it is stupid reasoning to believe Ecigs are the next best thing to sliced bread.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Sure, until 10 years from now and they find out that the vapors cause cancer too.

There is nothing in a vaping fluid known to cause cancer, so this is kind of like saying that eating Bananas might one day be discovered as being a cause.

Enough with the fear mongering, at least educate yourself about these products before making such stupid statements.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Not stupid for trying another method...

But it is stupid reasoning to believe Ecigs are the next best thing to sliced bread.

Which is a suggestion you have just entirely manufactured to support your point.

Vaping offers CLEAR and PROVEN benefits to those who previously smoked. Do you deny this?

It's stupid reasoning to believe that all those who Vape are stupid because you've manufactured a belief they all supposedly have to support your idiotic opinion

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join