It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and protestors clash in North St. Louis after officer involved shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Mods I'm having trouble sourcing this right now but Twitter is blowing up about it so bear with me. My news crawler is blowing up with people tweeting about a shooting that left one armed (supposedly) subject dead and the other (also supposedly armed) on the run. It took place near where protestors had already gathered for something else. There's been multiple arrests already but looks like police are backing off as near as I can tell.

www.stlamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Another one? Please keep us updated as much as you can.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't have Twitter so that isn't helping. Sounds like 3-5 arrests were made and then the PD started leaving the area. There was a helo up with live video but it's down now

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Think this is it.

m.stltoday.com... b.html?mobile_touch=true

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

CNN is just the back story.

Livestream

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
From the Livestream:

A gunshot just heard. It's heating up a bit now.

Police putting on gas masks.There's a drone in the air.

The reporter doing the live feed said they were hit with tear gas earlier.

Quite now. Cops just turning cars around. Armored truck with tear gas launcher on it.

Police starting pulling out and protesters started back with the yelling.

Not sure if this reporter caught the earlier altercation, but this is his Twitter: twitter.com...

That's all I got

edit on 8/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well, your link sure sounds like a justified shooting, but I'll be interested to see what information comes out as time goes on. Hopefully protestors don't jump the gun on this one (no pun intended), and police that keep their cool as well.

Thank you for not immediately posting this in the Posse forum.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't have it either so I can't help you there. I wonder how long until a media station picks it up.

ETA: I just saw that a couple members put up links. Thanks.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
That is a pretty small gathering of protesters. I am familiar with the area and it looks to me that things are fairly tame. We are protest weary here in St. Louis. Hopefully things stay calm.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks it's Tim Poole!
He's awesome. From what I have read so far the shooting seems
justified. There doesn't seem like much is going on ATM.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

You can probably expect some bystanders will claim a different story than what the police have given. Considering the negative feelings against police in Ferguson, I hope the police in North St. Louis were wearing body cams. It's one thing to have video proof of police shooting unarmed black men, it's another thing altogether if you falsify the truth to help benefit your cause. It will only make your cause lose credibility.

Let's hope this was caught on video so we can once again have proof who is telling the truth. The community or the police.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It's just another racist contribution by #BlackLivesMatter. According to the "supposed" official story, the suspect who was black, was shot by the police after he pointed a gun at them. The officers fired 4 shots, killing him after he straggled for a few minutes. The 2nd suspect in the case has yet to be found. When the police searched the house they found crack coc aine and 4 other illegal weapons. So why is there a protest? Point a gun at a police officer, you will be shot and killed. Dumb.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

Car torched nearby

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thanks for the help, twitterfiend

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

LOL you're welcome. I blame ATS for my twitterfiendom.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

My understanding is the protestors were already in the area when the shooting happened and just migrated over after it went down. But I can't keep up with the tweets so I may be wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Where did I read before that St Lious was where the civil war was going to Pop off?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Where did I read before that St Lious was where the civil war was going to Pop off?

No, but it is in the midst of the #NobodyCaresWar because only #LiquorstoresnReeboksMatter.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

No, but it is in the midst of the #NobodyCaresWar because only #LiquorstoresnReeboksMatter.

And hammers.

Don't forget the hammers.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

And hammers.

Don't forget the hammers.

"they work, they don't run out of ammo and they aren't very expensive! "- angry ranger, from action figure therapy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join