It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally ready to add my black triangle sighting to the compendium of UFO anecdotes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I was trying to make a joke. I guess I
need to keep my day job!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The point about being so vulnerable flying so low would fit in with the idea of keeping it super secret and looking "like a UFO". If it became well known that it were a government craft, then enemies would shoot at it.

It's very hard to figure it out, but my best guess would be some kind of very stealthy transport for special forces. Rather like a submarine in the sky?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: charlyv

Allegedly, some of the more esoteric craft (and some of the less esoteric, actually) use plasma to guide and control air flow. It's been rumored on the B-2 for years, but has supposedly been nearly perfected to the point it can be deployed on many different platforms.

To hold a plasma, there must be some extreme electro-magnetic force being generated.
It kind of makes sense if you consider the many witness testimonies describing electric devices going haywire, and vehicles stopping.

Is there a whistle blower on that supposed technology, or is it a collaboration of deductive conjecture?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Allegedly, some of the more esoteric craft (and some of the less esoteric, actually) use plasma to guide and control air flow. It's been rumored on the B-2 for years, but has supposedly been nearly perfected to the point it can be deployed on many different platforms.

To hold a plasma, there must be some extreme electro-magnetic force being generated.
It kind of makes sense if you consider the many witness testimonies describing electric devices going haywire, and vehicles stopping.

Is there a whistle blower on that supposed technology, or is it a collaboration of deductive conjecture?

Zaphod can confirm the B-2 uses the plasma on its wings if i remember. SO its not just a rumor. Also th e force used can also b e used as point defense on th e black tris i hear. as in reducing projectiles speeds.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

There's nothing completely definitive out on the open, aside from the tales of a few members who do seem to be in the know about the blacker side of the aviation world. Browse through the aviation forum, look for the recent (last six to twelve months) threads that are ridiculously long. They're a long read through, but surprisingly still active and mostly on point. You can glean some good info in them. Same for a lot of the older intelgurl threads, but she hasn't been around in years.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

I always have my iPhone with me.

I dont even own an iphone. Will you buy me one?
Not everybody always constantly has a phone or a camera with them.

I've seen three weird things, nothing like the OP though. I dont even bother telling, cause I dont wanna hear it from the skeptics.
If you've never seen anything like that, it's just not believable. It's not just what you see, but the feeling you get, you feel it is something different. And the very first thought is NOT: Oh I gotta take a picture!

People who have seen something will know what I mean. Others just cant.
edit on 8222015 by justbe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Jade dont let that get ya down. Just ignore em like i do lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Thanks. Hey, let's meet at the water cooler I want to talk to you about something but do not want to break OPSEC.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

I for one have no problem with JadeStar
at all. She's not a mindless debunker like
some.. just a healthy skeptic. I suspect
if she ever saw one of these phenomena
up close she would report it fairly.

Kev

Thank you and I would.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: justbe

I always have my iPhone with me.

I dont even own an iphone. Will you buy me one?
Not everybody always constantly has a phone or a camera with them.

Most smartphones have had cameras since I was 10 years old though and most people now use a smart phone of one type or another (iPhone, Droid, etc).

And I do know that I and most of my friends take ours with us everywhere even if it is just to go get the mail or go down the street etc. It's like 2nd nature.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Not really.

Didn't your science class ever have a Jacob's Ladder or Tesla Coil? Anyone can make something that generates a plasma.

edit on 22-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss
Nevermind the fact that I'm replying to an ever-present debunker with far too many posts for someone on these forums over two years. You would literally have to work on these forums to build up your stats, which is likely the case since you're a well known shill. Do you guys ever stop to think how obvious you are, or do you shrug it off since you think most people simply don't look hard enough?

For what it's worth I've looked into a lot of the UFO literature, corresponded with Stanton Friedman who sent me several of his books free of charge (he and Kathleen Marden even autographed them) because he liked the research and work I did on the Betty Hill/Marjorie Fish star map which you can find posted in the Aliens and UFOs forum beginning here and concluding here.

I've also used my background of what i've learned so far about astrobiology to produce this thread as well.

That said, I've also met Seth Shostak and participated in a NASA astrobiology summer program for students:

All of which of course makes me an "evil secret government shill" by association right?

The funny thing is the reverse would probably be true of my academic colleagues who would think I was an "undisciplined tin-foil hat alien conspiracy theorist" by associating with ATS.

Those of us who are in the middle as open-minded skeptics can never win. Dr. Peter A. Sturrock who I take inspiration from said as much.

I would say that the UFO crowd does itself no favors attacking people who actually would LOVE all of the alien stories to be true and who are scientifically looking for extraterrestrial life. Some UFOlogists are starting to agree...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Thanks. Hey, let's meet at the water cooler I want to talk to you about something but do not want to break OPSEC.

Welcome. Hey you wear the dress and ill wear my V costume k? lol

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Let me ask you this, as you seem to have never "gone on the record".

For the "Black Triangle UFO" type of sighting at least, and I don't mean
the mis-identifications that could possibly be an aircraft.. I mean the
ones where a massive craft is hovering pretty closely to a viewer,
and various 'impossible' effects occur, or are at least perceived to
occur.. and the person is not a flake.. of good character.. may not
even "believe in" "UFOs" at all.. but there this 'thing' suddenly is.

For such a sighting, and such a person observing it, I personally
think it would be insulting and unfair to characterize such a
sighting as mis-identification or mind altering drugs or something
like that.. there seem to have been PLENTY of such good cases,
here on ATS and elsewhere... and I'm one of those as you may
recall. I don't even believe in "UFOs". I still don't. (because
I think that I've identified it).

I would find it HIGHLY likely, that if you had an encounter like I
did, or others on here have, that you would not be dismissive
of it. Of course it might well destroy your career if you did
have such an undeniable encounter, and I wouldn't want that.

What is your opinion of this narrow type of case?

Kev

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I want to add to the chorus of "good 'debunkers' are greatly appreciated and make this forum worthwhile."

The credulous, who think "anyone who questions the usual UFO dogma is a govt shill," vex me.

I have seen things I KNOW are unusual... I KNOW there is something important and worthwhile of study occurring... and I have my pet theories about it that would get me locked up for a rest if I told most any psych professionals about it in a clinical setting... however, all sides of an argument should be heard, considered, and added to the mix... that process of logical deconstruction helps refine the subject.

What good would it do to have an echo chamber of folks supporting a mythology? Might as well go to church... but not ATS.

If your argument survives suspicious questioning, then great... if not, then the questions might be valid.

That said, the people who are sure of anything pro OR con will find themselves dead wrong at some point. I advocate informed uncertainty as a general philosophy.

And I am also very sympathetic to an 'average' person who sees something legitimately strange and is shouted down by accredited experts... being ever so suspicious of 'experts' is wise... it goes both ways.

I think we're dealing with something most people, whether expert or layman, have no experience with... note that important "most." Obviously, some people (or aliens, or whatever) know exactly what is going on... and they are lucky... or not, to know.

edit on 8/22/2015 by Baddogma because: add - fix

edit on 8/22/2015 by Baddogma because: fix

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well said.

As strange as it may sound, I'm often confused for a "debunker".
I just consider myself a healthy skeptic. The reason that I'm
a healthy skeptic, is that the facts just don't "add up" for
religion, spirituality and UFOs in my opinion.

Yet, as you said, there certainly ARE unusual phenomena out
there.

So yes, we should NOT just turn whatever it is, let's call it "X"
into another religion. We should investigate it.

Is that so hard? Apparently so. It doesn't happen much.

Kev

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

MMmmhmmm, i'm just slipping into it now.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Let me ask you this, as you seem to have never "gone on the record".

For the "Black Triangle UFO" type of sighting at least, and I don't mean
the mis-identifications that could possibly be an aircraft.. I mean the
ones where a massive craft is hovering pretty closely to a viewer,
and various 'impossible' effects occur, or are at least perceived to
occur.. and the person is not a flake.. of good character.. may not
even "believe in" "UFOs" at all.. but there this 'thing' suddenly is.

For such a sighting, and such a person observing it, I personally
think it would be insulting and unfair to characterize such a
sighting as mis-identification or mind altering drugs or something
like that.. there seem to have been PLENTY of such good cases,
here on ATS and elsewhere... and I'm one of those as you may
recall. I don't even believe in "UFOs". I still don't. (because
I think that I've identified it).

I would find it HIGHLY likely, that if you had an encounter like I
did, or others on here have, that you would not be dismissive
of it. Of course it might well destroy your career if you did
have such an undeniable encounter, and I wouldn't want that.

What is your opinion of this narrow type of case?

Kev

My opinion is that I'd choose to withhold judgement. After all it's just a report. I could suggest some things which might explain aspects of it but without any hard evidence that it actually occurred as the witness reported it the only thing which can be examined is the witness and since that is such a touchy subject and since you and maybe the witness themselves might feel insulted by that line of inquiry I'd just leave it alone entirely.

And that is pretty much why most of science leaves reports like that alone. There's nothing to examine except the witness and the people best suited for that aren't astrobiologists but psychologists and criminologists, as bad as that sounds.

If one has something beyond a story which can be examined I become a lot more interested.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

MMmmhmmm, i'm just slipping into it now.

SPONTANIOUSLY COMBUST. lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join