It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
What are YOU choosing to give your Eye/Awareness/Energy to?
"Yet will not tolerate any who are a serious threat to the survival and prosperity of the Human species"
The truth will set you free, not enslave you by any means.
The pyramid is a pretty good representation of humanity, though. There are a few people who stand out (higher, if you will) above the rest,
Truth isn't something that can be possessed is it?
So you're preaching pure crap.
originally posted by: Blue Shift
The pyramid is a pretty good representation of humanity, though. There are a few people who stand out (higher, if you will) above the rest, who are average and normal and have no aspirations other than to live and reproduce peacefully. Perhaps all men (people) are created equal, but from the moment of birth we all take different paths and become very plainly unequal.
originally posted by: arpgme
There are many realities/truths.
It’s easy to see that all of these claims are illogical when applied to themselves. All one has to do is ask, “Is it objectively true that there is no objective truth?” or “If my reality is that the realities presented in this book are false does that make it true or false?”
New Age Relativism
Relativism is the philosophical position that all points of view are equally valid and that all truth is relative to the individual. But, if we look further, we see that this proposition is not logical. In fact, it is self refuting.
"All truth is relative."
• If the statement "All truth is relative" is true, then this would be a truth. If it is a truth, that means the statement "All truth is relative" is not relative. Therefore, not all truths are relative (since you claim your truth is not relative) and the statement that "All truth is relative" is false.
"There are no absolute truths. "
• The statement "There are no absolute truths" is an absolute statement which is supposed to be true. Therefore it is an absolute truth and "There are no absolute truths" is false.
• If there are no absolute truths, then you cannot believe anything absolutely at all, including that there are no absolute truths. Therefore, nothing could be really true for you - including relativism.
"What is true for you is not true for me. "
• If what is true for me is that relativism is false, then is it true that relativism is false?
• If you say no, then what is true for me is not true and relativism is false.
• If you say yes, then relativism is false.
"No one can know anything for sure. "
• If that is true, then we can know that we cannot know anything for sure which is self defeating.
"That is your reality, not mine. "
• Is my reality really real?
• If my reality is different than yours, how can my reality contradict your reality?
• If yours and mine are equally real, how can two opposite realities that exclude each other really exist at the same time?
"We all perceive what we want . "
• How do you know that statement is true?
• If we all perceive what we want, then what are you wanting to perceive?
To the absolute fact that in the end we will all be faced with the reality of the one absolute truth. Just in the very same way there is only one truth at the end of this horse race.