It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow: AP Confirms Secret Side Deal Allows Iran to Inspect Itself at Key Nuclear Site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Does it mean that Iranian scientists/officials are the sole officials allowed to inspect the Iranian sites, or does it mean that Iranian scientists will be allowed to partake in the inspections along side the IAEA? Sort of an assurance to the Iranian government that no "funny" reporting will be done by the IAEA, and that UN and Iranian inspectors will be on the same page?
edit on 19-8-2015 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

It's all in the article. Parchin is the controversial site that was once thought to be home to Iranian nuclear testing, well not nukes themselves but rather high explosive detonators. The Iranians are said to have abandoned their nuke program in the early 2000's and Israeli/US Intel agencies agree.

Its a military site so it's understandable why the Iranians don't want foreigners inspecting it, because what nation would allow foreigners to inspect their military bases? But back 2005 Iran allowed IAEA inspectors to visit Parchin to build trust with the UN. It isn't a nuclear site.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The IAEA was given access to Parchin on 1 November 2005, and took environmental samples: inspectors did not observe any unusual activities in the buildings visited, and the results of the analysis of environmental samples did not indicate the presence of nuclear material

Of course this is being spun as something nefarious but, again, intelligence agencies conclude Iran has no nuke and doesn't have a nuke program.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: neoholographic

It allows Tehran to employ its own experts and equipment in the search for evidence for activities that it has consistently denied — trying to develop nuclear weapons…

Seeing as how they've never used atomic weapons or even been found to be building or testing them…

Its all a ruse of more WMD in the desert designed to promote fabricating lies about them in order to justify ratcheting up sanctions (siege measures) as a prelude to invasion, reduction and subjugation of another sovereign nation by waging aggressive war on them.

Just like every other country there, following the same pattern against their government (regime change) the people (and muslims in general) and their independent stance against eternal debt to the west. In the end to get their oil.

Iran this and that, give it a rest already. They aren't the evil empire

You don't need to enrich past 19-20% to make fuel for a reactor. So why are they going higher? Maybe they aren't building a bomb, but they could build the components and sell them to someone who wants it, or give them to one of their proxies.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454
Sorry, not blaming some country for stuff it hasn't done.

Certainly a double standard, considering the country thats doing the blaming is guilty of much more than just building WMD and using it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
This is just pure MADNESS!

You're dealing with a religious zealot who wants to annihilate and destroy a race of people through terrorist attacks. This deal will make Iran a super power in the ME. If the supreme leader were a Christian zealot who wanted to annihilate Muslims through terrorist attacks, Obama and the liberals wouldn't support this agreement.

You give a religious zealot getting 100's of billions of dollars, the eventual lifting of the arms embargo and now we learn why the side deal with the IAEA is so secret.

IT ALLOWS IRAN TO INSPECT ITSELF!

Give it a rest. Every time you post on Iran, you start foaming at the mouth in false outrage. And every single time, you use the same tired excuse that "if it were a Christian, Obama & the liberals would blah blah blah".

Since when has Israel cared about Christians? 10% of the Palestinians are Christians & Israel oppresses and attacks them just as much as they do the other Palestinians. There are even many movements by Palestinian Christians calling for help from Israel's illegal occupation of their land. Yet you ignore this and the countless "price tag" attacks on actual Christians to focus on a lie that "Obama & the liberals" would be against Iran if their Ayatollah was Christian. That doesn't even make sense.

Also, good on this topic. It wouldn't make sense to allow Israel or the US to inspect Iran's nuclear sites, since both have assassinated Iranian nuclear scientists & sabotaged the Iranian nuclear program. Or did you forget the Stuxnet attacks?

Also, Israel actually has nuclear weapons (or so they claim). Yet Israel won't allow outside countries to inspect its sites either. And Saudi Arabia claimed they were looking into purchasing nuclear weapons if this Iranian nuclear deal goes through completely. So if Iran's so bad, why won't Israel & Saudi Arabia show how inspections are supposed be done by letting outside countries monitor their military installments? You know, lead by example.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is a farce that screams two words forever cemented into the pages of history, Obama and traitor.

try reading the article first

The United States and the five other world powers that signed the Iran nuclear deal were not party to this agreement but were briefed on it by the IAEA

but of course, you bunch don't care.. you just want to make it all about Obama.

Tell me in a few years when republicans are back in charge trying to bomb the entire region to the ground how bad Obama was.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Also, you understand the whole concept of nuclear inspections is to inspect sites and their nuclear activities.
It has nothing to do with weapons. They are not inspecting weapons. They are inspecting nuclear sites and making sure they are being used for Nuclear Energy.

its up to the intelligence agencies to investigate nuclear weapons.

But again, you dont care. You just want to make this all about Obama!

edit to add - I rest my case.

edit on pm804318192015-08-19T20:04:38-05:00082015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

This is all on Obama, his followers, his administration.

For everyone supporting this. . . OWN IT.

This is your legacy also.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

This is all on Obama, his followers, his administration.

For everyone supporting this. . . OWN IT.

This is your legacy also.

So, this means conservatives have to finally stop running away from everything related to Bush & his "legacy" too, right? Lead by example so "OWN IT" since it's "your legacy also".

And for the record, good. I'd be more than glad to accept that my efforts somehow led to one fewer Muslim country being bombed by the West. Do I get to put that on my resume from now on? (Oh, and can I embellish? I want to make it sound like I was instrumental in the peace deal that lifted sanctions from Iran. Then maybe I can become a big wig advisor like Kissinger
)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Own it all.

This would never have happened if the embargo had still been in place.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So, this means conservatives have to finally stop running away from everything related to Bush & his "legacy" too, right? Lead by example so "OWN IT" since it's "your legacy also".

You mean the same crap that Obama and the likes have you have tried to blame on Bush for the 10000000 time.

Give it a rest

Iran had a Death To America day WHILE this deal was being signed,

if we were doing a negotiation with Africa and we had a Death To Africans day during it , you would be so outraged your head would pop off

your double standard is disgusting

And for the record, good. I'd be more than glad to accept that my efforts somehow led to one fewer Muslim country being bombed by the West. Do I get to put that on my resume from now on?

When something horrible happens paved in blood by a deal like this, that leads to MORE deaths of Muslims because of a stupid act by Iran

Sure, you get to have that on your resume, signed in blood

self righteous
edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Own it.

Defend it.

It's your legacy also.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Own it all.

This would never have happened if the embargo had still been in place.

And that's a good thing. That's called progress.

Also, the rise of ISIS never would've happened if Saddam had still been in place. By your logic, I guess all conservatives are responsible for ISIS because of Bush's legacy. Own it. Own it all.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So I guess this means that pharmaceutical companies can start inspecting themselves and share their findings with the FDA.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sadly these types of people don't care.. if they cant blame Obama its pointless. If FOX News aren't educating the point, they don't understand it.

Like all typical right wing loons.. the only way to move forward with progression is to bomb a country into submission and install a McDonalds.. or a Starbucks... as long as we're using our military - its A OK!

Anything less than that is weak and meaningless..

They'll jump from side to side as long as its against the black man in office.. when the Republicans come to power and an Iran war (backed by Israel) is on the cards.. it will be all Obama's fault.

Such is ATS nowadays. not one can think for themselves and ignore the bandwagon.

edit on pm848318192015-08-19T20:48:22-05:00082015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Also, you understand the whole concept of nuclear inspections is to inspect sites and their nuclear activities.
It has nothing to do with weapons. They are not inspecting weapons. They are inspecting nuclear sites and making sure they are being used for Nuclear Energy.

its up to the intelligence agencies to investigate nuclear weapons.

But again, you dont care. You just want to make this all about Obama!

edit to add - I rest my case.

Hope it works, but what nuclear energy will they be producing? From the 5060 centrifuges?

Of course it's better to get along. We can keep operation Olympic games going, they can retaliate and we can keep it out of the public eye. But running 5060 centrifuges to run a nuclear energy program?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

They want Iran to build and bomb. Then they can bomb Israel. Then America will have an excuse to finish them off. The end justify the means. That's how leftists operate. They will throw anyone under the buss as long as the agenda is accomplished.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Iran has not attacked another nation in how many hundreds of years. I think its about time to discuss israels hundreds of Nukes and demand they abide by the same rules as Iran.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

You mean the same crap that Obama and the likes have you have tried to blame on Bush for the 10000000 time.

Give it a rest

I'm not giving anything a rest. The person I responded to said all of us have to "own it" because Obama's legacy is our legacy. So the same should apply to conservatives. Or is this a case of "do as we say but not as we do"? If we should "own this", then you should "own that". Sounds pretty simple, right?

Iran had a Death To America day WHILE this deal was being signed,

if we were doing a negotiation with Africa and we had a Death To Africans day during it , you would be so outraged your head would pop off

That's a weak & ridiculous argument. The US has many deals with Africa. And the US also has many white supremacist groups like Neo-Nazis & the KKK. They have meetings and other rallies all the time in America. Neither time have I become "so outraged that my head popped off". Or are you overlooking those hate groups because they're conservatives like you are?

your double standard is disgusting

Same for you. I guess we can agree on something after all, right?

When something horrible happens paved in blood by a deal like this, that leads to MORE deaths of Muslims because of a stupid act by Iran

Another ridiculous argument. Iran getting sanctions lifted is going to cause more Muslim deaths than Iran having sanctions? And us averting a war on Iran is somehow going to cause more Muslim deaths? What kind of mental gymnastics is that? Iran's a Muslim country. Republican candidates, Israel's right wing, and many Pro-Zionist Democrats wanted a war with Iran, which would've directly caused deaths & suffering to Muslims. But I'm supposed to ignore that because of your hypothetical fear-mongering? You didn't even have the insight to explain which Muslims will now be killed because of this deal.

Sure, you get to have that on your resume, signed in blood

Huh? You lost me there.

self righteous

Umm, ok...
edit on 19-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added the word "to" to my 3rd to last response. i'm sowwy

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown
So when is israel going to be held to the same standard . Lets talk about all the rhetoric about how maybe someday could be if they build a bomb . Israel threatens the whole world with nuclear destruction if they dont get their way. Its time they man up for once and act civil. They whine complain and when all else fails holocaust card. America needs to demand israel does the same as Iran or all aid and support is cut off period.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join