It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:08 PM

originally posted by: proob4
Will this be enforced with Jesse Ventura also? He post's video's without any description. And he never responds to threads either. That's thread abandonment right?

I don't even bother clicking on his threads any more. I know he has lots to say but it's never to us.

Perhaps he cannot deal with opinions that aren't his.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:28 PM
nope, ur relaxing, not goin hitler

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
Never knew the standard stopped,
just thought people stopped caring about the threads they make.

Thanks for bringing it back

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:02 PM
a reply to: EvilBat

Exactly, it's like if you are only going to post one liners for your OP then what's the point of starting a new thread. I would rather take the time and read a long OP than read an OP that is one line and a link. I mean the OP doesn't have to be an essay, it just needs to be long enough so people will know how you feel about the topic and what the topic is about.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:47 AM
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Star und flag.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:56 AM
This is obviously a great idea, but it's become nearly impossible to construct decent post on ats with an iPad, the quote and copy and paste into the appropriate boxes to paste from alternative sources just crashes my iPad. There's been serveral updates of iOS and none of them improve the situation. I know Im not the only one having this issue. I wonder if anyone has found a solution? Any iPad users have this problem or is it just me doing something wrong?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:54 AM

Thanks Bill and co - I believe this is a very good move for a multitude of reasons, the most important being, imo, that of continuous improvement with the site.

I really appreciate you reinforcing this policy because this is not FB or twitter - what exists here is so much more than that, that quite frankly it seems disrespectful to even compare them.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:27 AM
Sounds good to me. I promise to make my best effort in any new threads I post !

I believe when I first started on ATS my threads were smaller and without content as I was just learning what the expectation and generally accepted format was around these parts.

Also it is kinda hard to converse back and forth with an OP in their thread when they have only posted a one liner, it kind of gives free range to the repliers to carry the thread for them, which of course I am certain many here could and would with no problem

So anyways... as stated above I promise to put in my due diligence and effort on any new thread i may contribute.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:38 AM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:16 AM
I'm sorry to be the one dissenting voice here, but an OP does not a thread make - respondents do.

Personally, I'm put off if there is too much "meat"; if i encounter a novella, then I just quickly move on. I'm sure others are the same?

I just need to know roughly what the thread is about so I know what it is I'm being asked to consider. There's no reason, from my point of view, why an OP can't be a simple sentence followed by "Discuss" - or a question.

I will of course comply with the new rules.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:27 AM
a reply to: CJCrawley

The expectation is only 110 words and you've just written 101 in your own post.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:29 AM

sometimes I think it's just people trying to get their post on the forum first before the next guy, when an event breaks. How disheartening it is when you finally find a topic of interest or popularity, and post it...only to have it removed because someone else beat you to the punch just a minute earlier because you were "too verbose". Guess it's the luck of the draw, as many of us work so much overtime that we rarely have the time to read, let alone sit down and assemble a "full meal" of data for others to snack on. I usually just read and respond for this reason as it is. Pretty rare for me to actually be an OP because of all of this. I digress however, rules are rules and they don't work for everyone, just just have to be accepted.
edit on 20-8-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:34 AM
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

A few simple lines of explanation as to your own thoughts on the topic being presented is what is being asked for.

Like what was described by the OP in this thread: "Don't post a YouTube video without explaining your thoughts and observations."

It need not be a 10,000 character wall of text (which most will not even read). That would be counter productive.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:23 AM

Understood, Master of all that is ATS.

Your site, your rules.