It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Very astute of you.
Yes, I am an activist, openly against indoctrination of children and judgment of others based on religious memes and 'books.' I am a supporter of children's rights and dignity. "Children & Families" is my specialty in my profession, though I am now retired.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Good question, but I highly doubt you are going to find many Christians on ATS who would be willing to put themselves out there publicly saying that they'd disown their children or something along those lines. More than likely, they'd lie to us (and maybe even themselves) and say that they'd love them all the same.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Who cares? So tired of this religious crusade to either push the agenda or destroy it...move it along...this stuff ranks up there with deflate gate...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I believe we've discussed how this is handled. I will refer you to the four Gospels so you can see it for yourself.

I also know it doesn't matter what I say here; you'll decide what you'd have preferred me to say anyhow.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good question, but I highly doubt you are going to find many Christians on ATS who would be willing to put themselves out there publicly saying that they'd disown their children or something along those lines. More than likely, they'd lie to us (and maybe even themselves) and say that they'd love them all the same.

Same with you. You'll take honest answers and create a lie you would prefer to hear ... itching ears and all that.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Isn't that judgmental on your part

to assume how Christians must really feel

and that they would lie.

That is as judgmental as you accuse others of being.

Judgementalism is not limited to the religious.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not judging anyone with that post. I just don't think anyone is likely to just expose themselves to ridicule and contempt like that. Any Christians on ATS that don't like gays and would be willing to disown their children over that hatred, likely know that making that public would only result in public backlash against them.

Same goes for any Jews or Muslims who feel the same way. It's just not going to happen. At least not on this website.

link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Who cares? So tired of this religious crusade to either push the agenda or destroy it...move it along...this stuff ranks up there with deflate gate...

I care.
I care about the children and youths and adults who are being brow-beaten or threatened with abandonment or held captive by their parents' expectations. I care about the condemnation and hate-filled rantings of self-styled "righteous" people.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I'm just speaking frankly. If it doesn't apply to you, then I'm not talking about you, but don't pretend like there aren't Christians who would act exactly like I just mentioned. You and I both know they exist. I wasn't naming names, nor did I have any particular posters in mind when I said that.

link   

If that were the case, ket, I would not have bothered to post the thread. I really want to know.
And whether or not people are being 'honest' about it is beside the point. The objective is to get parents to THINK about these things.

link   

Yeah, 'cause Christians suck.

Guess this was just another "bash-the-Jesus-freaks" thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Part of the problem is the refusal to separate sin from sinner.

So then - forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions - but, would you consider them to be 'sinning' if they chose a non-heterosexual relationship or person? Would you think they'd go to "hell" and tell them so?

That's pretty much exactly what it means, yea.

Kind of like how many people have that one friend that does that one "thing" and it irritates them, but they look past it and continue to enjoy their relationship with that person.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well one thing I wouldn't do is cheer them on about it, that's for sure. That's the problem these days, when a 5 year old tells their parents they feel like a girl in a boys' body the parents are quick to say "that's ok honey, you are who you are and I still love you". I put the blame on the parents, their to soft and have no idea how to raise kids these days. Most parents are to scared to even try and deal with it. Instead of sitting the kid down and having a solid conversation about the matter they'd rather just let the kid be and don't even worry about it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love my child if this was ever the case, I would still love my kid but we would be doing alot of talking regarding the matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

NO, It is NOT "just another Jesus-bashing thread." It's an important question, and one that affects many millions of people on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I believe we've discussed how this is handled. I will refer you to the four Gospels so you can see it for yourself.

I also know it doesn't matter what I say here; you'll decide what you'd have preferred me to say anyhow.

Yes, our words get twisted round and round

with Christophobic judgementalism

and open bigotry toward Christians

by people who are openly trying to

destroy Christians and keep them away

from influencing society.

They would like to destroy all Christian

values and all religious values and all

religious ethics. (10 commandments anyone)

They love to demonize and moralize about the
evils of the religious while not seeing themselves
as demonizing and moralizing others.

There is an interesting trend appearing on ATS .
The latest trend is saying that
all religious ethics should be discarded in
favor of the ethics of nature.
(Ethics of nature: keep all others out of your group, most social animals force those they don't think belong out of the group (racism);
many animals kill and torture for fun (cats for example) (random murder and torture for fun)
the ethics of nature is so brutal rather than rainbows and kittens as some imagine, that
using it as a basis for ethics will lead to massive brutality and a new dark ages.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

THIS is the kind of response I'd like to explore further. What would those "long talks" be like?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What about parents who are not "Christians"?

Being a parent should not be defined by your religious nor any other belief.

I am sure many gay children have been disowned by parents who were "other" than Christian?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: beezzer

NO, It is NOT "just another Jesus-bashing thread." It's an important question, and one that affects many millions of people on a daily basis.

Why didn't you add in Jewish parents?
Why didn't you add in Muslim parents?
What about Buddhist parents?

Why just Christian if your purpose
was not to demonize Christians?
That is what the OP appears to be
because of your emphasis on
the "evil (implied) Christian" parent.

If you meant all parents, why the focus
on the awful (implied) and specifically implied
Christian parent?

This is a Christian bashing thread by definition
if one reads the OP the way it sounds and is
taken at face value.

edit on 3Wed, 19 Aug 2015 15:37:42 -0500pm81908pmk193 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is only 3 reasons I would ever disown any hypothetical future children...

If they snitched...
Raped someone...
Or was a paedo...

Anything else none of my business or concern.
Especially their sexual orientation or gender assignment.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I've still got time to change the title - you are the second person who has suggested asking "all" parents....

but the current assault on "gays" for having gained civil rights is predominantly by American Christians, and I want to know how they would deal with this....but mostly I want THEM to consider how they would deal with it.

Whether they are truthful or not in their responses is beside the real point. The point is to 'plant a seed' that they may consider when previously they had refused to even imagine such a thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join