It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Using NDAA For Land Grab From Natives Not Going as Planned. Chased Off Reservation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Once news reports began circulating that John McCain was chased off Navajo land, the senator’s office released a response to the Phoenix New Times:

Senator McCain was honored to be invited by the Navajo Nation to meet with tribal and community leaders and to speak at the celebration of the Navajo Code Talkers on Friday. It was a great visit and he received a very warm reception from the Navajo community in Window Rock. He certainly wasn’t ‘chased off’ the reservation – this small group of young protesters had no practical impact on his productive meetings with top tribal leaders on a range of key issues, including the EPA’s recent Gold King Mine spill which threatens to contaminate the Navajo Nation’s water supply.

That's funny because what he says and what seems to have happened are from 2 different Worlds.

This is a warm reception?

As McCain attempted a backdoor exit, the activists chanted in the hallway with their arms linked. Once they noticed McCain’s convoy making an escape, the group began chasing on foot. They were temporarily blocked by law enforcement but eventually made their way out of the building, chasing the cars as they exited the Navajo nation.

I'm wondering if scalping is still a thing?

So what's all the fuss many would ask? Just that to get this thing passed, McCain of course tacked onto an NDAA bill to push it through.

www.tucsonweekly.com...
So what do you do with widely loathed legislation that would boost one of your big donors (According to OpenSecrets.org, McCain is perennially the top Congressional recipient of Rio Tinto campaign contributions) and screw an old adversary—in this case the San Carlos Apache Tribe, with whom the senator has reportedly shared a long, bitter relationship?

Well, you do what Sen. McCain did (with help from Arizona's other senator, Jeff Flake), which meant tacking the land exchange onto a mammoth defense-funding bill virtually assured of final passage in December.

Let's not forget that this is YOUR land he is selling to a foreign investor. Remember a few years ago when no one could figure out why all the parks were losing funding, closing? Many thought that Govt. was getting ready to sell it off to China to pay debt of course.

China and Rio broke off deals a few years ago for China to acquire a major share. But now who is the biggest customer of Rio? China of course. A work around solution? No idea but it lends to speculation on my part at least.

Did you get the part of Rio Tinto being a contributor to the pockets of John?

Ok a lot of this is boring and we all know what McCain is anyway. But the video is priceless don't ya think?

Jude

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
McCain was a war hero after his courage and sacrifice during the Vietnam war. Then he came home, and slowly devolved into an politician.

That's what Trump's comments were about. McCain has sullied his own reputation by supporting questionable and sometimes outright stupid policies.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The practice of tacking crap on to something else to get it passed is ridiculous. Each action should require a separate vote. The long list of BS tacked on to other bills that have nothing to do with the original bill is stupidity at it's finest.

Our government makes a mockery out of themselves.

A government of greed, for greed and by greed. Anything for money.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
McCain was a war hero after his courage and sacrifice during the Vietnam war. Then he came home, and slowly devolved into an politician.

That's what Trump's comments were about. McCain has sullied his own reputation by supporting questionable and sometimes outright stupid policies.

It goes a little deeper than that actually.

Coward and traitor are the terms now being thrown into the ring. And by Vets just to be sure:

www.veteranstoday.com...

Jude

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

The practice of tacking crap on to something else to get it passed is ridiculous. Each action should require a separate vote. The long list of BS tacked on to other bills that have nothing to do with the original bill is stupidity at it's finest.

Yes, and people wonder why this or that congressional party refuses to vote for this or that bill? Usually it's because of crap like this. Someone or other tacks on a rider that includes dirty dealing or some pork or other and to vote for the bill is to vote for that crap.

But when it's held up ... OMG! You hate the poor! You want them to die! You hate our military and want them to die! And so it goes.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Yes, and people wonder why this or that congressional party refuses to vote for this or that bill? Usually it's because of crap like this. Someone or other tacks on a rider that includes dirty dealing or some pork or other and to vote for the bill is to vote for that crap.

But when it's held up ... OMG! You hate the poor! You want them to die! You hate our military and want them to die! And so it goes.

It's how the biz is done up there in the big house. All legal of course.

I never understood this process at all. If you want one passed you have to take whatever else is attached so it's about the sneakiest way to get paid.

Jude

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It's the best way to:

1.) Bring home the bacon so at re-election time you can show your constituents all the things you have done for them.

2.) Getting things passed that wouldn't ever pass if they had to go through an up or down vote on their own merit and the public actually knew about them.

3.) Making under the table deals to enrich yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Coward and traitor are the terms now being thrown into the ring. And by Vets just to be sure:

www.veteranstoday.com...

Jude

Complete BS propagated by someone pushing their own agenda I think.

www.politifact.com...

Really, we are going to bash prisoners of war now because it helps political aspirations or political support, etc? Thats really bad.

If someone has legitimate concerns with enough evidence to support it, by all means. Otherwise POWs are a subset of people that should just be left the #### alone.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

If someone has legitimate concerns with enough evidence to support it, by all means.

I don't remember the exact legislation, and I don't have time to look it up right now. If no one else posts it I'll dig it up.

But I remember a few years ago that McCain was opposed to legislation that provided educational funding for veterans. I remember that Jon Stewart did a segment on it where he asked, "Where did all these people get the idea that the military would help with veterans education?" Then he showed several clips where recruiting commercials advertised that after serving your hitch there would be money for going to college.

McCain's response was that helping people go to college after they got out would hurt retention. Since then, I haven't seen any recruiting commercials where money for college was a selling point.

That told me a lot about the character of John McCain. To be fair, I don't see him playing the vet card very often, but a man in his position with his clout could be doing a lot more for veterans than he has. If I were in his shoes, I'd have a weekly rant on the Senate floor about the state of our veterans hospitals and homeless veterans until I was satisfied that the government was doing all it should for those who have sacrificed for this country.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: jude11

www.veteranstoday.com...

Jude

Complete BS propagated by someone pushing their own agenda I think.

www.politifact.com...

Really, we are going to bash prisoners of war now because it helps political aspirations or political support, etc? Thats really bad.

If someone has legitimate concerns with enough evidence to support it, by all means. Otherwise POWs are a subset of people that should just be left the #### alone.

As I mentioned, I don't know for a fact because I wasn't there so how can I comment on what the facts may or may not be?

These are the people doing the commenting tho.

But the OP really is about 3 things:

1. McCain is as crooked as they come and is using an NDAA rider to push through his agenda with a land grab for a foreign company of which he benefits from.

2. These lands are the people's lands, their parks, streams etc. What gives him the right to sell it to anyone at all?

3. The vid is funny as hell.
and it should happen to Politicians more often.

Jude

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There weren't POWs left behind. It was all bull$$$$ because the government started classifying KIA soldiers as POW/MIA because it helped their agenda.

Not saying he wasn't part of it, or maybe covering it up later or keeping up the status quo, but, the reasoning the people are using here is false.

Read this article: www.newsweek.com...
edit on 19-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Also Im not commenting on the NDAA situation. I watched the video and read an article but didnt have much insight into it, I don't know enough about it. I can't tell if he was already in a meeting and the protestors just come out when he's leaving, thats what it appears to be. They make it sound like he tried to come down there and had to leave, but it doesnt appear as much? In either case I don't have much to say on that.

As for the other issue involving McCain, I don't think its right to call out someone on treason unless you have first hand evidence. Hearing something from a guy who knew a guy who's cousin was at the same camp as McCain is not nearly enough to put into question someone's stay in a POW camp.

Further on that issue I believe McCain was injured pretty badly when he was captured, he wasn't offered medical treatment at first, but because his dad was a high profile admiral the Viets ended up finding out who he was and wanted to hand him back as part of their propaganda strategy. Which McCain reportedly refused since the US military at the time [still do?] are supposed to refuse to be sent back unless its in the order they were captured. So as not to be used for the enemies own purposes.

edit on 19-8-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Same thing happens here in Australia with Aboriginal land and big mining business.

Bloody good on them for standing up to him. I'd stand arm in arm in solidarity with them if I were there.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

HE was also a possible collaborator so MAYBE he always was.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

let's not forget,McCain also got a good hand slapping for being involved in the Charles Keating land swapping/banking scandal!! He has a fetish for this type of thing.....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

he won't play the vet card??? No,not personally,maybe,but he heads the vet affairs and dod commitee's...And cuts benefits,pay raises,and funding,yet gets the vet of the year award??

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that,I say he IS a coward and a traitor. People in Az must be blind.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist
His name was Songbird give to him because he was telling all. After he was captured the north Vietnamese re positioned its SAMs and the losses increased. There is also the incident on the Forrestal carrier. His father was the top Admiral and ordered the cover up of the USS Liberty, All things considered Jane Fonda had some pictures taken sitting with the enemy and made some statements. Mcain made 32 films accusing America of bombing schools hospitals etc Was granted immunity for all by Nixon. Now he has clasified all records as national security held by Vietnam and nobody will see them. These are but a few well known snipets from his past, He is no hero and this stuff here is more proof who he represents, and puts israels interests above Americas and willing to send Americans to fight their wars.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My grandfather was a POW in WW2 and he would had been ashamed of this John mccain. Giving out intel leading to soldiers deaths? in WW2 he would had been shot for being a traitor. YEah he was a POW boo freaking hoo. That was in the past and just because they say he is a war hero dont make it so.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I wonder what would Patton would say to this lying traitor?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I wonder what would Patton would say to this lying traitor?

TWO WORDS....BLAM! BLAM!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join