It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love nothing more than intelligent and interesting good natured debate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hello all. My name is Sara and I signed up because I came across this site while reading about dreams. I'm in my early 30's and have found that my life is about getting closer to the God of my understanding as well as learning why we exist and what the purpose of it all is. For some reason, this seems to make me a strange person, although I find it strange to live your life mechanically oblivious, focusing only on the survival of everyday life. So I delve into that which can only be known to the individual who believes in their heart that things are one way or another.
I believe in other states of existence than the physical realm we knowingly exist in. I believe that the essence of what is us, our soul if you will, lives on after this physical shell expires. Sometimes we choose to come back as a new person, sometimes we don't. Sometimes we can't because we have "unfinished business" in our previous lives. I consider myself a Christian, but have many conflicting ideas about interpretation of the Bible.... Example: when Jesus refers to his father having many mansions, I believe he is referring to these different states of existence... Realms... Or dimensions. That being said, I believe God is a river with many wells, therefore Buhdism or any other religion is just as valid in my eyes as Christianity. More importantly is believing that our essence will live on and in one way or another have to answer for the way we lived in this life.
I'm a believer in the ancient alien theory... And yes if Aliens exist (and I find it obvious they do)they operate in this universe under the same laws of nature therefore the have the same God as we do, whether they are compassionate beings or not. I find it unlikely that a sentient civilization could thrive to the point of space travel without having had wars, disasters, and plagues all of which inspire compassion at least on earth... So it makes sense to assume they don't wish to medel in our progress as a species.
Hmmmmm there's lots of other theories and questions I have about the nature of reality and I long to both share those ideas and form new theories, so I look forward to this type of forum.
Thank you for reading and please comment so I can start threads soon! I'm so excited to be a part of this and I look forward to being an active participant!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Glad to have you and enjoy the forums! I have always loved a naughty librarian....it seems ATS has been needing one for a while....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Nice Intro. Hello and welcome to ya. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NaughtyLibrarian

Love nothing more than intelligent and interesting good natured debate.

Then I might suggest you avoid anything even remotely resembling politics, religion, high strangeness, the environment, and many other subjects that tend toward rancor, meanspiritedness, animosity, resentments and overt agendas....

Compassion, sympathy and respect is in short supply lately!!!
edit on 19-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Welcome and shhhhh...not!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi and welcome from me
Enjoyed reading your introduction and look forward to your future posts

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Welcome, lovely strange person! I agree wholeheartedly.

edit on 19-8-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Welcome NL There is wisdom to be shared on this site as well as just plain gobble de gook. And you know that old saying , one presons blah blah is another persons blah blah.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hey there, I'm a newbie also. Welcome. I am having a ton of fun on here - the perfect way to end my day.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19714630]NaughtyLibrarian[/post

Welcome and get ready for the ride, I am confused, I am Roman Catholic and what you said is confusing to me, how can you believe in God and believe in Aliens?

I once mixed the two in school and was sent to the fathers office to meet the yard stick, but now I don't practice the faith but do believe we are not alone.

So my question is God really an Alien?
edit on 19-8-2015 by 19KTankCommander because: messed up

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Nice introduction. See ya around the boards!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

True true!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thank you!!? I'll see you round too.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Interesting question. OK, first, your catholic right, so you believe what the Bible says about God creating the heavens and Earth. Meaning God created the whole universe.... Presumably with the big bang. So if there are other sentient beings out in the universe, then God must have created them aswell.
Now, ancient alien theory. Maybe the aliens that I believe came to earth in the past and may be monitering us now, tried to play God??? Maybe they found a primitive species evolving much like they did and decided to mess with our genes... To me this explains why so much of our brains potential goes unused. I don't know what their motivation would be... To help our species along the way... Maybe we are a race built for slavery, I don't know. What is it, the drake equation (i think) says there should be millions of civilizations in our universe. So I personally am sure that their is life out there. But its like with ghosts, enough people have seen and experienced things that there should be no question, but I think people are scared, so they say must have been your imagination or so and so is crazy. Does that answer your q?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SachaX

Thank you! I am enjoying it so far!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Thanks for the welcome post!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Thank you! I look forward to throwing some wild ideas out there!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Lol! Thank you so much for the welcome! I really look forward to putting some wild ideas out there.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thanks for the welcome!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks for the tip buddy! There's mindless idiots everywhere you go through yah know?? Thanks for the welcome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join