It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise! Multiple Investigations of Planned Parenthood Show No Wrong Doing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Would now be a good time to look at these laws and change them?

The laws are working as intended. Why should we change them?

What is the intent ??

And what benefit have we all seen from it ????

Still waiting on that one.

Is this a serious question? Or are you just being purposely obtuse?

How exactly fetal tissue is used for medicine

Fetal tissue has been used since the 1930s for vaccine development, and more recently to help advance stem cell research and treatments for degenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease. Researchers typically take tissue samples from a fetus that has been aborted (under conditions permitted by law) and grow cells from the tissue in Petri dishes.

Many of the uses of fetal tissue — and much of the debate — are not new. "It's just that the public is finding out about it," said Insoo Hyun, associate professor of bioethics at Case Western Reserve University.

In addition, the ways that fetal tissue are allowed to be obtained and used are not new either, Hyun said. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released guidelines on the topic in the 1990s.

Why are you "waiting" for an answer to the question anyways? If you were REALLY looking for an answer for to that question, you could just type "benefits of fetal tissue research" into Google and read the results. No one is trying to hide the answer to that question from you, except maybe your own confirmation biases.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Some will, yes. But there's two ways you can handle this situation. You can give them the hearings they want, even if its a dog and pony show, and shut down a good portion of it, or you can sit back, say 'sorry, you just have to believe what we say and deal with it' and let the anger fester on what is a very hot political issue.

The former would seem preferable, would it not?

I mean I'm not AGAINST an investigation. I said we should do one all the way back when the first video was released. Though by that same token, you should be willing to let the government investigate CMP for their law breaking once PP is cleared of any wrong doing.
edit on 21-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

wow, seriously, and you need us to point it out?... I forgot this is not a conspiracy theory website and certain people with money and influence can't make up anything...

Do you think that they would be so stupid as to ask large amounts of money? No, but can you tell us what is haggling to you, and why that woman was trying to haggle the "incentives" of human fetus parts?...

The morality of this nation and many people in this country, no, even the world has gone out the window when people don't see anything wrong with some corporate woman trying to haggle the use of human fetus body parts for research... But who cares right? there is plenty more where they come from...

I feel sorry for you, I truly do. So many people so lost and so confused...

edit on 21-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Let's try this again. If they are not "making profit" from human fetuses. Why is it that Dr. Gatter in the following video responds to the reporter "well, why don't you start by telling me what you are used to paying"?... That was her awnser to the question from the reporters who posed as buyers and asked her "what would you expect for intact tissue? What sort of compensation..."

But hey, I guess you will believe the BS the pr lady at the beginning of the video tells you...

edit on 21-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Let's try this again. If they are not "making profit" from human fetuses. Why is it that Dr. Gatter in the following video responds to the reporter "well, why don't you start by telling me what you are used to paying"?... That was her awnser to the question from the reporters who posed as buyers and asked her "what would you expect for intact tissue? What sort of compensation..."

But hey, I guess you will believe the BS the pr lady at the beginning of the video tells you…

Yah, haggling over 'donations' (lol).

Is she the one that wants someone to 'donate' a Lamborghini?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: vor78

Some will, yes. But there's two ways you can handle this situation. You can give them the hearings they want, even if its a dog and pony show, and shut down a good portion of it, or you can sit back, say 'sorry, you just have to believe what we say and deal with it' and let the anger fester on what is a very hot political issue.

The former would seem preferable, would it not?

I mean I'm not AGAINST an investigation. I said we should do one all the way back when the first video was released. Though by that same token, you should be willing to let the government investigate CMP for their law breaking once PP is cleared of any wrong doing.

I have absolutely no issue with that. If either side has broken laws, then they should face the legal consequences of such action.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's because she doesn't know what the actual costs are for facilitating the tissue donation. Apparently, no one has done a report, itemizing costs. She simply doesn't know what is a fair amount to make sure PP doesn't lose any money in the process. That's why she wants to know what they have been paying others. The ones doing the real "haggling" are the CMP people. And weirdly enough, they are the ones who keep trying to increase the amount offered - NOT the PP people.

That is my only complaint with PP. At the corporate level, they should have worked out what it costs them to facilitate this process - then tell the affiliate offices that they can't ask for more than " x " amount. That would make it so much easier on each affiliate, and would completely eliminate the chance of asking for too much.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Well at least one person is. Normally when I suggest that, people get all bent out of shape and pretend like I'm trying to distract from the issues or something.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Nope. I have my biases, but I think the rules have to apply to both sides equally.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Well I appreciate the level headedness. Too many. It's what I've been asking for from the beginning, but too many want to get their emotions so involved with the issue that level headedness goes out the window.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Xtrozero

If abortions are a money making business, someone is failing on the job, because the number of abortions keeps going down every year.

Lol really? That is your logic?

PP has had an average of 150,000 abortions per year since 1970, so far this year they are around 210,000, which is almost 1/3 of all abortion this year in the US.

So instead of 1.2 million average we are around 1 million this year and so by your logic all is good... what happens if next year we hit 1.3 million?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you have a link for your fuzzy math?

American women are having significantly fewer abortions than in the past. Since 2010, the Associated Press recently reported, the number of abortions nationwide has decreased by about 12 percent. This decline has been happening, slowly and steadily, for a quarter of a century: Since 1990, the rate of abortions has fallen by more than a third, and the raw number of abortions has fallen by more than half.
www.theatlantic.com...

MORE INFO
edit on 21-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So they've repealed that pesky law?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Do you have a link for your fuzzy math?

I'm not pro life BTW...

It seems people tend to just Google what aligns with their beliefs, if you feel everything is great then so be it, you will Google what only aligns with that belief and say that is the only facts out there.

All I did was look at a current calculator of abortions as it is this very minute... I'm trying to be realistic and not put the extremes of both sides of this debate into it.

Abortions Per Year

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Update...

Georgia: Department Of Public Health Finds Planned Parenthood "Complied With The Law." After a review into the state's abortion providers, the Georgia Department of Public Health "concluded an investigation" and found that Planned Parenthood and other clinics "are all complying with the law":

South Dakota: No "Evidence Of Illegal Activity" In South Dakota At Planned Parenthood Clinic. South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley determined that there was "no evidence of illegal activity" at the one Planned Parenthood clinic in the state:

Pennsylvania: "No Evidence" Of Wrongdoing By "Any Planned Parenthood" In Pennsylvania. As The Hill noted, Pennsylvania became the fifth state to find no wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood. Pennsylvania Secretary of Health Karen Murphy noted that the Pennsylvania state health department "has never found a violation of the Abortion Control Act provisions regarding the procurement or use of fetal tissue":

[Source]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join