It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encyclopedia of non american stealth planes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Not Viryaz but Vityaz. It means Winner. It is one of Mukhamedov concepts.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nobody has yet mentioned the BaE designs that came out a few years ago. They got to at least model testing before going black.

Second link below has a pic.

www.era.co.uk...
www.floydreport.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
Nobody has yet mentioned the BaE designs that came out a few years ago. They got to at least model testing before going black.

Second link below has a pic.

www.era.co.uk...
www.floydreport.com...

hey !!

i thought my previous post covered that.

and besides, concepts from england only half qualify for "NON-AMERICAN", get it

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by matej
It is one of Mukhamedov concepts.

what are those, you have more info on those ???

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Paperplane UK - it is a development of BAe and McDonnell Douglas tailless JSF. It does not went black but ended. There is very low chance that this will be the future weapon system of FOAS.

Stealth Spy - i am searching. There is a big chaos what is MiG V-2000, project I-2000, concept from Mukhamedov OKB and from where came Shafagh, because they all looks like the same.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by matej]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Paperplane UK - it is a development of BAe and McDonnell Douglas tailless JSF. It does not went black but ended. There is very low chance that this will be the future weapon system of FOAS.

Stealth Spy - i am searching. There is a big chaos what is MiG V-2000, project I-2000, concept from Mukhamedov OKB and from where came Shafagh, because they all looks like the same.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by matej]

That isn't what i heard

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Care to explain that remark? I feel slighted by it.

Paperplane UK - it is a development of BAe and McDonnell Douglas tailless JSF

No, it wasn't. 'Replica' was unrelated to JSF AND McDonnell Douglas. It was a joint project only in trhe sense that it was paid for by BAE Systems and the MoD. Both British anyway. It was in independant UK project to see how far you could take stealth without making a plane unaffordable. Objectives are all said to have been met and it is still part of the continuing FOAS study. It hasn't even been decided what form the FOAS will take yet (leaving it very late IMHO) so the final plane might look exactly the same (unlikely) or nothing like it at all, only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

No, it wasn't. 'Replica' was unrelated to JSF AND McDonnell Douglas. It was a joint project only in trhe sense that it was paid for by BAE Systems and the MoD. Both British anyway. It was in independant UK project to see how far you could take stealth without making a plane unaffordable. Objectives are all said to have been met and it is still part of the continuing FOAS study. It hasn't even been decided what form the FOAS will take yet (leaving it very late IMHO) so the final plane might look exactly the same (unlikely) or nothing like it at all, only time will tell.

But this is!!

[edit on 11-2-2005 by paperplane_uk]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

Care to explain that remark? I feel slighted by it.

a general perception ;especially after america dragged the UK into the iraq war. The A-380 has reduced the feeling slightly.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Everything is clear now. I-2000 has nothing in common with Mikoyan. Here is some info. I also changed the diagram pictures at the beginning of the topic.

In 1994-2000 the OKB 'Mukhamedov' design bureau carried out a separate research to find out what a 5th-generation combat aircraft should look like and what basic properties such an aircraft is going to have. The project has lead to the "Vityaz-2000" multifunction combat system. The aircraft can be of interest for russian, CIS and foreign markets, provided the international partnership and investment. Unlike the US JSF, Vityaz is aimed at markets in the CIS, Central Asia, Far East and Asia-Pacific region. Vityaz-2000 features a fundamentally new aerodynamic configuration, dubbed "integral", and allowing stable and controlled flights at extremely big angles of attack. Bureau President Fatidin Mukhamedov, D.Sc., said the company had been developing the "integral" configuration since 1985. Multiple aerodynamic tests of various versions testify to the fact that the configuration can be used for aircraft of various types. The company's first project was the "Evrasia-700" super capacity aircraft, unveiled in Le Bourget in 1993. In 1994, the "integral" configuration was granted the first patent. A year later, in Dubai, the TOO 'Evrasia' company (now OKB 'Mukhamedov') introduced a long-term "integral" configuration combat aircraft project.

The most important thing about the aircraft is that the 'integral' configuration provides high aerodynamic performance at low as well as high angles of attack due to the aircraft optimal planform, and specially developed flight structure with reciprocal-type components: wing panels, 'disk' centerwing section, wing extensions and their fuselage parts. The wing extensions and disk turbulent flow systems provide smooth, without rapid changes, association of the lift and longitudinal coefficients according to the angle of attack to compensate for wing panel stalling. The more the angle of attack, the more the center-wing section works, which, supported by swivel leading edge flaps, increases the angle of attack and smoothes the decreasing of the lift coefficient up to 50-60 degrees. The Vityaz aerodynamic configuration differs from the above ones by powerful lift force direct control elements - swivel wing panels, allowing separation of the trajectory and angular aircraft movements, that is to perform a pitching turn with no change of the lift force, improving the aircraft performance in combat. US developing teams tried to translate the idea into reality in the mid-70s in the AFTI project. The president of OKB "Mukhamedov" believes that 'from the a variety of aircraft characteristics, a developer first of all has to pick out critical ones, what actually an aircraft is made for, then necessary characteristics not interfering with the "critical" section, and auxiliary characteristics aimed only at improving the critical ones'. The critical characteristics of the Vityaz project are high maneuverability at supersonic speeds with the energy level maintained stable, high maneuverability at speeds characteristic of a short-time close combat, supermaneuverability including a controlled flight at a 60ś angle of attack and maneuvers at a more than 90ś angle of attack, take-off and landing characteristics enabling the aircraft to be based near the combat zone. The 'necessary characteristics' section incorporates decreased aircraft radar signature in the thermal and radar ranges, high combat and aircraft survivability. Vityaz auxiliary property is the lift force direct control system allowing engagement of ground targets at low altitudes and high speeds, as well as increasing the aircraft supermaneuverability and improving the takeoff-landing performance. The swivel wing panels with leading-edge flaps allows operation in the normal flow mode within the required fuselage orientation range. This provides a higher level of controllability in the supermaneuverability modes, elimination of an involuntary spin and entering the supermaneuverability mode at higher speeds. The wing panels at negative local angles temporally reduce the maximum wing load capacity and existing loads almost two-fold. Combined with an increased controllability, this gives the aircraft a possibility to maneuver not exceeding the permissible loads. The aircraft has a full-authority digital automatic control system with a thrust controlled engine nozzle included in the longitudinal and flight control systems. The above aerodynamic characteristics will ensure the aircraft's superiority in a short-time close combat, other things being equal. When backing up ground forces, the aircraft survivability is ensured by armour protection of the critical aircraft units (which is quite a problem for the aircraft type in question) as well as by the fact, that, provided low altitudes (less then 300m) and high speeds (more then 850 km/h), such an air target is rather hard to be engaged by enemy's ground AD forces. On the other hand, in such a flight mode the aircraft cannot effectively engage ground targets without special techniques and technologies. In the Vityaz-2000 project, the problem is solved though separation of the trajectory and angular aircraft directions by the means of the swivel wing panels. It enables Vityaz to kill surface targets in the low-altitude and low-speed mode. At an altitude of 300 m (the attack altitude is usually not less then 100m) and speed of 850 km/h, provided the detection range is 3 km, a conventional versions have no chance of effectively engaging ground targets. In that case, the engage time is less then one second with the minimum range of 1.5 km, while Vityaz-2000 parameters are 5 seconds and 600 m with the aircraft attacking from a more convenient angle. The effective use an aircraft is very much subject to the takeoff and landing performance. The Vityaz-2000 project incorporates a number of technologies to reduce the landing distance and improve the takeoff performance. Compared with the drag parachute technology, which requires all in all two seconds for the parachute to deploy and billow, the Vityaz breaking system is faster, reaching the level of the takeoff run load factor. Mutually enhancing each other, they make the landing distance equal to that of the take-off, reducing the rollout to the minimum. OKB Mukhamedov has patented a number of Vityaz-2000 takeoff and landing technologies. Another important feature of the 5th generation combat aircraft is the considerably reduced radar and infrared signature. The characteristic is vital for the aircraft combat effectiveness in a long-distance combat, undercover missions and engagement of ground targets, especially while neutralizing enemy radars. However, the OKB Mukhamedov experts are convinced the desire to by all means reduce the scattering cross-section will lead to a F-117-like aircraft, when it cannot be detected by an individual SHF radar, but on the other hand not able to accomplish combat tasks due to the aerodynamics, disfigured by stealth demands. That is why the Vityaz project has all reduced scattering cross-section technologies, including weapons systems located in the inner fuselage sections, except for technologies degrading the aerodynamic and flight characteristics. So, predictably the technologies of the Vityaz-2000 project can lead to a new-generation combat aircraft. OKB President Fatidin Mukhamedov emphasized, that "all nations across the world had been focused on the quality, not the quantity in upgrading the armed forces. Vityaz-2000 is sure far ahead of the competition according to the combat effectiveness parameters due to its aerodynamics, other things being equal."

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
thanks for the great post matej.u'll get my last vote for Way abovetopsecret. my other 2 votes went to rajkhalsa and waynos for the good work on the LCA thread

here's a link dated 2002.intersting ..

India's Fifth generation fighter aircraft on anvil

and another on russia-india
Russia woos India for

this one is a 2003 end article.

old but intresting.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
what about that picture of the iranian stealth aircraft prototype?

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
check matej's first post for a pic of the shafagh

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
mthe link i posted is not working, as the address is not properly put.

here is another try :

RUSSIA WOOS INDIA FOR STEALTH FIGHTER PROJECT
www.rediff.com...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Actually the "kitchen tiles" are typical Soviet-period airfield paving and the aircraft isn't 1.42. It's 1.44 - 1.42 was the overall project name, 1.44 is the actual aircraft
Oli

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Oops, sorry. didn't see there was more than one page and that the kitchen tiles thing had been sorted..
But I do have a few other comments:

Quote: Nobody has yet mentioned the BAe designs that came out a few years ago. They got to at least model testing before going black. Unquote.
Yeah right, like the UK government would pay for a project to go black. It was either dropped, given to the USA or turned over to a university

and

Quote: They also had a 'coating' designed from the outset to reduce their radar cross section. Germany had already started developing 'stealth matting' for the U-boat snorkel/radio masts.
These were the first true stealth aircraft made. Unquote.

The first stealth aircraft - biplanes covered in "cellulon" (sp), Europe and Russia, (check out Shavrov - Istoria Konstrutksi Samoletov v SSSR 19something onwards (can't find my copy) and, I think, Gunston and Butowski's Soviet X-Planes.The 229s were also in need of fly-by-wire

AFAIK the stealth coating on for snorkel mast was mostly IR stealthing due to British Intelligence misdirection over the reasons for us finding U-Boats relatively easily
Oli

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
good to see that this thread's been given the "boost upto to the top of the list"
status..

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Tim: The Northrop AFW (not Avion - it was the name of company) or Model 216 was not a real flying wing, because it had extensive tail surfaces. And if you want to use all history, Reimar and Walter Hortens built and flown theirs first (real) flying wing Ho-I in 1933. And what about ucrainian constructer Nieman with its flying wings KhAI in early 30s? The N-1M was built by Northrops company "Northrop Aircraft Co." (founded in 1939) and was first flown in July 1940. I could write only exactly the same:

Please check your facts before you make a claim!!!!!!!!!

www.hitechweb.szm.sk/flyingwing.htm

Daedalus3: I will post the pics of T-50 on Monday (I am not at home).

I'm Aware of that fact! Even though the Avion Model 1, (as it is listed in my sources) was not a "True" flying wing, it was an early step in the development of the Northrop Flying Wing. My point was that Jack Northrop was already working on the idea in the late 1920's. Remember, developing aircrafts take years! Even if the first "PURE" Northrop Flying Wing didn't fly until 1940, He had been working on the Idea for over a decade (almost 15 years)before the first flight of the Northrop Model 1 (N-1M) was ever built. Just because the N-1M flew in 1940, doesn't make him a copycat.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Moscow | May 24, 2005 1:42:45 PM IST

Moscow, May 24 : Indian President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Monday discussed with Russian officials the possibility of a collaboration in the production of fifth generation Sukhoi fighter aircraft and in the design and manufacture of a civilian aircraft.

Kalam discussed the matter with officials at the Sukhoi Design Bureau when he visited the facility on the outskirts of the city.

The model of collaboration, according to officials, would be the same as the one followed in the joint venture BrahMos missile project between India and Russia.

"Both sides will bring in their core competencies, technology and, of course, money," a senior Indian official said.

The official said that after the discussions at the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the matter is expected to figure during Kalam's meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin Tuesday.

The President had a one-hour engagement at the Sukhoi Design Bureau. Talking to the newsmen there, he said, "I was talking to the designers of Sukhoi that the best of the cooperation between the two countries is yet to come".

source

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join