It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is Thought...MIND your own damn business!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The format is fine...
The colour coding is awful.

& you should really take the constructive criticism or risk being ostracised for consistently unreadable content, therefore limiting yourself to a smaller audience.

He appeals to short people?

Isn't that offensive to dwarves? (or do we say midgets now?)

Does that make you feel big?
I've had it up to here with the insulting rhetoric from intellectual homunculus'...
You joke about it but the pygmies basically went extinct because of threads like this one.

When you say "had it up to here", exactly how high are you holding your hand?

Be careful, the answer might affect my level of upsetness.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The format is fine...
The colour coding is awful.

& you should really take the constructive criticism or risk being ostracised for consistently unreadable content, therefore limiting yourself to a smaller audience.

Isn't that offensive to dwarves? (or do we say midgets now?)

Does that make you feel big?
I've had it up to here with the insulting rhetoric from intellectual homunculus'...
You joke about it but the pygmies basically went extinct because of threads like this one.

When you say "had it up to here", exactly how high are you holding your hand?

Be careful, the answer might affect my level of upsetness.

At least someone caught that little joke.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

different hue of green...something more akin to Kelly green.

nevermind. sheesh!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Our words and the interpretation of our message is the only important issue in our interactions while trying to understand each other on ATS.
The OP sentiment is indicative of one who feels their visual image is as important as their words. It is not.
...but it is amusing to see a member try to dictate rules on comments in a thread they may have authored.
Unlucky, I am free to express my ridicule of such orders until or unless a mod steps in to tell me different.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: intrptr

That's a funny movie. I have the unrated version.

Bad Santa, a fly in the ointment of Political Correctness.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

"Persons of reduced stature". : )

edit on 8/19/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just remember, not everyone likes individuality. Many people love a herd mentality and are tribal as (insert cuss word of your choice). So they tend to dislike anything that looks, sounds, talks, or acts different from what they're used to. This is especially true of nitpicking & controlling people who believe they have the birthright to tell others how to act.

tl;dr Keep making your posts the way you want to. People will adjust or ignore them

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Your stance is the incorrect stance to take on the issue as a whole.

The written language is used as a means of communicating thoughts and ideas to others. We spend our young lives learning how to make that communication as effectual as possible, so that no misunderstanding arises - because getting our intended message across to others in a way they will understand is the point of communication as a whole; the written language just one medium of communication.

An understanding of your target audience is key in order to effectively communicate via the written word or any other communication medium - since it is they, your target audience, with whom you wish to communicate/convey a message to.

Example: If my audience only understands Russian, then I would not be communicating with them via the written language if I started typing English language words. I would simply be putting symbols and characters down which would effectively mean nothing to that audience. That would not be communication with my target audience, and therefore, a waste of my time if my intention was to communicate.

This is the same instance with the OP. If their intention is to communicate with ATS'ers as their target audience, then an understanding of how to effectively do so will be desired. Otherwise they are wasting their time, putting symbols down that their intended audience does not understand.

Now, in this case, the OP addressed that their intention with the written language is not as a means of communication with ATS members. They intend the written language as nothing more than symbols on a page for their own personal enjoyment rather than a means of communication.

Done. Conversation over. (Especially seeing that they don't want to communicate)

It is far from a herd mentality on our part however, it is the nature of communication. The responsibility of effectual communication lie not with the target audience, but with the one wishing to convey a message. The only responsibility (if it can be considered as such) of the target audience is feedback, allowing the person conveying the message insight into how well their message was understood. This feedback was given and summarily rejected in this case - leaving the only fault for ineffectual communication sitting squarely in the OP's court.

Individuality has its place, and can be most effectively communicated when the communication itself is clearly understood. Otherwise the only individuality you are communicating to your target audience is an unwillingness to communicate with anyone. Most would rather communicate/convey their unique qualities that are most important to them instead of only communicating an unwillingness to communicate - it's only logical.
edit on 20-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wish I had authored that reply

All though I do like to fly kites and can appreciate artistic expression through fonts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join