It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura To Trump: You Can’t Be A Benevolent Dictator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura had some choice words for the GOP frontrunner Donald Trump Tuesday, warning that he cannot expect to rule over the American people like he does his business employees.

Having expressed support for Trump’s no nonsense approach to campaigning, and even throwing his name in the ring for VP, Ventura displayed more caution in a CNN interview, and reminding Trump that being President is not akin to being the CEO of a corporation.

“He’s not the benevolent dictator, not like you are when you’re head of a corporation,” Ventura said, noting that as President Trump would not get away with throwing his power around like a boss.

“He has to understand that government is a system of checks and balances, and people have to work together and compromises have to happen.”

Ventura noted that he finds Trump appealing because he is able to fund his own campaign, rather than being beholden to lobbyists and big business.
www.prisonplanet.com...

It sounds like Ventura wants to be Trump's campaign manager. Maybe this is just a chance for Ventura to get some press but a private phone call or an email would do more good here than speaking out publicly like this if Ventura really wants Trump to win. I think Ventura's public comments on Trump are making both of them look bad.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Ventura is wrong...Trump is going to be in the White House like a BOSS firing every corrupt individual and bringing in his own best recruits to fix things.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ventura noted that he finds Trump appealing because he is able to fund his own campaign, rather than being beholden to lobbyists and big business.

Sure, he is able to, but he won't. Who in their right mind would spend upwards of a Billion dollars to get elected to a 250K per year job? Not a savvy business man, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

BOSS firing every corrupt individual

Then I guess he should start by vacating the white house himself

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Sure, he is able to, but he won't. Who in their right mind would spend upwards of a Billion dollars to get elected to a 250K per year job? Not a savvy business man, that's for sure.

When you spend up to a billion dollar to be prez...which is ridiculous...it actually shows the leverage (something Trump always is able to find) and power. When you have a lot of money, you have power...and when you have more people favoring you in polls, that replicates power.

Trump is a smart cookie, whether or not he will spend a billion depends on how he does in polls and whether he goes independent or not.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

Have fun collecting food stamps with your way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ventura's jumped the shark. Time to shake things up? This way? No thank you.

Take your dog and pony show back to reality TV. America's lost enough respect in the world already.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think Ventura is speaking nothing but the truth

I think Trump is way over his head.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Have fun collecting food stamps with your way of thinking.

how does that even make sense lol

I own my own business and am doing quite well thank you.

But have fun with your dictator/idiot Trump you keep promoting as a savior

Its funny how you think hes ay different from Obama, The only difference is donald is on the Right

Get a grip, do some research on him and then get a clue, hell half the crap he says admits that hes not even conservative and you people still keep cheering for him.

Or dont and continue to gobble up everything you hear on him like a good little sheep being led to slaughter

Baa baaa baaa, spoon feed me media, baaaa baaa baaaa
edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
He's right on both counts. The system won't let Trump be a dictator and he lacks the capacity for benevolence, anyway.

Trump's foundation began in 1987 and exists to donate money to other charities.

It has no staff, and its annual IRS filings have regularly listed Trump's average time spent on it as "minimal" or zero hours a week. The foundation has given out $3.6 million between 2011 and 2013, the most recent year in which its finances are available.

The overwhelming majority of its recent gifts have been made with other people's money.

LINK

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

Trump has the business knowledge to turn the economy around. A politician doesn't. So if you want another recession...by all means don't vote for Trump.

I have studied business for a long time and the mindset of a business person is different from that of a political pundit. Trump has to shake the administration up because so far the Bush & Obama admin totally screwed up the US economy and world view of what America stands for.

I think Americans are great but the Bush/Obama Presidents have totally screwed up over the last few years because they are not able to think what is best for the country. If Trump doesn't come in for Prez...you might as well face the NWO right now.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I haven't heard news about Ventura in a long time. I think taking a jab at Trump keeps Jesse in the spotlight so people don't forget about him or his shows. Didn't he mention that one day he may want to run for Prez?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

By the way, I run a successful business and every year I double customers and sales and staff. Don't know what your mindset is like but I run mine like Trump with tough policies and good deals. So far I am very satisfied with my leadership "and am doing quite well thank you" baa baa baa.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
He's right on both counts. The system won't let Trump be a dictator and he lacks the capacity for benevolence, anyway.

Trump may lack benevolence because he understands the value of saving the dollar with tough policies while political d-bags like Obama just freely give BILLIONS of dollars to people who want to destroy the world. THAT....I don't get.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

By the way, I run a successful business and every year I double customers and sales and staff. Don't know what your mindset is like but I run mine like Trump with tough policies and good deals. So far I am very satisfied with my leadership "and am doing quite well thank you" baa baa baa.

Well i run my own shops and i can feel the currancy war going on. I import a lot of my comodeties from the EU and the US.
And i feel the pressure building up because i have to reprice my goods compared the the New currancy value on the pounds, the euro and the dollar.

I live in Norway. Our wages dont actually compete in the same timeline as currancies devalue. I loose customers do to the New pricing. I have to reprice my goods....if not i wont have any Income on my stores.

I think it is odd that my customers dont understand why i have to make my items more expencive. Its like they dont understand the market at all.....?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Trump has the business knowledge to turn the economy around.

No he doesn't. Look at all the companies he has bankrupted not to mention being forced out of the CEO position by the banks that lent him money just shows he has very little business sense.

So if you want another recession...by all means don't vote for Trump.

A vote for Trump is a vote for another depression.

If Trump doesn't come in for Prez...you might as well face the NWO right now.

If anyone is a tool for the NWO it's Trump because he appeals to the simple minded who know nothing about how the government or the world works.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is out of his league and probably speaking from the wrong side of the border... I'm surprised CNN interviewed him, I guess they're trying to line up a kook with Trump, trying to make him look bad?.... that's not gonna work lol....

Nobody in the US wants Jesse Ventura in their corner, he'd do better running for Presidente de México!

edit on 19-8-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

No he doesn't. Look at all the companies he has bankrupted not to mention being forced out of the CEO position by the banks that lent him money just shows he has very little business sense.

So if you want another recession...by all means don't vote for Trump.

A vote for Trump is a vote for another depression.

If Trump doesn't come in for Prez...you might as well face the NWO right now.

If anyone is a tool for the NWO it's Trump because he appeals to the simple minded who know nothing about how the government or the world works.

It really dosent matter who the american Public vote for. The US is screw no matter what when it comes to trade. The US dollar will never loose value from now on. By value i mean it will never be weaker than it is to day. If you have to pay more dollar bills for an item it means the value of the dollar is less. ANd it actually means every other currancy is even weaker than that dollar.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Trump may lack benevolence because he understands the value of saving the dollar

Why he is what he is, is another conversation altogether. I'm more concerned people understand what he is.

I keep hearing about how he doesn't owe anyone anything.

So what?

What I'd like to hear is a little honest, sincere humility, that he's beholden to the American public if he wins.

He has no humility, sincere or otherwise. Obama doesn't either, that I can see. I'd like a little humility in my president.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Trump would not be the only one with his hands on the American "wheel". There are checks and balances that keep any one person or entity from becoming a dictator and doing whatever they want.

Trump has to work with others to get things done and so far he has shown that he is not interested in doing that. He will try to dictate from above and when that doesn't work, he will cry about no one listening.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join