It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami: We only care because it wasn't all just poor people that died...rich people died too!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Now Fred...don't exaggerate, after all 00PS still has both his ears.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I accept my warning, i lost my temper when i shouldnt have and i apologise to the mods for their involvement.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

He said when Tyson was in his prime.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

OOPs..... MODS look at all the insults I have got and look at me getting the warn THAT IS WRONG...

Gosh hmmm I think the best thing to stop this is to close the thread and then there will be no more insults!!!

See simple, So just say the word

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Yeah thats true but that was washed up Tyson

*puts on Homer Simpson voice * Mmmmmmmm Unwashed ear lobes.....

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
BBC coverage of the Bam Earthquake:

"Iran has turned down the US offer of a high-level humanitarian delegation to deliver earthquake relief."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Prince Charles has arrived in the Iranian city of Bam, which was devastated by an earthquake last year.
The trip marks the first visit to Iran by a British royal since the Queen Mother visited in 1975.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The UN has told international donors that the long-term rebuilding of the Iranian quake-hit city of Bam could cost up to $1 billion (�543 million).
The estimates, released in a UN report, were given to representatives from nearly 50 countries in Geneva.
The UN and the Red Cross had earlier appealed for $73m to help the quake victims over the next three months.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iran earthquake: How to help

Survivors are in desperate need of food and shelter
Global aid agencies have launched urgent appeals for donations to help those affected by the earthquake in Bam, Iran.
Tens of thousands of people are desperately in need of food, water and shelter following the devastating quake, the worst in the region for more than a decade.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies has launched an appeal for $42m to help an estimated 210,000 people through the winter months.
Online donations can be made via their website at www.ifrc.org. Iranian residents can contact their domestic Red Crescent branch through www.rcs.ir, while UK residents can donate via www.redcross.org.uk and US residents via www.redcross.org.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Helping the people of Bam

news.bbc.co.uk...

New aid appeal for quake-hit Bam

news.bbc.co.uk...

Earthquake donations top �200,000
More than �200,000 has been received by the Iranian embassy in London to help earthquake victims.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Papers probe US 'earthquake diplomacy'
"Some people have been excited about establishing relations with America.Witnessing such unrealistic reactions breaks the heart of a proud person who knows something about the tricks of the great Satan. Even if officials are in favour of establishing relations with America, they should not speak with such enthusiasm."
Jomhuri-ye Eslami (hardline)

"The walls of mistrust between the two governments are as formidable as ever. The current steps do not appear to be sufficient to pave the way for political dialogue. Time will tell whether the White House is serious in wanting a new beginning with Tehran."
Iran News

news.bbc.co.uk...

Starting from scratch in Bam

By Clare Murphy
BBC News Online

The US offers help, and the media devote column after column to analysing the significance of Iran's acceptance of Western aid to cope with the devastation wrought by the earthquake.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I could go on and post literally hundreds more pages. Just from the BBC.
Notice that last link as well? "The media devote column after column to analysing...Western Aid"?

Oops. It seems to me that you might have slept the couple of months that the Bam story broke. It certainly wasn't a story which escaped the media's attention. In fact, due to political implications there was probably far more media analysis than there has been so far in Asia. And that's even without the fact that Western tourists were involved and the media was able to respond far quicker than it could in Iran.
I would suggest that you are posting a personal opinion that is based on your own ignorance of the subject.
Just because you didn't see or can't remember the media coverage of Bam doesn't mean that it didn't exist or was any less plentiful than that regarding the Asian tsunami.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Now you're being insulting to me based on what you wrote:
"I believe I am only seeing this in the media in China because of the Rich people who have died."

I believe this needs to be closed. I believe this guy just tipped over my fun meter.

Mods: recommend closing.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hah, look at all of the whiners....insult me then ask to get it closed...well sorry but I don't think it should be closed, I just think members should be bound to the T&C no matter how hard people are kicking my arse!

Some people are comeing around to the point, at least 2 and thats enough to satisfy me...Weren't you keeping score FredT? Kinda getting happy over there seeing them 'bash the troll' in what you are thinking.

As for me I know the truth and see it and see at least 2 others agree with me. You can try your whole debunking methods you learned here, but the point is still the point and no one has disproved it, you have offered other ideas but the only people who have talked about the point are the 2 people who agree...

'You wouldn't even know about this if rich people hadn't died' - was the message in the beginning...but so many of you included yourselves in the 'you' that it's been so sidetracked....ok restatement... The majority of Western Fools wouldn't have known about this if rich people hadn't died...now if you arn't Western Fool you don't need to defend yourself from this comment and just agree with the point......thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thread Closed

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Some people are comeing around to the point, at least 2 and thats enough to satisfy me...Weren't you keeping score FredT? Kinda getting happy over there seeing them 'bash the troll' in what you are thinking.

Bash is way to soft, more like beating the troll. The score, ah yes, its about 50 to 0 counting your sympathy support.

As I said before 00ps take a look at the members who posted in this thread. Its a diverse lot that seldom agrees on anything here on ATS, but your thread managed to find common ground with all of them and despite our best efforts you seem to be at the best ignoring the message. Think about it and really look at the thread from an objective view.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join