It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami: We only care because it wasn't all just poor people that died...rich people died too!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Actually, I think Oops is getting quite a little message about his thoughts on this matter.

I still think this was a misquided attempt to generate some point as nobody is this ignorant. (I hope)

[edit on 12/30/04 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Oops, please do not support your conclusions that this is because of the rich with my statements. I do not support that conclusion at all. However, what I do recognise, that the media has had an influence on us.

There are many factors, and I concede to you, it is because westerners have died too. However, the major part of it, is because it has affected so many countries and has been so devestating.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Whatever...Fred you always think my posts are just to get points...I wish ATS didn't even have points, so there you go...

Everyone is always responding with emotions here and attacking me well go beat yourself!!! Don't involve me with your lame accusations and abuses...just because you are on the the side with most of the people doesn't make you right.

GO AHEAD MOMMA FEED THE TROLLS...What the F? What makes a troll these days? I'll tell you...hmmm someone that puts out a point that doesn't agree with the massess...OH MY F'ING GOD...THE DEPARTMENT of HOMELAND security works here at ATS too??

this is the last time I will state the point...and please if you don't have the intelligence to respond to the freaking point, then go somewhere else and beat off, but don't do it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If rich people didn't die in the thousands than we wouldn't
care about this natural disaster as we are caring about it now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes we would care about it, just like the other ones, throw some
money at poor people like it will help them and then forget about
them...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This disaster is different and is getting different attention by the media
and hence we are caring about it differently because RICH PEOPLE DIED

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Are you delusional?

I hope so. Because if he is mentally healthy and he
believes what he posted, it would be sad.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You know what I find really disturbing? Any time there's a disaster, genocide, or just a psychotic dictatorship and the US does nothing about it, they're condemned by the same people who condemn them for doing something about other issues. No matter what they do, Americans CANNOT be seen as doing good in so many people's eyes. I just find that kind of sad. There is a huge, world-wide outpouring of love right now, enjoy it, these moments are rare.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Excuse me, OOPS? Every single one here responded to your points. All you have done is make the same points many times, and each time you make them, you're getting your nibblets chewed. Haven't you stopped to think that maybe YOU are wrong in your view? One great thing about ATS is its ability to alter viewpoints. For most of us, that is.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You know, I can't see any of the drivel he's spouting because I clicked my happy button, but I want to point out that what insulted me so bad it made my belly button hurt is that - fine, if you've had your nose stuck in the dra-media and this is the feeling they've given you (I wouldn't know because I don't watch the crap) - you brought it to the wrong community! Because there has been nothing but a community focus here at ATS on the long-term catastrophe to the indigenous peoples' affected in this horror.

For Pete's sake one member - who if they want to identify themselves can, but I won't - even wrote a letter of complaint to CNN in reference to an inappropriate article that was focusing on the "celebrities" who had their vacations wrecked by this.

How much more does a community of people have to do before you start noticing that there is sincerity in their concern?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I haven't read all the responses, nor do I plan to....the title to this thread and post itself. is so outrageously devoid of any truth and/or intelligence it's unbelievable! For one......who says they are all rich? When I see posts like this that are so obviously un true...it makes me think the poster tried hard to think up something that would bother people a lot and raise his/her points.......which is very sad if true......actually, you should be ashamed of yourself....MHO here!

EDITED to add......It's usually best to ignore such topics and let them die out.....which I should of done but it p!ssed me off....which is what he wanted to do to begin with to generate points

[edit on 12/30/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ATS 18 or so Oops 0

whah whah whah

Edit: 19 to 0 (see below)

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm willing to take a warning and a deduction of points just to say how stupid and idiotic I think this post and it's author is.

do you really think I am taking in consideration the bank accounts or any other outlying factor in my decision to help and grieve for these poor people??? NO you f'ing idiot.

over 100,000 people, humans, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers and children have died in this tragedy. A tragedy not seen in most of our lifetimes. That is why we care, that is why we cry. You don't know me, you dont' know my pain or the causes I support, you don't know the number of donations over this past year that I have made to help my fellow man. To generalize like this is very dangerous and is the reason why so many problems are around, everyone generalizes and labels everything. You no longer see people for who they are, human just like yourself, you have become too accustomed to labels and sadly you will suffer for labeling your fellow man.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
ATS 18 or so Oops 0

whah whah whah

Actually Fred, 00ps is spelled with zeroes, not "O's". So the score is really ATS 18 00ps 00

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Actually Fred, 00ps is spelled with zeroes, not "O's". So the score is really ATS 18 00ps 00

Ah my bad ATS 19 00ps 00

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
All joking aside, I really hope that 00ps get the message here. I mean look at the list of people in this thread that were appalled by the comments. Its a diverse bunch of ATS'ers from all sides of the spectrum. That alone says something IMHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Only due to the fact that "rich" people were involved? Please tell me that you are being facetious. 100M people - a good many of the CHILDREN were killed.
My lord man - you have a very perverse outlook on things.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Rofl Intrepid

Ahh, this is the Other Current Events Forum, one of FredT's. Fred, the trash bin sent me an encoded message to relay to you. But 00ps, I seem to have lost it.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I would hope you find this in your heart~~~
We are all brothers and sisters ~~~
We all have to learn to share and love each other~~
We all live together on this planet ~~
And rich or poor everybody will suffer loseing something in our lives ~~
But bottom line we are all brothers and sisters no matter the color of us all And bless all of us to always help in some way ~~
So our children will see we did a good job while we were here ~~
Thanks for your time reading this ~~And being kind is always nice ~~

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
GOOD GOD!! What are you seriously...NO!.. wait you have to be!....
I can't believe people will stoop to these levels to get a couple of points!

What the!......
What makes you think they are all rich? If your family had been there and some unprintable desperado dishes such crap!...RICH! Tell me how could you make out who is rich and who isn't after a Tsunami has swept over ? Do you use something we call a brain! What makes you think we are like you people?
How dare you accuse us of being so shallow !
I am ashamed you are also a member of ATS! I hope you have the decency to apologize for this highly reprehensible thread and pathetic excuse for a thread!

Man..you should be lucky ATS doesn't ban you for this sort of, TOTAL IGNORANCE
I hope you are happy now! I didn't read all the posts but am sure everybody HATES YOU!

Wish you a Happy New Year -TROLL

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Whatever......

I got a war just because of this thread and yes it does look like I am losing but so what...

I never attacked anyone personally and in return I have been called delusional, ignornat, stupid and more...and none of them got warns...mod's and supermods can disagree with me, warn me and then joke about me having no support here and accuse me of seeking 'attention or point's...sounds like a bad high school to me

No one actually has responded to the point whoever said they did...

What a joke to see all of this nonsense everyone wrote here and I get a warn but who cares...and all of you who think I do this for points get smarter and admit it...in your developed country millions of people don't give a rat's butt about poor people or indigenous people...maybe you are all offended because you think I am talking about you but the world is bigger than ATS...wake up.

The point is THE WORLD would not be paying attention, especially the northern hemisphere, if rich people did not die...give it a rest, you know I am right...why fight.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think it is safe to say that less than 25% of the dead were "rich." This is getting more attention than the quake in Iran for a few reasons.

1. magnitude of the quake. the earth was knocked for a loop. the quake was felt on the opposite side of the planet. the rotation was changed and the axis was wobbled.
2. the tsunami's hit several countries, several time zones and more than 1 continent. this thing was massive in scope. reports say that the tsunami eventually hit the west coast of the us (tiny wave at this point).
3. the number of dead is staggering. that number will become much much larger.
4. the dead are from all points of the world. we haven't seen a global death list since 9/11. there are people wandering around looking for lost friends/relatives/loved ones. they are posting pictures and signs on the internet and in the villages, much like 9/11.
5. the media has mch more access to this and we are getting much more news coverage. had this kind of tragedy (death toll wise) happened in Iran, odds are our media wouldn't be able to cover it as well. nobody from iran is calling cnn with their story.
6. it happened over Christmas. It was a holiday weekend globally. there were thousands upon thousands of tourists flooding the regions.
7. freakish incident. earthquakes happen. tsunamis are rare and tsunamis of this magnitude are extremly rare, thus the added attention.

deaths are always tragic. the media makes them out to be more or less tragic by over or under covering the event. the fact that the story continues to unfold with new horrors on an almost hourly basis keeps us talking about it.

your comments that we don't care because the rich were killed is quite possibly the most ignorant, inane, stupid and callous comment I have heard all year. If there was a contest on the boards for dumbest post, I'd cast my vote for your opening post in this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And what did you contribute to this thread without even reading all the posts, do you even know what I am talking about? Thanks for being ignorant...

Originally posted by IAF101
GOOD GOD!! What are you seriously...NO!.. wait you have to be!....
I can't believe people will stoop to these levels to get a couple of points!

What the!......
What makes you think they are all rich? If your family had been there and some unprintable desperado dishes such crap!...RICH! Tell me how could you make out who is rich and who isn't after a Tsunami has swept over ? Do you use something we call a brain! What makes you think we are like you people?
How dare you accuse us of being so shallow !
I am ashamed you are also a member of ATS! I hope you have the decency to apologize for this highly reprehensible thread and pathetic excuse for a thread!

Man..you should be lucky ATS doesn't ban you for this sort of, TOTAL IGNORANCE
I hope you are happy now! I didn't read all the posts but am sure everybody HATES YOU!

Wish you a Happy New Year -TROLL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join