It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has one of the BLM organizers been lying about his race?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
According to an interview on MSNBC with Joy Reid she claims she talked to Shaun White and he stated to her that his Dad is not his biological father.

MSNBC Video

I am willing to bet this is complete BS. I can't wait for this story to go global....and I have NO doubt they will....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Seriously, I would take odds on this....who will win and who will lose? Is @ShaunKing white or black? Does it matter in the end?

Anywho...night all........

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
[SNIP]

This is another example of Breitbart and their slimey ilk, including many HERE, taking things too far. Who is on your birth certificate? Surprise...may not necessarily be your father. Duh, brainiacs.

And even beyone all this, why does it even matter what race he is or is not? No issue here. And none of anyone's business but the person's nd those he deals with in life directly.

Breitbart News, CNN, And Black Conservatives Fund Smear BLM Activist (Updated)

None of this has any bearing on whether or not Shaun King is a passionate and effective advocate for his cause, you understand. It's merely Breitbart's way of making sure he's distracted enough to take a time out and have to write about a part of his life that should be private. He's not an elected official, he's not a clergyman, and he's sure as hell not someone who should be subject to this kind of a smear.

For my entire life, I have held the cards of my complicated family history very close to my chest. I preferred to keep it that way and deeply resent that I have been forced to authenticate so many intimate details of my life to prove who I really am. This, in and of itself, is a form of violence. The same sources who falsely reported my family history—including Breitbart, the Daily Caller, and The Blaze—have also falsely reported that my wife and I were never in a brutal car accident, that I lied about how many kids we have (we have 5 now, but have had more/less because we've fostered, adopted, housed many of our nieces and nephews), that I lied about my race to get a scholarship from Oprah, that I lied about how many back surgeries I’ve had, and more. All of those things were completely and totally false, but have simply been ignored at my expense. I don’t know why this shocks me, but it does.

They dug up the man's birth certificate. Think about that. These fcks went to all the trouble to actually go and dig up a man's birth certificate so they could write a story about how that Black Lives Matter guy is a white fraud.

Race, love, hate, and me: A distinctly American story

Over the past 72 hours I have been attacked with lies by the conservative media, lies that have been picked up by the traditional media and spread further. I have kept silent at the advice of friends and mentors, but I will do so no longer.
The reports about my race, about my past, and about the pain I’ve endured are all lies. My mother is a senior citizen. I refuse to speak in detail about the nature of my mother’s past, or her sexual partners, and I am gravely embarrassed to even be saying this now, but I have been told for most of my life that the white man on my birth certificate is not my biological father and that my actual biological father is a light-skinned black man. My mother and I have discussed her affair. She was a young woman in a bad relationship and I have no judgment. This has been my lived reality for nearly 30 of my 35 years on earth. I am not ashamed of it, or of who I am—never that—but I was advised by my pastor nearly 20 years ago that this was not a mess of my doing and it was not my responsibility to fix it. All of my siblings and I have different parents. I'm actually not even sure how many siblings I have. It is horrifying to me that my most personal information, for the most nefarious reasons, has been forced out into the open and that my private past and pain have been used as jokes and fodder to discredit me and the greater movement for justice in America. I resent that lies have been reported as truth and that the obviously racist intentions of these attacks have been consistently downplayed at my expense and that of my family.

edit on 8/21/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/21/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

nothing new same old sh@@ he's been doing all along, deflecting. take the DNA test and it would all be settled.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Sorry...im not a fan of Breitbart....but Mr. Whites statements here are baloney.

He wants to spotlight until its inconvenient? Then he's morose enough to call it violence?

That's some real balls right there.

BLM is a race bait. Pure and simple. And he was called on his race bait.

Whats even worse, to me, is that it looks like he is throwing his mother under the bus here. "Well, none of us have the same dad here. Its an embarassing fact for my mom to admit...."
edit on 8/21/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

nothing new same old sh@@ he's been doing all along, deflecting. take the DNA test and it would all be settled.

Why should he?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry...im not a fan of Breitbart....but Mr. Whites statements here are baloney.

He wants to spotlight until its inconvenient? Then he's morose enough to call it violence?

Whats even worse, to me, is that it looks like he is throwing his mother under the bus here. "Well, none of us have the same dad here. Its an embarassing fact for my mom to admit...."

BLM is race bait because it has to do with race and a very real and serious issue in this country that some would love to conveniently deny. Okay.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

No one's denying it's an issue, we're denying that the root of the problem is a black prejudice thing and not something far greater. We're irritated because the BLM movement is a distraction and division from the real problem, that were we united behind we could actually do something about. All these little bull# sub causes of a single real cause does nothing but divide the strength needed to deal with the real cause, but whatever.

Addendum: It's just another way to split the people is all. United we stand, divided we fall. I think we've been divided long enough already.
edit on 8/21/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

BLM is race bait because it has to do with race and a very real and serious issue in this country that some would love to conveniently deny. Okay.

BLM is a race bait because:

- its not just black lives that matter, and there are plenty of latinos in this country that get screwed over
- more black lives are lost in intraracial violence than in any other form.

The words you tried to put in my mouth just didn't taste right, so i had to spit them out.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
According to an interview on MSNBC with Joy Reid she claims she talked to Shaun White and he stated to her that his Dad is not his biological father.

MSNBC Video

Possible. Again possible this is a hit piece. Beyond what he does in this movement , beyond media, etc a couple real problems may exist.

Just from one person to another I guess my question would be does the guy listed on the birth certificate know this? If so cool. If not did he spend time doing what fathers should do under false pretenses? Pretty hard pull to swallow. Don't know about family life, etc.

Here is where a real problem may exist. Because at some point some one some where will get the mom to talk. If he is white has he ever receive any benefits at the state or federal level filing fraudulent information? Small business loan, setting up charitable organization. Welfare based services? Don't know. Could be a criminal issue but I am no lawyer. Also does he currently work a job? Again don't know, was it obtained under false pretenses?. With the organization's he has been involved with did he ever secure funds from businesses or inidividuals under false pretenses? Could be some legal issues involved in all this.

Like I said, don't know, but people will investigating, someone will get mom to talk. If anything hits the front pages of one of the big 6 news organizations it's pretty much check mate at that point. We'll see ,unfair target? Repeat? If it's truely a hit piece though and he is a target of the racist right, why only him? As I understand it the leadership/organizers of blm have quite a few involved, why would he be the target?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join