It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has one of the BLM organizers been lying about his race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

what he is trying to say is. If a rich white man set up a scholarship for only whites everybody would be screaming Racism.

But it is ok for a rich black person to do what whites cannot do, and not be called racist for doing it.

But it is racist, she should offer scholarships for all races who are poor not just blacks.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yes I understand it was this strange language I didn't understand but it was clarified.

"Dat Okrah money beez juss fozum balack folk foo."

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Ironically, this proves there are privileges for not being white.

what is it?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Shaun KIng and Rachel Dolezal have done us all a huge favor although unintentionally. If we had true racial equality in the US there would be no reason for anyone to pretend to be another race. Both did so for personal attention and gain and apparently there's plenty of benefits to their scam.

When you have college scholarships, art shows, writing contests and job applications where the race you are actually makes a difference then we do not have racial equality. You can say it's about "Making up for the 300 years of slavery" or whatever but generational wealth belongs to such a tiny minority as to make the racial factor irrelevant. Today's young people grow up with little or nothing and start adult life like nearly all of us do - at the bottom. What happened 200 years ago doesn't affect them nor should it otherwise were just imposing one more injustice on people.

Both King and Dolezal may be getting hammered by the media but the financial gains made by their charade pretty much remain intact. I hope Oprah sues King for misrepresentation and fraud and pays back all that tuition money.

What really gets me is how he lied about being attacked and "gravely injured" by a large group of "redneck" white kids. It's precisely those kinds of stories that lend legitimacy to the idea of universally prevalent white racism. That's a long dead horse they keep beating and rings hollow in my ears. The Black Lives Matter movement is also predicated on the idea that blacks are treated differently by police than whites are yet the number of whites killed by police is nearly double that of blacks.

Racism is being kept alive by random incidents and hearsay stories falling on the ears of those all too willing to believe it's true. It's a tired routine shown over and over to usually be without basis. Duke Rape case? Tawana Brawley? Trayvon Martin? People believe these stories because it's what they want to believe.
edit on 19-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

he's white, does that makes him racist against white race, calling people rednecks and claiming racial injustice by whites?

I'm so confused.
or he pretended to be black and experienced racial biased, like that Indian man visiting family and mistakenly taken for a black person and is now paralyzed after a routine beating.

The Black Lives Matter movement is also predicated on the idea that blacks are treated differently by police than whites are yet the number of whites killed by police is nearly double that of blacks.

I want to see that source, and circumstances.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Since you asked:

As researchers are quick to point out, FBI data on police shootings by race is notoriously incomplete, which may explain why Peter Moskos, assistant professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice at the City University of New York, decided to use figures from the website Killed by Police.

Based on that data, Mr. Moskos reported that roughly 49 percent of those killed by officers from May 2013 to April 2015 were white, while 30 percent were black. He also found that 19 percent were Hispanic and 2 percent were Asian and other races.

This comes with a caveat - sorry to have to paraphrase but the page refuses to load - He adds that when violent crimes are broken down by the race the statistics actually show that Blacks are less likely to be killed by police than Whites.

www.washingtontimes.com...

edit on 19-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

did it show how many of the whites were at least 6 yrs/old or not armed, or didn't commit any crime , or was it shoutouts with criminals whom were white and ended up dead. did the report show comparison between excessive force use or not.
from that 49% how many were hardcore criminals, vs a man selling single cigarettes or behind in child support,

I'm not saying police killings are justified, or 'equal', but how many of those 49% death by LEOs were caught planting tazers on execution style murdered victims and got caught on camera, did they research those figures or was is it just a basic addition and division data research?

I'm sure their source of data outlines a lot of information on conditions of death right, like age, context etc. or was this just a General research on police killings (which is weird that 'police killings' is a 'thing' and we not only accept it but have 'data' on it.. .sad, but anyway)

He adds that when violent crimes are broken down by the race the statistics actually show that Blacks are less likely to be killed by police than

if you believe that then its pointless to argue otherwise.

its easier to fool some than it is to convince them they've been fooled.
edit on 19-8-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I love the part where it points out that

But PolitiFact gave his assertion a “half true” rating because whites make up 63 percent of the population, while blacks make up just 12 percent

so out of 12% of the populace 30% of shooting were black. lol, not funny but.... that's the only way I can absorb this 'fact'

and the rebuttal was

But PolitiFact did not take into account the percentage of those by race involved in violent crime or shootings of police, as Mr. Moskos did.

how much of an .. do you have to be to not read between the lines of the 'data' of this research

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Uh... he's pretty obviously bi-racial.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Uh...really? As a kid he is pretty obviously not:

and if you read the article that was linked his parents are obviously not, and if you read his tweets he continues to skirt that one question.....are both of your parents white....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If this is a proven story he's obviously not. At least not with two white parents. Guess we'll see

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

and if you read the article that was linked his parents are obviously not, and if you read his tweets he continues to skirt that one question.....are both of your parents white

Yeah... not buying it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Can you produce the obvious proof of this because everything else points to him being a fraudster.

Smh.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

and if you read the article that was linked his parents are obviously not, and if you read his tweets he continues to skirt that one question.....are both of your parents white

Yeah... not buying it.

Is that because it hasn't happened before? Because of the source? You refuse to? Again, I'm interested to see how it ends.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks like NY daily mail, daily kos, UK mail have picked it up. Have to see if a CNN or Fox or something does

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I was already moderately aware because I follow Shaun King on twitter. This is a twitter/blogger war of words and slander. There's dozens of 'conservative' bloggers that stalk and harass many of the most prominent BLM activists on Twitter, Face Book and other social media platforms.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

sure lets just pass it off, look no further than the pic

My my arent you out for truth

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I was already moderately aware because I follow Shaun King on twitter. This is a twitter/blogger war of words and slander. There's dozens of 'conservative' bloggers that stalk and harass many of the most prominent BLM activists on Twitter, Face Book and other social media platforms.

so its automatically NOT true?

Wouldnt you WANT people like this outed?

Seems to me your line of thinking is more part of the problem then the solution these people "claim" to want

edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Or it's 'Liberals' posing as 'Conservatives' to make them look bad.

They use all available tactics and deflections.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join