It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ClearChannelSucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
FCC Approves Further Consolidation of Corporate Media

In a further blow to the already stifled diversity of voices and opinions expressed in the mainstream media, the three Republicans on the Federal Communications Commission outvoted the two Democrats in approving new Broadcast Ownership Rules which will allow greater concentration of media ownership.
Reminiscent of the disgraceful deregulation of radio which allowed the "clear-channelization" of the radio airwaves, now the same corporation could control two television stations in the same market, and three in markets that already have a number of channels. The FCC also overturned the decades-old prohibition on a corporation owning both a newspaper and a television or radio station.

Is anyone familiar with this group?
I just ran across it a few min. ago and was wondering.

heres a Link

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I fail to see how this law regulated or held back clearchannel to begin with. It seesm this will also allow many of the liberal newpaper organizations to enter the radio market and compete with clearchannel while I also see it will allow clearchannel, if so desired, to enter the newspaper and TV markets as well. I do fail to see how this is an unfair advantage as liberal TV and Newspapers also have an opened opportunity to enter new markets as well. The thing about radio is, you have to give the public what they want to get the ratings, to get the sponsors, to get the money to show a profit. I'm always for less government regulation of commercial business.

posted on Jun, 9 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
most people have no idea what they want and will listen to whatever they are told
that is what make the new FCC regulations so dangerous, it severely limits in put of a local nature and gives it to a few vast powers like Clear Channel and Viacom etc...
from listening to Clear Channel it wreaks of of an Orwellian
NWO propaganda organ

tut tut

join