It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does most of the weird stuff happen in the USA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dear OP,
America, does often strides to be the greatest country in the world. Although it is not true, no matter they're hardest attempts to prove such. Most European country's have better benefits offered to their citizens, etc, etc. America is just known for strong-arming other country's. But I digress.... And being a born and raised American so it's sad to say. Our government has such a shady rap-sheet. It's no wonder why so much paranormal things are so rampant. I could list one thing to better my argument.
1: The Grenada Treaty. The basic agreement with, Extraterrestrials. The beings who where at the treaty, parted with was tech. Tech that scientist could use in order to advance ourselves. In short it help breach a generation gap. But in return the government allowed the begins to abduct a small margin of people of experimentation etc, etc. But they had to be returned. And well things made a spiral-downward some time after.
Some people often describe Cryptids as 'pets' or experiments gone wrong as they tinkered about. Thus these flawed creatures were dropped in several areas to conceal their existence. Put it this way. These aliens who met with the American government. They traded tech which possibly were mere child's play to them. When they were granted the access to take people, they had what they wanted. So now when they had their full and pleasure. Whatever poor soul they tinkered with, and stripped of their humanity and made to some horrible creature. They did return them back to their own country. As promised, so hence why there are so much activity just in america. Well that what i think is the answer....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

I'm sensing just a bit of sarcasm towards Americans. In general, the average American will dismiss the fact that UFO"s exist or heck, even ghosts exists. Sites like ATS is more towards those that like to think outside the box. Not every American believes in this type of stuff and it isn't a big topic as you make it sound to be.

If anything, I think other parts of the world have more folklore and tales due to their history and existence. The US is fairly young compared to older nations like Europe and South America.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think *most* of the weird phenomenon occurs in South America and Puerto Rico. In those countries, many citizens accept some cryptids as a fact of life. Many Puerto Rican farmers will tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the chupacabra is real. There are also many UFO sightings there and some even believe in an alien base.
So I don't think high strangeness is exclusive to the US. Here, most of us who have interest in such things, don't know if bigfoot/aliens/UFO's etc., are real or not and are thought to be a little wacky by other people. Everybody I know, with the exception of a very few, think I'm nuts for spending time wondering about such things. Most people I know never even think or consider that cryptids, aliens, and ghosts are real. They think such things are 100% fiction. In the other countries I mentioned, many people claim to KNOW such things exist and even fear them.

Maybe it seems to you that the weird stuff happens mostly in America because of Hollywood? Most shows, such as Finding Bigfoot, Ghost Hunters, UFO Hunters, etc., are made in America for the entertainment of the world. As a US citizen who does entertain the idea thought that aliens, ghosts and cryptids could be real, I think those shows are crap and don't prove anything except that they want good ratings but fail miserably. The people in the US who believe in the strange stuff we're discussing here are definitely in the minority. It isn't a big part of our lives or anything. I know most "abductees" are from the US and I'm not sure why that is, so maybe that's almost exclusive to us, but I think most of the weird stuff happens elsewhere.
edit on 8/19/2015 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Actually Mexico seems to be the biggest hot bed for UFO type of stuff. As others have said India and Africa have tons of claimed strangeness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join