It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds limit research on marijuana for medical use

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok...... I resent it after putting the capital O in your name maybe that's why it didn't go.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Yes, that is a legitimate claim and i personally agree %100. Cannabis should be first line treatment for nerve disorders like seizures, panic, and neuropathic pain. The problem is that it is commonly abused as a recreational drug, the most commonly abused for that matter, by a large percent. And that's why the government should not decide what is a "good" or"bad" medicine. Every persons situation and treatment options are different, there should be no laws against any medicine.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

It's a zero.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

ok I replied back to the message you sent you should have gotten that

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'll admit I didn't read the rest of the thread this time so my apologies if someone else mentioned these points. I'm juggling a few projects on my other computer so no time to read too much.

But here's the part you seem to be missing, in context of the OP. Real policymakers & bureaucrats already know marijuana isn't harmful. I'm not talking about their public statements, I mean factually. A simple look at the number of deaths caused by marijuana compared to something like Tylenol will prove that.

The "War on Drugs" is a pretext for power moves, plain and simple. It's not meant to prevent drug use or keep our streets clean. It was implemented just as racial integration started to be implemented in America, and it's not a coincidence that racial minorities are the ones hardest hit by its enforcement. It keeps us disenfranchised at a higher rate than non-minorities (cue Lee Atwater's speech about the purpose of the "Southern Strategy's" policies, which is to implement policies that affect us more than they affect the majority).

It's also a pretext for interventions in Latin America, particularly Central American countries. The Cold War is over, but our foreign policymakers still need a pretext to legally intervene in those countries' governments. Terrorism, famine, and disease don't work as pretexts there the way they do in the Middle East & Africa. So the "Drug War" is still useful as our excuse for mingling in their internal affairs.

The "Drug War" is also a major source of funding for law enforcement. A dramatic percentage of local law enforcement agencies would have major budget crises if the Drug War (and the programs affiliated with it) were to stop today. And this doesn't even touch on the police forces that have unofficial quotas. It's obviously easier for them to reach their quotas by giving out tickets to nonviolent drug users & by arresting nonviolent drug users than by going after wife beaters or abduction cases.

Another major but often overlooked point is that organized crime & real "black ops" organizations need these substances to stay illegal in order to prop up their profit margins. There are countless articles showing the links between our government & different organized crime groups (just as the British Empire had w/the opium industry). There are articles about the countless billions of cartel dollars funneled through our banking system; articles about the DEA & Sinoloa cartel working together; etc. The Iran-Contra scandal & it's less spoken of sister program, the CIA-Cocaine-Rick Ross scandal, are literally only the tip of the iceberg on this subject.

tl;dr Policymakers continue the "Drug War" to keep disenfranchising minorities at a higher rate than non-minorities, as a pretext to mingle in the internal affairs of one & a half continents, to keep domestic law enforcement budgets afloat, and to fund black ops groups that Congress won't fund. Marijuana is one of the major cash cow so they'll do everything they can to slow its legalization... Until they find something to replace it with.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one

No, marijuana is not addictive, no more so than food. I have seen lots of people go through physical pain and hallucinations trying to withdraw from other substances. In the 50's and 60's Jack Daniels, uppers, downers, was the choice. I saw my dad go through the DT's, seeing spiders coming out walls and stuff.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: real_one

No, marijuana is not addictive, no more so than food. I have seen lots of people go through physical pain and hallucinations trying to withdraw from other substances. In the 50's and 60's Jack Daniels, uppers, downers, was the choice. I saw my dad go through the DT's, seeing spiders coming out walls and stuff.

Processed sugar is another one. Years ago when I first became a vegetarian, I also tried to break my addiction to processed sugars. Major fail. I was getting migraines, nausea, cold sweats, shaking fits, and bursts of pure rage. It was absolutely horrible. And this is coming from someone who'd tried & quit marijuana, alcohol, and tobacco with no problems at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
They don't care about the people in general. How much it has proven to help, seizures, cancer, chronic pain, GI problems. I was born with vacterl association, imperforate anus being a part of that. My stomach doesn't work without a big push to do so, and obviously it has to in order to live. I have a colostomy now, had one as a baby and did a malone growing up. I have major stomach problems...and marijuana has helped tremendously, but I can't afford to go to jail with all my medical problems (not that i'd want to if I was healthy) and plan to save up money in order to move to Colorado, where getting a medical card should be easy for me and even without one it's still legal recreationally, like it should be.

We know, we have proof from many people who have used it to help multiple issues, that it has medical uses. That it can't kill you. Anything can be addictive and even if you get addicted to it (yes I know it's possible) it doesn't destroy your life generally like other drugs, meth, heroine etc..

If we could study it more who knows how much concrete evidence we could have, but as OP said, they don't want that. Corruption, propaganda and all that. It truly can help a lot of people, they just set up a lot of roadblocks for their own reasons.

I mean even in Colorado...the sky has not fallen. Life goes on perfectly fine. Chaos has not ensued. And they have a lot of money that can go to helping the state because of the taxes. It could help so much, it's just so frustrating when it comes to all the roadblocks.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Wickedjr89 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join