It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds limit research on marijuana for medical use

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Amazing! This gov't is either run by morons or corruption. Limited research? Yet lil heroin pills run rampant and that's just A Okay! Not like there's a heroin crisis in this country or anything, better limit research on that pot! I hear when black people smoke the pot they rape white women!
edit on 19-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What happened to the "Petition congress to remove Cannabis from schedule 1 thread" ??? I posted in it and went back to edit/add to my post and it was gone.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Well besides the conspiracy angle, I'm pretty sure that the Pharmaceutical lobby fights against marijuana because they can't control the source of distribution. Any bloke can grow a plant in his basement or garden to treat their ailments, and the big name pharmaceutical companies don't like that.

Just clarifying, the "conspiracy angle" I am referring to is the side effects. Which isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a fact.

Ever heard the words in pharma commercials saying "Side effects may include such and such"" ?

Here is a parody making fun of those

So, what I said was not a "conspiracy angle" because that is precisely what big pharma does regardless on whether or not it is intentional.

Here is an example of a commercial.

Their words, not mine.

Other than that, the rest on what you said about cannabis I agree with.
edit on th2015000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 19 Aug 2015 18:20:46 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 19 Aug 2015 18:20:46 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Well don't get me wrong. I don't think the pharmaceutical industry is all bad, so it's not like I want the entire industry to go away. Heck, I don't even want it to be crippled. There ARE some truly great medicines out there thanks to that industry, but like you highlighted, the pain killer medicines are getting out of hand. Especially since they are so addictive. It seems that the pharmaceutical industry has tapped into the same evil marketing scheme that made the tobacco industry so powerful. Exploiting highly addictive substances, and THAT is a huge problem.

Addiction only affects 10 percent of patients using 'painkilling drugs' and even then its a non life threatening treatable condition. Daily asprin use on the other hand or tylenol for that matter is not only ineffective(1 in ten get relief) but harmful to the kidneys stomach and liver.
Dont jump on the 'painkillers are bad' bandwagon just because you see it all over the news that kids are dying. There are people who need this medicine to live a comfortable life and they shouldnt be seen as junkies.
God made morphine as well as thc for us to use as medicine in this hell of a world not to worship like the junkie.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

o
edit on 19-8-2015 by Acidx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

That was mine, it got trashed because it's against the rules to start a thread soliciting for causes.

*shrug*

Rules are rules.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

The link to my actual petition is still on Page 3. Please sign it. Get your friends and family to sign it. Get them to pass it on. I don't care who you are or what your ideologies are....marijuana DOES have medicinal properties and has no business in the same category as heroin.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I actually already did sign it as soon as I saw the link I went there and signed it and I will have as many people as I can sign it as well thank you for taking the time to do that for us

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Penal-Indu$trial Complex

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Beyond all of this, the cannabis actually grown by the government (in Kentucky, I believe?) is absolute garbage. This is done deliberately to sabotage research into the positive effects of cannabis.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Cannaoil reduces cancer tumors by 60%. That's probably the main reason there's no REAL funding of the plant. Pharmaceutical companies can't lose control of their main money maker other than vaccines, and Marrywanna will single-highhandedly destroy multiple industries.

Earth is always right, no matter what.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Insane backwardsassed policies is to blame for the current government lateral thinking limitations which has led to a failed war of drugs

I don't have the feeling that they failed.. it's still a way to get allot of tax money for the war against drugs, I wonder if they really want this to stop ? As someone posted you can get it within twenty minutes . They just give us the feeling they still try to prevent drugs coming into the country .

Somehow I think legalise drugs and buying and consuming it on designated places so that it's controllable can win such wars. I its dangerous to say but this will otherwise never end.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

a reply to: SoulSurfer

Well besides the conspiracy angle, I'm pretty sure that the Pharmaceutical lobby fights against marijuana because they can't control the source of distribution. Any bloke can grow a plant in his basement or garden to treat their ailments, and the big name pharmaceutical companies don't like that.

Just clarifying, the "conspiracy angle" I am referring to is the side effects. Which isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a fact.

Actually what you described is a conspiracy theory. That the pharmaceutical industry is conspiring to create medication with side effects so that they can create more medicine to treat those side effects. It may or may not be true, but that is DEFINITELY conspiracy theory.

Ever heard the words in pharma commercials saying "Side effects may include such and such"" ?

I know side effects exist. Don't belittle my intelligence.

Here is a parody making fun of those

So, what I said was not a "conspiracy angle" because that is precisely what big pharma does regardless on whether or not it is intentional.

Here is an example of a commercial.

Their words, not mine.

Other than that, the rest on what you said about cannabis I agree with.

But if it isn't intentional then you can't blame the pharmaceutical industry for the existence of side effects or making additional medicines to treat those side effects. It's just the natural result of those chemicals interacting with our bodies.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Acidx

No god made morphine. Humans made morphine. What you are referring to is opium. And I don't know about you, but if I had a choice, I'd rather take marijuana over an opiate for painkilling.

Not to mention, I have no problem with people taking whatever drug they think may help them get through whatever problem they may be having (whether physical, mental, or emotional) as long as they can handle it. So if you want to take opiates for pain, I'm not going to call you a druggie or anything. But to ignore the very REAL possibility that the pharmaceutical industry is exploiting addictive substances to make more money is naive.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Morphine and codeine freebase are both extracted from opium, along with paparavine which also sends tumors into remission. God made opiate receptors in our brains and gave us an herb to activate them, just like cannabinoid receptors.
Opium in its natural form can cause seizures and dosages vary, not very practical if you have things to get done. Not saying opium is not used medically, it is FDA approved, only they remove certain opiates(not morphine and codeine).
Oxycodone is a product of one of those impurities, and it is better than either morphine or heroin for people who take their medicine as prescribed via swallowing a tablet. It was rolled out whenever morphine was getting bad press over dosages. A person who was prescribed oral morph tablets could crush one inject it and be dead in minutes, not to mention turning that into a street drug for profit. Oxy fixed that. Do you prefer fentynal for children?
I have a bigger problem with alcohol commercials during the superbowl! How many children see that?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

My apologies I did not intend to belittle your intelligence. That is why I said at the start about clarifying. Clarifying isn't necessarily belittling. Its simply clarifying the point I was trying to make.

But even if its not intentional from their part. The allegory with the mechanic still applies. Its not much about conspiracy though. If you notice, its mostly about greed I speak of. To ensure returning customers. Whether this is a conspiracy or not, it still falls under the lines of greed.

Point being, corporations do not care about us. They are apathetic for the large part and only care about how much more $ they make. You need to see big pharma as a big monopoly. (which should be illegal) No company should have control over the lives of people period. We should be able to excersize our choice via alternative medicines, and cannabis provides that alternative.

Think about it, if you were the owner of a large corporation with the focus on making money. Wouldn't you see cannabis as a threat to your empire? Considering cannabis can treat the following:

Acute Gastritis
Adenomyosis
Alzheimer’s
Amyloidosis
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Anaphylactic or Reaction
Angelman Syndrome
Anorexia
Arthritis
Arthropathy (Gout)
Asperger Disorder
Asthma
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
Autism
Back Pain
Bell's Palsy
Bipolar Disorder
Bruxism
Bulemia
Cachexia
Cancer
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cerebral Aneurysm
CFS
Chronic Pain
Cluster Headaches
CMT Disease
Colitis
Colitis/Ulcerative Colitis
Colon Diverticulitis
Crohn's disease
CVS
Cystic Fibrosis
Cystitis/Urethritis
Darier's Disease
Depression
Diabetes
Diarrhea
Dravet Syndrome
Dupuytren's Contracture
Dyspepsia
Dystonia
E. T.
Eczema
Ehlers Danlos
Emphysema
Endometriosis
Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder
Felty's syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Friedreich's Ataxia
GastroEsophgeal Reflux Disease
Glaucoma
Graves' disease
Hemophilia A
Henoch-Schonlein Purpura
Herpes
HIV / AIDS
Hydrocephalus
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Hyperventilation
HYPOGLYCEMIA-MMj Treatment
Incontinence
Inflammatory Bowel
Insomnia
Interstitial Pneumonia
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Limbic Rage Syndrome
Liver Disease
Lupus
Lyme Disease
Macular Degeneration
Marfan Syndrome-
mastocytosis
MD
Medical Marijuana as Pain Treatment for Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
Medical Marijuana Treatment for Addiction
Melorheostosis
Meniere's Disease
Menopausal Syndrome
Migraines
Motion Sickness
Movement Disorders
MRSA
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Muscle Spasm
Muscle Spasms
Myofascial Pain
Nausea
Nephritis
Neurodegenerative Disorders
Neurofibromatosis
Neuropathy
Nightmares
NPS
Osgood-Schlatter
Osteogenesis imperfecta
Palmar Hyperhydrosis
Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatitis
Panic Attacks
Panic Disorder
Pectus carinatum (Pigeon breast/chest)
Pemphigus
Peptic Ulcer
Peutz-Jehgers
Polyarteritis Nodosa
Polycythemia vera
Porphyria—Alternative Symptom Treatments
Post Concussion Syndrome
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
PPS-Post Polio Syndrome
Prostate Cancer
Pruritus
Psoriasis
Pylorospasm reflux
Radiation Therapy
Raynaud's phenomenon
Reactive Arthritis
RLS-MMj Treats Symptoms
SAD
Schizophrenia(s)
Scleroderma
Scoliosis
Selectivemutism
Shingles
Sinusitis
Sjogren's Syndrome
Sleep Apnea
Spina Bifida and Medical Marijuana
Sturge-Weber
Syringomyelia
Tenosynovitis
Testicular Cancer
Testicular Torsion
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Tic Douloureux
Tietze’s Syndrome
Tinnitus
Tourette Syndrome and Cannabinoids
TTM
Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Source: Medicinal Uses Cannabis
Other sources: 700 Uses for Medicinal Cannabis

That is one mighty big list... is it any wonder why it is illegal?

This at least you can agree on. Though my sources tells me there is a more sinister plan, but for the sake of not arguing, I will leave that part out and focus on what is provable instead.

Monopolies do happen, it happened with Microsoft and bill gates. The FDA and big pharma is no different.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

It belongs there because it is the most widely abused medicine on the planet. They schedule not based purely on medical benefit but also abuse potential. The fact that you can plant a seed and have a drug in 3 months adds to this potential.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

those already aware of its many benefits dont need a study. Only spoonfed ignorants need confirmations. If you are of those that are waiting for "scientism" to confirm what has been known all along then you deserve what you're getting.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Acidx

Morphine and codeine freebase are both extracted from opium, along with paparavine which also sends tumors into remission. God made opiate receptors in our brains and gave us an herb to activate them, just like cannabinoid receptors.
Opium in its natural form can cause seizures and dosages vary, not very practical if you have things to get done. Not saying opium is not used medically, it is FDA approved, only they remove certain opiates(not morphine and codeine).
Oxycodone is a product of one of those impurities, and it is better than either morphine or heroin for people who take their medicine as prescribed via swallowing a tablet. It was rolled out whenever morphine was getting bad press over dosages. A person who was prescribed oral morph tablets could crush one inject it and be dead in minutes, not to mention turning that into a street drug for profit. Oxy fixed that. Do you prefer fentynal for children?
I have a bigger problem with alcohol commercials during the superbowl! How many children see that?

Oxycodone eh.....You know the 10/325 what that means? You are talking about taking tylenol daily will effect your liver and stomach and the oxycodone you may be speaking of is 15mg or 30mg etc....But that doesn't dismiss the fact that the same drug is given with tylenol included in the pill...

I have been on painkillers for years and I AM speaking from experience, so please don't tell me because of what I heard on the news, bla, bla, bla.....

I stopped taking them 3 weeks ago today.....My doctor had me on 10 pills a day of oxycodone 30mg....3 pills a day (2 in the morning and 1 at night) of 40mg oxycontin.....I quit taking them and am surviving but I am stronger minded than most! Not saying the first week wasn't an absolute disaster just stopping but I felt that was the best thing for me!

Most would be on suboxen or methadone for the rest of their lives.....Don't talk like these pills aren't addictive or rule people's lives without knowing...I KNOW....PERSONALLY!!!!

If weed is used for treating chronic pain and helps millions, WHY NOT??? It is much less addictive than the pill family, not saying to get stoned 24 hours a day but a few hits takes the pain away, I personally am all about it!

The nonsense about pain patches for kids as well? That was just a joke of a statement, there are many less addictive non hardcore drugs that kids can take...So please stop that nonsense talk as well!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Acidx

MJ has medicinal benefits. Period. If you think otherwise, then congratulations you're so friggin healthy you've never had to turn to substances just to get by day to day. The criteria for schedule 1 is that it has no benefits. But no one can study it to prove the benefits because it's schedule 1.

Personally I think MJ should be free and clear legal. BUT if I HAD to pick a schedule to put it under...based on DEA criteria, I would say schedule 3 or 4:

Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:

Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone

Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:

Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien, Tramadol

Schedule 2 includes coc aine...so, no, MJ shouldn't be in that category.

Source

And if you want to call 'use' abuse, then fine. But remember...no one has ever overdosed from MJ. Ever. In the history of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join