It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juice Plus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Does anyone here take Juice Plus or has heard of it? My girlfriend is taking it and is convinced it is helping her but I am sceptical. Although they have clinical research stating the benefits the company actually funds its own research. When a company funds its own research arent the researchers under pressure to manufacture positive results?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hi - yes I started the Juice plus eating plan 8 weeks ago now. I'm using it to loose weight and so far in 8 weeks I have lost 1 and a half stone. I'm feeling so much healthier and more energetic already. I did a 2 week detox prior to starting the JP plan in which I cut out sugar, gluten, most dairy and processed foods completely and obviously this continues through plan where I have 2 JP smoothies a day and a 'clean meal'plus snacks. I've rarely felt hungry and have not had a migraine since starting plan (used to get severe migraines every 2-3 weeks) .

The main idea is that all your nutritional needs are met through the JP products plus all the benefits of quitting gluten, dairy sugar etc. This helps to prevent cravings etc.
I had serious doubts before starting the plan but very soon began to benefit from it.
I don't know about the firm funding its own research etc, all I know is it's working amazingly for me and I don't intend to go back to how I used to eat even when I've lost the weight I need to! For me and many others I've heard of, it's a lifestyle change and not one I can see myself giving up! Believe me, I'm even surprised at myself for saying that!

Just want to clarify I'm only a user of the JP products, I have absolutely no business interest in JP!
Hope that helps! X

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lovely1973

Is it possible that cutting out

sugar, gluten, most dairy and processed foods completely

...is why you've lost weight?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marcus069
Does anyone here take Juice Plus or has heard of it? My girlfriend is taking it and is convinced it is helping her but I am sceptical. Although they have clinical research stating the benefits the company actually funds its own research. When a company funds its own research arent the researchers under pressure to manufacture positive results?

You can take that one of two ways about the research.

Yes, they want positive results, but if they are serious about their reputation and product, then they are looking for positive results in the right way. By that I mean they aren't going to ignore negatives and sweep them under the rug for the sake of pushing out the good stuff.

You can't betray your customers and still expect to stay in business.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Marcus069

You can take that one of two ways about the research.

Yes, they want positive results, but if they are serious about their reputation and product, then they are looking for positive results in the right way. By that I mean they aren't going to ignore negatives and sweep them under the rug for the sake of pushing out the good stuff.

You can't betray your customers and still expect to stay in business.

But would the researcher even publish any negative results if they came across any? Even if they did I am sure Juice Plus would never mention any negative results - wouldnt they just be cherry picking only the positive?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lovely1973
Hi - yes I started the Juice plus eating plan 8 weeks ago now. I'm using it to loose weight and so far in 8 weeks I have lost 1 and a half stone. I'm feeling so much healthier and more energetic already. I did a 2 week detox prior to starting the JP plan in which I cut out sugar, gluten, most dairy and processed foods completely and obviously this continues through plan where I have 2 JP smoothies a day and a 'clean meal'plus snacks. I've rarely felt hungry and have not had a migraine since starting plan (used to get severe migraines every 2-3 weeks) .

The main idea is that all your nutritional needs are met through the JP products plus all the benefits of quitting gluten, dairy sugar etc. This helps to prevent cravings etc.
I had serious doubts before starting the plan but very soon began to benefit from it.
I don't know about the firm funding its own research etc, all I know is it's working amazingly for me and I don't intend to go back to how I used to eat even when I've lost the weight I need to! For me and many others I've heard of, it's a lifestyle change and not one I can see myself giving up! Believe me, I'm even surprised at myself for saying that!

Just want to clarify I'm only a user of the JP products, I have absolutely no business interest in JP!
Hope that helps! X

But seeing the firm fund its own research doesnt that raise a few eyebrows for you? And I never knew it could be used for weight loss.

top topics

join