It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's What Jesse Ventura Thinks About Donald Trump's New Immigration Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've been making headlines as of late for throwing my support behind Trump because The Donald's been shaking the two-party system in this country. But I don't agree with Donald Trump on every issue. Here's what I think about Trump's new immigration plan.

Agree or disagree with me?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't think a wall will do any good really. Just enforce existing immigration laws, stop the jobs and freebies and anchor babies and we won't have such huge problems.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well I don't know if I agree or disagree because you haven't shared your opinion.
& I don't watch videos.

What I can say is that your recent support of The Big Wig has seen me unsubscribe to your brand of Kool Aid my friend.
The respect remains, but the support is waning.

I can't expect to agree with someone on everything, but ethically...
Supporting The Big Wig harms your support base.

Building a wall is what Communists and Tyrants do...
Hopefully in your video, you agree!
edit on 18-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Jesse, you're following the law by coming in through the checkpoint. Just do what the illegals do and you won't have those problems. Maybe if we start making Mexico financially responsible for the illegals that come through there, they may be more apt to take charge of the situation from their side. We can not enter into Mexico illegally without being thrown in jail. But they want it to be OK here. That doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Jesse..we are in the midst of an invasion.
there is a reason they are called "illegal", it means not legal.
perhaps someone should step forward and ENFORCE the existing laws instead of side stepping them.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Jesse do you have walls around your house

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: oonkala
Jesse, you're following the law by coming in through the checkpoint. Just do what the illegals do and you won't have those problems. Maybe if we start making Mexico financially responsible for the illegals that come through there, they may be more apt to take charge of the situation from their side. We can not enter into Mexico illegally without being thrown in jail. But they want it to be OK here. That doesn't make sense to me.

Im all for immigration restrictions and enforcement of immigration and visas. That said, why would we charge mexico for illegal immigrants or spend money building a useless wall? They arent charging us for the drug war destruction of Mexico our governments policies have caused.

Mexico isnt the problem as much as we are. And i dont mean that in some ridiculous neo-liberal way. I mean our policies of immigration enforcement (lack of) and prohibition are literally the problem.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

we have one hell of a broken immigration policy...

The wall seems to gain traction..

in any case... We have on hell of a broken immigration policy..

Let us adopt the Russian policy perhaps..

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
our Fed Govt is pathetic!! it wont uphold existing laws.
it simply makes up the rules as it goes.
i think its time for states rights to shine again.
if the Fed wont act, im sure the states will!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I don't think a wall will do any good really. Just enforce existing immigration laws, stop the jobs and freebies and anchor babies and we won't have such huge problems.

Illegal immigration is a priority that has been shuffled aside, laws disregarded, and at worst enabled by our elected officials. In just two sentences you've provided a game plan which would drastically reduce the effects of this albatross.
Kudos to a great post!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I agree with a lot of what you said. And no I don't agree with the war on drugs. We need to enforce our own policies, and stop the handouts. But, Mexico still has a hand in it. Mexico has allowed trains of people to come this way, knowing they are going to be illegally crossing. They have shot at our border patrol. The president of Mexico himself has said he wants to make it easier for them to get documents making it harder for us to deport them. Both countries have boogers on their fingers here.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's as simple as putting all of the nice white owners of Meat packing facilities or landscaping companies in federal ass-pounding prison instead of letting them cut checks when caught hiring illegals.

Until we punish those who hire them and benefit from slave wages, we have no right in punishing people for sneaking here for a better life.

A snake doesn't have legs but it does have a head.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hmm I was responding to Night Star/ Charlie too.... I'll just edit this in. Jesse as usual I don't expect a reply. Hit and run. You casa in Mexico don't you?
I'll just put this here.

www.newyorker.com...

Build a wall. And they will come...... just under. Yep, word has it. The tunnel cost 5 Million.... have money will escape, you can't stop a VERY determined individual...

This guy caused the coining of "El Chapo'd" .. I got a tickle out of this. I'm fascinated by perseverance....

Just annex Mexico. They do all or work anyhow. Just make it official.

In my medical career. I delivered countless border running birth. It's like expecting moms hit Tijuana, labor sets in.... and it's DRIVE NORTH AND FAST.. I-80 was was renamed El birtho highway. St. Mary's ER was the best right off of i-80. I don't recommend this, it really ruins the upholstery and I never got gloves in time. Seattle seem to get hit a lot as well.

I agree with you. A wall is no good..
Personally I love my Latin neighbors. Growing up in SoCal ( sapulveda/Mira Loma ) I had friends of Hispanic origin. Family, family was a very big deal. Armondo Muniz....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

He was my neighbor. His son Bobby was my best friend. Yes he was here legally. But good god he was a father to me. He got me involved in sports. Soccer and baseball.
Let them have freedom to go back and forth. Prohibition, take it away. The situation gets worse. Make it available, and the interest goes down.

It's late and I'm rambling.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2015 by Bigburgh because: so many tired typo's.... hmmmm sleeeeeeeep

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Appreciate the honesty. See my post for the snake-head analogy. The people seeking a better life aren't to blame. The people hiring them are. It's the issue no one wants to talk about when dealing with this.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Yes good point. Nevada was a Right To Work state. So heads turned the other way when it comes to hiring employees. These folks work very hard for less than minimum wage. Just wish they would keep the money here. $500.00 per 2 weeks work goes a long way when sent back home to Mexico.

A wall can't prevent that. I don't know how to solve this. I know that there is a very big misconception that Mexico is lazy. Not true. They break their backs for hard labor at $4 dollars an hour. Even now here in Pittsburgh PA, I can drive buy a Manpower employment center. And Latinos are ready to go. Everyone else is picky and choosy.

Trump does not seem to get that there is a work force here. Hate to say it. But it seems like Americans gave up. Yes there are some that care still. But all I ever hear is talk of Starbucks misspelling names... not the fact that it cost 7 dollars for a cup of frapicino on a welfare budget.

Priorities priorities.... till we solve our own problems. Till then we can figure a feasible plan about border control.

What a mess we have....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
a reply to: Bigburgh

Appreciate the honesty. See my post for the snake-head analogy. The people seeking a better life aren't to blame. The people hiring them are. It's the issue no one wants to talk about when dealing with this.

Is this what you tell to those that followed immigration laws? It's a slap in the face to those that jumped through all the hoops, spent savings on the process, and waited sometimes years--all for the chance at a better life. Legally.

The people seeking a better life from outside our borders cannot be blamed for wanting a better life in this country, but certainly hold responsibility for violating laws entering illegally. Companies that knowingly hire illegal aliens should be held to the fullest extent of the law. A handful of close relatives that endured the process share this viewpoint, as they share the last two letters of my surname--EZ.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

That's your issue. 'Merica great melting pot and what not.
My point stands. Those that hire illegals should go to ass pounding prison. No fines, no slap on the wrist. Ass pounding prison.

Really don't see your issue with what I've said since you're all legal. It seems we agree. So where is the slap in the face?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

The slap in the face results from absolving those that chose to enter the country illegally of blame for their actions. There are lots of things I want, but won't break the law to get them. Others share a similar stance:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
heritageaction.com...
americasright.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Mexico isnt the problem as much as we are. And i dont mean that in some ridiculous neo-liberal way. I mean our policies of immigration enforcement (lack of) and prohibition are literally the problem.

Hear, hear ...

I reported an issue a few weeks back, concerning illegal immigration ... and you know what, nothing was done and more to the point, the smugglers got tipped off.

This is a trillion dollar industry here in Europe ... you think the "law making citizens" aren't ensuring their share?

Think again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join