It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can Geoengineering put the freeze on global warming?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
USA today article published on Feburary 25th, 2011 that I remember reading that very day. I wish I had saved that front page.

USA Today front page article from Feb 25, 2011

I had been observing the spray planes for a little over a year, I remember I first noticed them right around December 10th, 2010. I was a weather/climate major at the time at the University of Memphis in TN, and I had been for a couple of years. I love the sun, and I always sat in the sun and watched the sky every day. From what I understand this has been going on for a couple of decades, but for me, it went on like the flip of a switch, in December of 2010. I am thinking that was the start of a whole new phase of the operation. When I started noticing these planes, I watched them with binoculars and noticed funny things like no markings, no windows, all white, huge aircraft that had very different flight patterns than the normal traffic I was used to seeing from Memphis International. They also flew much slower and there was never just one of them, they always fly in pairs with one plane being pretty far behind the other, and then another two will run perpendicular to the first pair, creating that classic "tic tac toe" pattern. Throughout the day I would watch as these lines spread out and descended and eventually that "tic tac toe" pattern would form an entire blanket of overcast spray, completely from the planes.

From the article:

•Cloud engineering. Painting rooftops white, genetically engineering crops to have shinier surfaces, and floating blocks of white Styrofoam in the oceans are all proposals to mimic the effects of clouds, whose white surfaces reflect sunlight. Pumping sea salt into the sky from thousands of "spray ships" could increase clouds themselves. Cost-effectiveness aside, such cloud-seeding might end up dumping rain on the ocean or already soggy regions, instead of where it's needed.

Replace "sea salt" with aluminum oxide and suddenly the article becomes a little more accurate. You can add barium and strontium as well. The logic (according to the scientists) is that we can create these massive blankets of powdered metal in our atmosphere that reflect sunlight to cool the planet and help "combat Global Warming," like it is some kind of battle. These blankets of powdered metal just so happen to resemble a natural overcast to most ignorant people. Please understand that this is nothing more than a profit oriented campaign involving Geoengineering and Bioengineering companies like Monsanto, who have actually patented GMO seeds that are resistant to aluminum and other metals. So, do your own research, connect the dots.

Remember we are all one organism named Earth so there is no point in squabbling over these things. My opinions and your opinions do not matter to facts. The important thing is that we all work together to figure out exactly what is going on, so that if there does happen to be some crimes against humanity taking place, a large number of people will be able to come together and hold accountable the corporations behind this "Geoengineering" operation.

This was my first thread, thank you for reading.
edit on 18-8-2015 by AnahataN because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Replace "sea salt" with "aluminium oxide" and suddenly the system doesn't actually work any more.

there - fixed that for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnahataN
I was a weather/climate major at the time at the University of Memphis in TN

Given the content of the rest of your post, I'm going to take 'Things That Never Happened' for 500

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AnahataN

I really do wish more people were willing to discuss geo-engineering in it's proper context. But unfortunately, there are always people who take what is already there, and they make up lies about the rest to fit their agenda. Like you just did.

If you really do look into geo-engineering, you find that all the thinks you listed in your paragraph are ground based ideas, except for cloud seeding, and that is either ground based or low altitude. The real subject you should have mentioned (and likely discussed many times in your weather class that you claim to have taken) is SRM.
www.technologyreview.com...

Here is the plan. Customize several Gulfstream business jets with military engines and with equipment to produce and disperse fine droplets of sulfuric acid. Fly the jets up around 20 kilometers—significantly higher than the cruising altitude for a commercial jetliner but still well within their range. At that altitude in the tropics, the aircraft are in the lower stratosphere. The planes spray the sulfuric acid, carefully controlling the rate of its release. The sulfur combines with water vapor to form sulfate aerosols, fine particles less than a micrometer in diameter. These get swept upward by natural wind patterns and are dispersed over the globe, including the poles. Once spread across the stratosphere, the aerosols will reflect about 1 percent of the sunlight hitting Earth back into space. Increasing what scientists call the planet’s albedo, or reflective power, will partially offset the warming effects caused by rising levels of greenhouse gases.

The author of this so-called geoengineering scheme, David Keith, doesn’t want to implement it anytime soon, if ever. Much more research is needed to determine whether injecting sulfur into the stratosphere would have dangerous consequences such as disrupting precipitation patterns or further eating away the ozone layer that protects us from damaging ultraviolet radiation. Even thornier, in some ways, are the ethical and governance issues that surround geoengineering—questions about who should be allowed to do what and when. Still, Keith, a professor of applied physics at Harvard University and a leading expert on energy technology, has done enough analysis to suspect it could be a cheap and easy way to head off some of the worst effects of climate change.

Now, as I am sure you already know about all this, and you were likely pulling our chain with the chemtrail talk, it's interesting to see the delivery method is using sulfuric acid and not strontium and barium and aluminum. Though someone may have discussed those at some time. Also, you notice the altitude of the delivery. Well above where normal planes fly and well above where contrails usually form.(again, that class you took would fully have explained all that, so I know I am not telling you anything you haven't been tested on)

It's my hope that one day, enough people who actually do care about the skies, educate themselves enough to understand this HUGELY complex thing explained in the two paragraphs above, and all band together to ensure that nobody starts to use SRM as an answer to a problem that we know so little about. But until they stop being afraid of clouds and listening to electricians about their weather knowledge, I fear that it may never happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
With unmelted snow in Buffalo NY and the same in Scotland, (reports from last month) I think we already have a 'freeze' but the sheeple will believe MSN reports that 'its the hottest year on record' but not according to the NOAA satellites data.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You posted, in part. "Here is the plan. Customize several Gulfstream business jets with military engines and with equipment to produce and disperse fine droplets of sulfuric acid. Fly the jets up around 20 kilometers."
Unlike most, if not all of the people here, I actually am certified in, and have substantial hours logged in Gulfstream jets, including the IIBSP, III, IV and V.(Gulfstream has recently renumbered the series.) None of them will fly at 20 klometers. That is 65,600 feet. The highest any are certified is 51,000. And the limiting factor is not the engines. The airfoil just doesn't fly higher than that. For the III, for example, The max camber is only 0.7% at 14.7% chord and the max thickness 11% at 39.7% chord. And the pressurization system is only a 10.2psi system. It can maintain sea level pressure up to a PA of 29,200 feet. I guess it's easy to conceive a "plan" if you're free to just make up facts.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

It's not my plan.

www.technologyreview.com...

This is the link to where this information came from. While you may not like what it has to say, I suggest letting them know, as I have no control over what they print.

If you need, I can find the contact info for you.

join