It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone feel wierd from taking Lipitor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have been taking Lipitor for a few months, and lately I have been feeling kind of tingly. I had some people tell me it was probably the Lipitor. At work, I went to first aid (for an unrelated problem), and after the nurse wrote down what meds I am taking, she asked me if I felt numb or tingly from the Lipitor, and she was the first person to say anything to me about it, and I told her that I did feel that way sometimes, and she said she gets a lot of people with the same symptoms that take it- it surprised me because I hadnt even mentioned to her that I had been feeling that way. I have since asked a few people if they felt the same way,from taking it, and they said they did sometimes feel like that but never knew what might be the cause. I was just wondering if anyone here is taking the Lipitor and having the same reaction!?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
sorry folks, I didnt know that this would be posted in the "fragile earth" category. I am new here and I havent quite figured out how it all works.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Lipitor: paresthesia means tingling or pins and needles. Less than 2% get it. You dose may be too high. i would talk to your MD ASAP

Adverse Reactions
>10%: Central nervous system: Headache (3% to 17%)

2% to 10%:

Cardiovascular: Chest pain, peripheral edema

Central nervous system: Weakness (0% to 4%), insomnia, dizziness

Dermatologic: Rash (1% to 4%)

Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain (0% to 4%), constipation (0% to 3%), diarrhea (0% to 4%), dyspepsia (1% to 3%), flatulence (1% to 3%), nausea

Genitourinary: Urinary tract infection

Neuromuscular & skeletal: Arthralgia (0% to 5%), myalgia (0% to 6%), back pain (0% to 4%), arthritis

Respiratory: Sinusitis (0% to 6%), pharyngitis (0% to 3%), bronchitis, rhinitis

Miscellaneous: Infection (2% to 10%), flu-like syndrome (0% to 3%), allergic reaction (0% to 3%)

join