It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Volcano Erupts In Andaman Islands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
data.emsd.iks.ru...

It's dark there right now; but this Russian volcano (on their Eastern Pacific boundary) was blowing smoke yesterday afternoon--apparently for the first time in a long time.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
I did hear that the Earth has moved on it's axis because of the strengh of this quake. Don't know if that is possible though.

It did, but only by a matter of an inch or so, the earth is also spinning a fraction of a second faster because the plate shifts caused the earth to become more compact.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
No one is pissed off....it's a chain reaction from a natural disaster....people always want to be so dramatic and doomsdayish.......I'm thinking there will be more to come.......it's doesn't mean any god is po'ed, or that the end is near!

Perhaps you don't realize it is a figure of speech LadyV... Where did anyone say the end was near LadyV?.....
Yes, a lot of disasters seem to be occurring as of late, even though i don't think the "end is near or anywhere in sight" a lot of people are suffering by what is happening...

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
they should be worried about that volcano in yellowstone park that like 250,000 years over due when that thing blows it could take the world with it

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
One might almost get the impression, this planet is not safe to live on.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Uhm, Yellowstone Caldera is 40,000 years overdue, not 250,000. Also, it's not going to take the world with it, it's just going to make things a bit more, shall we say, interesting around here for a while.

TPL

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
It did, but only by a matter of an inch or so, the earth is also spinning a fraction of a second faster because the plate shifts caused the earth to become more compact.

By a whooping 1 millionth of a second to be precise.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by defrag99

One might almost get the impression, this planet is not safe to live on.

Planning on moving?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If Caldera eruptes how bad is it suposed to be?? I think the Earth is at the beginning stages of going through some major changes.....I hate to say this but a big portion of the population are going to die... I'll be seeing you all in hell.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
OK people, everyone calm down.
I know that for millenia mankind has had an inherent need to associate traumatic events with controlled causes such as Gods, and I know that the projection of a future, even a catastrophic one, is a natural way of attempting to relieve anxiety, but just step back and take a deep breath.
The odds of this being the apocalypse are probably statistically insignificant- bearing in mind that I have no statistics to actually cite. (Note that this still leaves me just as credible as many "prophets of doom".

Now, just to be on the safe side, we're gonna have to bury a virgin on in the subduction zone, and throw one more into a volcano, just to make sure the God's take it easy on us. I want to be fair about this, so if all the virgins here would just speak up we'll create a tournament bracket and decide by playing paper-rock-scissors.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Since the adoption of the doctrine of "choice," you're going to have a hard time finding a virgin willing to be thrown off a cliff.

At the same time, due to the economics of being mobile, only the individuals paranoid enough and self-sufficient enough to plan on mobilization of their resources, or lucky enough to have their prayers for Deliverance heard--

only those need to worry about what will happen AFTER the PacRim buckles and the whole crust shrinks down about 2,000 diameter miles.

Most humans, in that case, will simply quickly EXIT STAGE LEFT.

And what's probably coming after that is a new ice age, according to the seers and the pontificators. A person's going to have to be highly motivated to want to live in that sort of environment, to actually do so.

It would help if your granddaddy was Inuit, Cherokee, Chicosaw, or so on.

At least, then you have a culture to work from that isn't consumer-based.

God, in this scenario, is the One that will keep a person alive day to day, miracle-by-miracle because society and culture will be history, mostly.

If this earthquake is simply the wave of the future, the first step so far as I can see, is to throw out your television. That thing won't help you.

Get loose from corporate politics. They won't help you.

Get loose from debt and in this way, free up some resources.

Get loose from "mere stuff." Start liquidating things as if you were now enlisting in the military and could only keep what would fit into your footlocker.

Get loose from bad vibes. Never mind, the people who suck off your energy and obligate you to perform time-consuming rituals for them. Flake off.

Remember the 60s. People dropped out until the death-industry-based society actually noticed they were no longer being taken seriously.

We would do well to repeat that performance.

Notice the future map, at www.matrixinstitute.com...

If you keep that loosely in mind, what will come to you is which you will need to drive, to get safe, when the time comes to "move out."

We all can see how obvious it is, the world of governments are helpless in the face of these natural catastrophies. So, don't expect FEMA to do anything and just depend on your friends.

Good luck and happy new year.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL

Originally posted by 27jd

By a whooping 1 millionth of a second to be precise.

So if the earth is now a little more compact, did earth's gravitational factor go up a little as well? Did we all just put on a few micrograms of weight due to this earthquake?

So let me get this straight... This disaster is making us older, faster, and it also made us "fatter" so to speak... crazy!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by defrag99
Since the adoption of the doctrine of "choice," you're going to have a hard time finding a virgin willing to be thrown off a cliff.

All I need is one sucker to sign up for the paper-rock-scissors tournament, then if nobody else volunteers that person is the default.

And what's probably coming after that is a new ice age, according to the seers and the pontificators. A person's going to have to be highly motivated to want to live in that sort of environment, to actually do so.

At least, then you have a culture to work from that isn't consumer-based.

I don't particularly believe that the end is near, however to be honest I would not be all that heartbroken. Ever since reading Thoreau's "Walden" I have been hard pressed to explain precisely what all of this 'civilization' is here for. As he says, men have become tools of their tools. We work oursleves sick to lay something up against a sick day.

Should the world end, I would content to take my chances scavenging for equipment and applying my mediocre scientific knowledge to making ends meet for myself. It's not like my diet would suffer. The average American is about as malnourished and dehyrdated as a person can get without becoming ill and dying. So if all this actually happened to end, many would die and the rest would actually live to far better standards.

There are a few advantages to a cataclysm, especially if we survived to eventually start over again in a changed Earth. For example, even the poorest dumbest SOB in this forum (namely me) could become the father to a long line of kings if he had the foresight to pass maths and sciences on to his offspring in spite of the collapse of civilization. One day we'd need them again, and those who knew such things would be quite important

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join