It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suit says Texas denying birth certificates to undocumented immigrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Your generalization is pretty inaccurate. My grandmother came here from Germany after WWII after surviving a Russian prison camp for a few years. She earned her citizenship and took the test, paid the fee, etc. to become a US citizen. She also learned English. She was not "undocumented".

I don't think you can equate my feelings that everyone should have to do things the legal way, and that the anchor baby issue is a loop-hole that causes problems, as hateful or un-patriotic. It is about fairness.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dumb argument. The only exception to someone standing on US soil and not being "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" are those that hold diplomatic immunity.

Illegals are "subject to the jurisdiction thereof".

Clutching at straws is all that is.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Illegals coming here to have their children is just taking advantage of the system. Birthright citizenship was never meant for illegal immigrants. Something has to change!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

indeed. And it has nothing to do with hate and polarity. Polarity is actually introduced by increased immigration. Mixing different cultures simply does not really work well.

There I said it. I'm not a big fan of multiculturalism. I don't mind the concept on paper...but it doesn't work in reality...and we shouldn't be forcing it.

But I guess..."divide et impera" is the plan.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It truly makes zero sense that people flouting US laws could then turn around and invoke US laws to benefit them.
It's something akin to robbing a person and then calling the cops because they come take their stuff back from you.
It's like calling the police from the inside of the home you were burglarizing to report that you've been assaulted.

It's a mark of how absolutely meaningless the immigration laws are that this is even a debate. How exactly can an "illegal" immigrant give birth to an American citizen? How exactly is an "illegal" immigrant afforded due process?

It seems like sneaking into the US with the express purpose of having a baby should be a deportable offense, not an occasion to bestow permanent citizenship.

Unjust laws should always be disobeyed. But what exactly is unjust about having a properly administered immigration system?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

They shouldn't have to have to have any paperwork. If the child is born in the country then it is a citizen of this country that is what the Constitution says so Texas can go F itself.

But those of us who actually have gone through all the proper channels, had citizen parents who were here legally, paid taxes, didn't send out money down south to help pay human trafficking fees to get more relatives illegally here are required to show 5 different pieces of identification, birth certificates, passports, bills to our residence, and an original Social Security card to get a goddamned drivers license... yeah, that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
It truly makes zero sense that people flouting US laws could then turn around and invoke US laws to benefit them.

Obviously Mexico's cable carriers carry C-Span in SAP format because it sounds like these folks have learned to emulate the American government and American politician by doing exactly what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Birthright citizenship was never meant for illegal immigrants.

No, the concept of birthright citizenship is to bestow citizenship on any and everyone born in a country.

You don't think it is a good idea? Ok, but you don't get to say who it was or wasn't meant for.

edit on 20-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Has nothing to do with multiculturalism. This was put in place hundreds of years ago. It was the norm in the Americas because they wanted to attract people and make it easy for them to get their situation in order.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Has nothing to do with multiculturalism.

you are right. I doesn't in this case. Poor choice of words on my part.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
I don't get it. So if I and my pregnant wife cross your border illegally...and I rush her to the nearest hospital because she is close to giving birth...your state must make my child an American citizen ?

It sounds pretty ridiculous and rather open to abuse.

It does doesn't it? That's akin to someone breaking into your housesand sleeping in your garage and bam, they are now a resident and you can't kick them out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join