It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Green Beret Drafted and Released By Seattle Seahawks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nate Boyer took the hard road to play the game he loved. Spurred to join the military after reading an article about the genocide in Darfur, he went on to serve multiple tours, including time spent with Special Forces. Never having played organized ball, he decided to become a walk-on at University of Texas, eventually securing the starting slot as a long-snapper. Boyer ended his college career as a 3 year starter, often a decade older than his teammates.

Nate, who considered himself "too old and too slow" to even contemplate the next level, was shocked when his phone rang and the caller identified himself as non other than Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll. Carroll offered him a spot on the expanded roster, and a shot to allow the 34 year old to continue the dream. thechive.com...

This Cinderella story came to an end today as he was released from the Seahawk's roster.www.heraldnet.com...
But what a ride his life has been, and I look forward to reading about what lies ahead for this extraordinary man. Kinda warms the heart, no?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Yeah, I feel bad for the guy, at least he got a shot at it though. Go Hawks.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Yeah, I feel bad for the guy, at least he got a shot at it though. Go Hawks.

Why feel bad for a guy that fulfilled so many of his goals, and was given the opportunity to compete in a sport at the highest level. He had no illusions to making the cut, but his drive in life is something to be proud of. He'll have no shortage of stories to tell his grand-kids, and that may not be too far off based on his present age!

new topics

join