It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Exploration and Dwarf Status

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

there is literally nothing we can do to ensure this earth remains habitable for eternity, we need to leave it eventually, and without a known time limit we ought to be prepared to do it sooner rather then later, or else we might end up missing the boat and going extinct....

i personally believe our efforts to branch off of this planet is our last remaining truly important purpose to existence, survival, the next step to ensure it is populate other planets, and then other solar systems, and then other galaxies, and perhaps if we find it is even possible, then other universes. we've done enough here on this one single rock.

i can understand how it is difficult to find any importance in that task when you selfishly think only of your own life. your right, its completely pointless to you as an individual,

think beyond yourself, it is the utmost important next task for us as a species. and to that aim im so #ing proud of us as a species for getting as far as we have that we can even imagine it being possible now, the moon was barely a dream 100 years ago, now mars, good #ing work humans, truly, bravo, dont stop, keep going, into the great abyss, pushing ever deeper, ever farther.
edit on 8/19/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: johnwick

How can you be this ignorant and think you have an opinion on the subject worth listening to?

The curse of the modern age, my friend.

Mass communications and the internet have given billions the impression that they know something, when in fact they know the same old nothing they've always known.

The principle of free speech — everyone has a right to make his opinion known — has suffered a serious case of mission creep, mutating into the perception that everyone's opinion is valuable, even when it patently isn't.

And centuries of social, economic and technological development have created a culture where people mistake their privileges for rights, and have altogether forgotten that their rights have duties attached to them.

When did you last hear that unfashionable sentence, 'It's my (or your, or our) duty'?

I suspect it only remains current among military men and women.

Is this post off topic? Perhaps so. But then, this is a rant. And really, what reasonable reply can one make to such ignorance and prejudice as expressed in the OP? Is the topic even amenable to discussion?

Off topic or not, I thought it very relevant.

Though it's significance and value will likely be lost on the person that needed to digest these words the most.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Sums up my thoughts pretty well.

We are one unseen meteor or comet away from extinction because all our eggs are in this one basket.

Intelligent life seems to be exceedingly rare from what know.

Life itself abundant, intelligent life...... Just us outside billions of species .

We might even be the only ones.

I doubt that, but we don't know.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

It may just be that there is intelligent life on many, many planets, but it is just too hard for them to get out of their solar system. The costs could be too high, or some technical problems. There can be many reasons for there being little or no intelligent life, but there can also be many reasons why intelligent life does not give off signatures.

Check my blog for a lot more details on this.
www.stanericksonsblog.blogspot.com

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: lakesidepark

Yeah it is in your mom's basement.

That is the exact response I would expect from a pure troll. And what does my mom have to do with your stupidity?

(and don't say you are my brother...you are more like what my brother scrapes off his shoe after a walk in the cow pasture)

This thread' is definitely about a planet, but not the dwarf ones, more like a giant planet that is not Jupiter, Saturn, or Neptune....The OP's knowledge can be described as coming from such a planet.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Mate, you're 52 years old....wtf??

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Mate, you're 52 years old....wtf??

Maybe he still lives in his mom's basement. That would explain everything.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

What reason would we have to colonize Mars? Closer to the Sun? Humans could not even survive the atmosphere there. They think we would have problems with CME's from the Sun here on Earth, so why would we want to be closer?

Maybe if you educated yourself you would learn that Mars is further from the Sun than Earth...but continue with your rant...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
when the rich push for space exploration i think we should be scared, because then we know they want to get off this planet.

nice thread..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join