It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 women pass Army Ranger School, first female graduates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well since they are cutting back our military left and right I don't know how they could justify a Draft. Although I am sure the powers that be could figure out something. I don't think just young men should have to sign up for Selective Service. Young women should also have to sign up. We want equality, but we want "selected equality".

Our government need to have selections, because a selection is basically a loyalty test where you have to prove that you have the will....not just the skill....skills are always thought after you have proven Your loyalty to them. To serve With the/a (unit).

Not all male and female fit the selection scope the government want to have in their military service. That is why they have reserves and reserve options.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Don't really think you have any clue as to why people join. If you think it is because of diminished self esteem you need to grow up.

People join for various reasons, maybe in bad neighborhood and it is a chance to start fresh, get away, get life on track. Some people don't want to be burdened with college debt. Not only can you get money for school, you can get steep discounts at schools while in. Some want a chance to work with technology they can't anywhere else (despite the thought of the dumb grunt, there are many highly technical jobs even enlisted can work in and expanding). Some want to travel. There are many reasons people join and rarely is it for the reasons you listed

Your are trained to use weapons, weapons are used to kill, you can go to war or deployed into other hot zones. Might want to 're-evaluate your thinking and hope it's not what you pass off as intellect and being informed.

Flip side, low pay, after service care, sometimes put in bad situations unnecessarily. There is some of what you say, some not great intentions, but your view is very jaded.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Start a WAR with Russia or China comes to mind...then declare a notional emergency and BOBS YOUR uncle.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I don't think someone with low self esteem can push themselves internally in order to succeed in combat arms positions very well.
I also KNOW you evidently are ill informed about the realities of what US soldiers as the sbest on the planet have to face and suceed in doing dispite the efforts of our IDIOT in cheif trying to kill them with his constand bush fire fighting and micromanaging with his COMPLETELY incompetant staff's advise.
edit on 19-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Kiss a generation good bye on the next big fight then.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join