It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A light during meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey so I was meditating for an extended period of time last night and a light came into my vision(eyes closed), and a feeling of peace. The light wasn't very distinct but it was kind of off in the distance. I even adjust my vision during the meditation to see if it was an outside light but it wasn't.

Interesting phenomenon, has anyone else experienced this?

What are your theories? I really have none.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's called entropic phenomena it's pretty normal.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ether you died for a second, or if I wanna go with ludicrous mystical methodology, you ether got a little closer to activating kundalini.

I kind of had it happen once before, felt like a roller coaster in a dark tunnel with light.

Then it said "come to me my child"...And I said the power of Christ compels you and your devilish tricks Lucifer...

(That last part didn't actually happen.)

edit on 18-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me a few times and looked into what might be causing it, I looked at a lot of different possibilities and for me (please dont think I'm suggesting this is the same for you) I came to the conclusion that is severe neurological damage from years of... ummm... destroying braincells with chemicals.

Without the advantage of an education in neurology, I cant really explain how/why, but its to do with damaged dopamine receptors. This might be worth noting, as meditation does release dopamine.

Other things I read it might be were: damaged optic nerve, 3rd eye opening, exploding head syndrome and plain old schizophrenia. I was really worried it was a damaged optic nerve.

For me I found increasing caffeine intake seemed to reduce it...

Hope its not freaking you out too much, the first time it happened I was really worried and questioning my mental health.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's not exploding head syndrome, that has to do with your sense of sound, not sight.

You can start to enter a dreamscape or REM sleep while still awake through meditation.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Sounds good. I get a purple, green, gold, and white one at times but it's from coming out of sleep or very relaxed getting a back rub. Mostly purple, some green, and white/gold was only once.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know if I should tell you but if it's a white light kind of like a star then it's an exit from where your spirit (or soul?) can leave your body. I still don't know if it is safe to go through, lots of love emotions come from the Hand that I met on the other side though. Is it a spiritual fly trap? I just don't know and the question drives my paranoia that prevent me from investigating it further. I believe that it is Brahman that's singing the deep "AAA..." forever in there, time halts, and all colors turn to grey - you are at the same location but leaving your body being pulled upward towards a Hand. If you are pulled upwards you cannot fight the ascent with your energies - at least I couldn’t. If you accidently go through it and want to go back you can ask the Hand to let you go - it worked for me at least - but be aware that your energy may be very low when you return to your physical body and your spiritual shields down because of it - which I believe could make you susceptible for bad thoughts from evil entities once you come back - 25 years ago I almost went mad myself doing this and heard evil voices, and I slept straight for two days after my little trip through it. If you survive let us know, ok? There are very few references of it to be found which makes me suspect that you don't survive the journey much further than I did. I believe that some of the occult symbols for this are the beehive - bee's symbolizes the "AAA" - and domes with a light (a hole) in the top symbolizes the Light(exit). Royston Cave in Beldam has most of same the symbology:

Full size

Full size

My latest theory is that it is the opposite from the Clip Off and rather the entrance to the Malchuth of the Tree of Life that is above the Tree of Life that we currently occupy, but these are just my own theories. Overall I would not recommend it because it is not clear what it is, but that might just be me being too paranoid. I would recommend all your spiritual blockages be cleared and your Kundalini flowing all the way through your head like a water fountain before attempting it, though - to be on the safe side. I would also try it far away from people because you may hurt somebody if the evil entities take control of you once you come back and you don't have the energy to fight them. You have been warned!

-MM
edit on 18-8-2015 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Science calls these hypnogogic images. When you are entering the theta frequency of brainwaves you start seeing fleeting images, maybe faces, maybe lights, maybe sounds. The more you relax into these images and sounds the more realistic they become.

I've had experiences where it starts with a faint light. If you don't pay too much attention to it it grows bigger. The more you relax and let these lights take over your mind the more dense they become. Eventually these lights can turn into a scenery, when you enter this scenery you are basically in an OBE.

Another thing that happens to me is ill enter the theta state where i can see the hypnogogic images. From there I expand my electromagnetic energy body past my physical body and feel like a giant bubble of consciousness. Sometimes from there i will hear a high pitch electric shocking sound, when I increase this sound my body starts vibrating violently and I feel my soul pop out of my body. From there your free to explore your own consciousness.

You sound like your on the track to astral projection. If you look it up there is a ton of information on the internet how to achieve an OBE

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well there is Entoptic Phenomena like thesaneone said, which include 'floaters' and other common visual disturbances which can be related to eye damage or other physical stimuli.
Then there is 'the light' which many people experience in deep meditation.
I have had a couple interesting experiences whilst in that state.
The most intense one was when in bed one night, I had just meditated for a while and gone to bed.
I was feeling so relaxed and in bed I decided to concentrate on my third eye (just above and in between the eyes) and on my breathing.
After a while and almost falling asleep, a sudden flash of light as fast as lightning, it seemed to come exactly from inside my forehead. It kind of felt like it began as a tiny dot and expanded in a 'big bang' sort of way. But it all lasted for less then half a second.
Needless to say it left me quite shaken and I didnt even know what to think, like what the hell just happened?
It wasnt scary, but I just knew that I had touched upon something deeper.
Other times, I have seen vague faint lights like in the distance as well. It's only happened when I actively forced myself to sit for extended periods of time in meditation.
Some will say they are 'angels' or guides other that they are merely hallucinations.

But whatever it is, who has experienced it, talks about that feeling of peace, and apparently if you are serious about going deeper in meditation, one shouldn't focus on these phenomena or get carried away and analyse them.
They are just the first stage!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Hey so I was meditating for an extended period of time last night and a light came into my vision(eyes closed), and a feeling of peace. The light wasn't very distinct but it was kind of off in the distance. I even adjust my vision during the meditation to see if it was an outside light but it wasn't.

Was the light blue?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I experience many things when I'm meditating.

One time I felt like a light from heaven came to me which was accompanied by a feeling of warmth and deep emotional love that brought me to tears. The happy kind.

Most of the time I have thoughts that feel more like they come to me rather than originating from my own mind. Sometimes the thoughts come in voices that are not my own, with no vision to accompany the voice.

I also have visions, but I wouldn't call them prophetic. My visions are usually educational to me in some fashion. The visions usually teach me things past what I could have understood by thoughts alone.

I do have the ability to lucid dream, some may call my lucid dreams astral projection or OBE, and sometimes I fall into those dream states unintentionally when I am meditating.

However I prefer to avoid lucid dreaming because it takes me away from my purpose for meditation which is to look inward or upward for knowledge.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's a meaning of

A car drove past your window.
Or mirror/ silver reflects light.

Nothing else. Bye.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The famous Taoist treatise the Chuang Tzu says: "The empty room is filled with white light."

That phenomenon you experienced is well documented by sages and saints since the beginning of recorded history.

Keep pressing on. Don't stop meditating.

And don't focus on those experiences.

Refine yourself morally as best you can. Remain as ethical as you can manage.

Cultivate virtue and accomplish no end of good works.

You'll be very happy with the results.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Is the phenomena a dot like sphere of a color on a dark background when eyes are closed?

If it was the sphere it makes me think of Chakra coloring phenomena that sometimes happen to some people.

Can you remember if there was any different feelings in different part of the body?
For instance cooling energy/heating energy/pulsating energy/vibrational energy?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

when the light came over I felt very peaceful and tranquil and a weird vibrating feeling ran through my body like a shock

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

that is definitely energy running through your body. Usually before i astral project i feel a strong shock running through my body, feels violent almost, this is accompanied by a high pitch sound and then you pop out.

Don't be afraid of these feelings they will not hurt you, if anything they are good for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Seems you liked it.

I have assumed that you had been playing around with energy/vibrations for years. I have never astral projected myself so if that happens or if you want to experience it you should ask booyakasha or somebody else for advise.

If you get the vibrating hands and want to calm other souls down with your touch (when they give permission) then I would recommend a Reiki master that can push thru energy in your body to remove blockage in the arm/hands so the flow increases.
edit on 19-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join