It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Gay Lobby Group in America Urges Schools to Ban Words ‘Boy’ and ‘Girl’

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory

I'm sorry you don't know what chromosomes are. That's why I posted the link, and will continue to, whenever someone makes a thread about dudes with boob jobs having special bathrooms, and women with beards needing to be called "Sir.

The chromosome argument is antiquated.

It does show ignorance.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It does show ignorance.

Oh, so I don't have different chromosomes as a man as you do as a woman, or, we do, but if I go buy some boobs mine change?
Which is it?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Thankfully, you don't define what is and isn't for anyone but yourself.

I read your post. I called your post (not you, I don't know you) ignorant because you apparently have little knowledge of actual biology, to the exact point that the "xx and xy" denotations you thought were so witty would actually allow many intersex people to use whichever restroom they wanted.

While you're sputtering about what little you apparently comprehend about human biology, take a gander at what intersex actually means and then get back to us.

Or keep up the cowardly bravado of what you "would do" to those you consider you have the right to bully. It'd be hell for you to get your tail handed to you by a "guy in a dress" I'm betting.

Besides which, if YOU would read what I WROTE I'm ENCOURAGING you not to change a thing!

I just hope you still have internet when your business fails so that I can appreciate the outcome.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Klinefelter syndrome

Klinefelter syndrome is a condition related to the X and Y chromosomes (the sex chromosomes). People typically have two sex chromosomes in each cell: females have two X chromosomes (46,XX), and males have one X and one Y chromosome (46,XY). Most often, Klinefelter syndrome results from the presence of one extra copy of the X chromosome in each cell (47,XXY). Extra copies of genes on the X chromosome interfere with male sexual development, often preventing the testes from functioning normally and reducing the levels of testosterone. Most people with an extra X chromosome have the features described above, although some have few or no associated signs and symptoms.

Some people with features of Klinefelter syndrome have more than one extra sex chromosome in each cell (for example, 48,XXXY or 49,XXXXY). These conditions, which are often called variants of Klinefelter syndrome, tend to cause more severe signs and symptoms than classic Klinefelter syndrome. In addition to affecting male sexual development, variants of Klinefelter syndrome are associated with intellectual disability, distinctive facial features, skeletal abnormalities, poor coordination, and severe problems with speech. As the number of extra sex chromosomes increases, so does the risk of these health problems.

Some people with features of Klinefelter syndrome have the extra X chromosome in only some of their cells; in these individuals, the condition is described as mosaic Klinefelter syndrome (46,XY/47,XXY). Individuals with mosaic Klinefelter syndrome may have milder signs and symptoms, depending on how many cells have an additional X chromosome.

That's just one example. Here's another:
Swyer syndrome

In Swyer syndrome, individuals with one X chromosome and one Y chromosome in each cell, the pattern typically found in boys and men, have female reproductive structures.

People with Swyer syndrome have typical female external genitalia. The uterus and fallopian tubes are normally-formed, but the gonads (ovaries or testes) are not functional; affected individuals have undeveloped clumps of tissue called streak gonads. Because of the lack of development of the gonads, Swyer syndrome is also called 46,XY complete gonadal dysgenesis. The residual gonadal tissue often becomes cancerous, so it is usually removed surgically early in life.

edit on 20-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I just hope you still have internet when your business fails so that I can appreciate the outcome.

My "transgender" friends = oh wait, I don't know ANYONE who actually went thru with FULL surgery - actually understand and respect what I said, which is simply an example of agreeing with the OP, which has 40 stars and flags.
They will ensure, like all of my friends, that my business does not fail, despite your wishes.
Bathrooms are not a right in a shop. For anyone.

I can't believe it's going to take less time to enforce Ally McBeal bathrooms in this country than it did to get changing stations installed in men's rooms.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It does show ignorance.

Oh, so I don't have different chromosomes as a man as you do as a woman, or, we do, but if I go buy some boobs mine change?
Which is it?

There's a lot more to the science of gender then the antiquated chromosone stance some choose to use as their argument.

Of course, as mentioned, it is choice not to accept or become knowledgable of current science in this area.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am so mad at the liberals in this thread. Why can't they just shut up and believe what I believe? :| they are soooo retarded for having opinion that conflict with my worldview.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You judge what is correct and rational by the number of stars and flags???

Who your friends are (I'm glad you have trans* friends!) isn't what will make your business fail. Your basic lack of understanding of how business works, and what rights you do have and don't have as a business owner, is what will make you fail.

And don't try to back off the obnoxious bullying attitude you were trying to strike earlier in the thread just on my account ... I want folks who think as you do to be overtly and fully who you are.

That way, the public will recognize you sooner and exercise what you will come to understand as true free market forces work their way.

Best. (That means I'm done with any discussion with you, but please, feel free to rave on.)

edit on 14Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:03:50 -050015p022015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you, that was actually very interesting and informative.
I don't see what this has to do with "transgender," or being gay or bi, though.

It sound's to me like physical disorders people are born with, - which may lead to mental issues.
I have Marfan's Syndrome, a physical condition i was born with. It wasn't discovered until I was 19 and had failed gym 3 times, so maybe I should have had "special care" and schooling so I wasn't so "affected" by being forced to play football, run so much i almost had a heart attack, or forced to touch my toes - which i will NEVER be able to do.

Usually, in a public (school or otherwise) setting, those with physical and mental disorders ARE allowed "special privileges." The nurse, teachers, and staff, are all aware, and if it's not good enough, there are private institutions for those unfortunate enough to not fit in to "normal" social situations.

I cringe as i type "normal" social situations, because in general, i say hell with that.
But when I come on here and agree with the OP with a hypothetical relevant to MY life, then get attacked, that's just not a "normal" social situation either.

Maybe some of us need our own special ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Who your friends are (I'm glad you have trans* friends!) isn't what will make your business fail. Your basic lack of understanding of how business works, and what rights you do have and don't have as a business owner, is what will make you fail.

You still fail to understand that I don't have to provide a bathroom to ANYONE as a business owner, and this whole thing is a HUGE insult to WOMEN.
I won't let a MAN in a WOMENS bathroom. Period. Pun intended.

That simple shortsightedness about my rights as a business owner invalidate everything else you have said.
"Bullying?" nope. "Rights?" nope. "Business fail?" nope.

Here, let me help you - I just decided, I just won't have bathrooms!
Happy? I bet the dude with boobs uses the tree outside after all.
That's his "right" as a human being with a penis. $50 ticket maybe, but hey, we've all been there.
Well, most of us lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Ya! Since day one of the human race bathrooms have been separated by gender with no example of a successfully coed one. It's just wrong. Peanut butter is not coc aine and this is the same concept.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Regarding what the issue really addresses, there is a part of me that still refuses to believe what I've read here.

Some of you really believe that anyone, anywhere is stupid enough to try to actually do away with the words "boy and girl"?

That anything suggested by the HRC is part of some nefarious plan to turn this into a "communist" state ala the USSR?

Tell me, are there still boys and girls in Cuba and Vietnam? There certainly still seem to be in China ...

These are actual COMMUNIST countries. Recognition of sex and gender still exists.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hmmm? So, Walter Carlos was well established as a man with a prominent career in music but yet Wendy Carlos is an "actual" transgender? Do you think she made this transition at the snap of the fingers or blink of an eye? I wonder if she had this "personality disorder" as a child and ever felt it hurtful when the teacher said boys over here and girls over there? I find it kind of odd that one of your heroes is also someone you think is mentally ill.

Methinks you are a bit confused about things? That's okay, even as someone with a transsexual social and medical history in the long distant past, I don't completely know what transgender is supposed to mean exactly so I forgive you for some of your ignorance and confusion. That's still no excuse for coming across like like a totally bigoted jackass. Try reading a book or doing some study before pounding things out on your keyboard. It would help you not look so foolish. I'm only trying to help.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron
I wonder if she had this "personality disorder" as a child and ever felt it hurtful when the teacher said boys over here and girls over there?

I'm a straight female and I found it hurtful to be forced by gender.

Can't even imagine being Transgender and separated by physical gender.

You do not have to be transgender to not feel comfortable being separated by girl/boy.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron
Hmmm? So, Walter Carlos was well established as a man with a prominent career in music but yet Wendy Carlos is an "actual" transgender? Do you think she made this transition at the snap of the fingers or blink of an eye? I wonder if she had this "personality disorder" as a child and ever felt it hurtful when the teacher said boys over here and girls over there? I find it kind of odd that one of your heroes is also someone you think is mentally ill.

Wendy Carlos was a pioneer of MANY things, one being full trans-gender surgery. He/She had a hard struggle in life, and probably with surgical recovery as well. A long, painful fight, back when no-one could stand up for her on the internet, no one to talk to about her issues, not even sure of them him/herself.
HE took it upon HIMSELF to handle that. Now, SHE will NOT discuss it. At all. PERIOD. Not our business, or "problem" to be solved. Good for her.

Bruce Jenner is a gay man with a boob job who doesn't have, doesn't want, and likely is very grossed out by vaginas.
He WILL NOT get full trans-gender surgery. He's a guy with a boob job, not a hero, and to call him "she" is as insulting to actual WOMEN as Dolezal is to black people. HE wants this to be our "problem" to solve as a society where HE is a very, very small, minority of drag queens with boob jobs.

I doubt Wendy would argue that it was, indeed, a mental issue, feeling like a woman in a man's body, and therefore HER issue, not mine. I respect that WAY more than Dolezal or Jenner's insensitive and hurtful comments and behaviors.

If you can't see the difference, well, there's the problem.

ETA: NO, absolutely not, I DO NOT think Walter Carlos let the words "boy" or "girl" or where he sat in class hold him back in his studies.
Are you serious with that question? Are you a "milleneal?" Is that why you think this has been an issue like, forever, when really, it hasn't and is simply the result of a growing, ridiculous sense of personal deserving of special treatment by everyone, not just the "transgendered?"
edit on 20-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: ETA

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

People who truly do not associate themselves with their actual gender are less than 1% of the population. Even most gay men associate themselves as a male, just one who is attracted to other like-minded males. Very very few people disassociate 100% from their gender (gender caused by the male / female body parts).

Sure, some few exist.. but most of us will never even meet or speak to a person like this..

and my daughter is a girl, regardless of her interests, hobbies or sexual orientation, because she has girl parts - same for my son. I'll be damned before someone refers to my children or grandchildren as an "it". THAT is offensive and wrong! They are human beings, not pieces of furniture!
edit on 20-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Who suggested that children be referred to as 'it"?

Not the HRC.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If you click on the reply button ( Seed76) in my previous post, you will see the full post of what I replied to specifically. This is why you hit "reply" so it takes readers directly to the post being replied to.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bruce Jenner is a gay man with a boob job who doesn't have, doesn't want, and likely is very grossed out by vaginas.

He WILL NOT get full trans-gender surgery. He's a guy with a boob job, not a hero, and to call him "she" is as insulting to actual WOMEN as Dolezal is to black people. HE wants this to be our "problem" to solve as a society where HE is a very, very small, minority of drag queens with boob jobs.

What? You pick and choose what is acceptable to you?

Transgenders are not required to have surgery to change their sexual organs. It is a personal CHOICE. And it's no one else's business if they do or don't.

Jenner is a male to female transgender who is attracted to women. He is not a gay man with boobs.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Transgenders are not required to have surgery to change their sexual organs. It is a personal CHOICE. And it's no one else's business if they do or don't.
Jenner is a male to female transgender who is attracted to women. He is not a gay man with boobs.

You are so right. That's why the term, instead of "Transexual," which is what Carlos is. But what part of him exactly is "male to female?"
Buying boobs makes you a woman now. SO female double-mastectomy patients are now men? Good lord your "logic" is - ugh...

Here ya go:
Caitlyn Jenner could face 1 year jail time

Which jail, MENS or WOMENS?
Lol, get it now?
No probably you will still not accept the obvious.
What the actual...
I'm getting boobs, and i'm comin for your bathrooms, ladies.
LMAO.

edit on 20-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

I'm done here, gonna go laugh at Transjenner's "jail sentence" on another site, with a bit more logic and sense of humor.
edit on 20-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join