It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Operation Safe Child. Documenting you children, not saving them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So while at the fair this weekend, I asked our local police for statistics on operation safe child, and how many children it has recovered. This is the program by which the create ID's for kids and document them into the police system. When I asked the police officer at the booth how many children were recovered using this, the answer I received was zero. At that point, half the parents stepped out of line with their kids, and I felt proud inside. I been looking for any statistics about the cost of the program or hard stats on it, but can not find any.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

It occurred to me, all those years ago, when the fingerprinting and voluntary info given by parents to law enforcement, under the presumption of child ID and safety, that the info gathered in that program would absolutely be used in other ways.

I did not support that prgram then and, based on your post, am pleased I didn't provide childrens fingerprints and info to law enforcement. I felt I had no right to give such personal information to any organization.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

good thing you asked that question - while the program might sound like a good idea to any concerned parent, the answer they provided you with is concerning itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

The same with my kids. Not that I don't love them or ever worried about their safety, creating a police file for my kids felt wrong and wouldn't have prevented them from being assaulted or abducted. As usual with the state new laws or policies they push are often for the "safety of the children".

Our rights were never based on the issues surrounding children.
It's a foolish parent that would relinquish their child's rights in the name of keeping them safer.
We would all be safer locked away in cages, would we not?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think if any governmental agency wants information on children, adults, or anyone for that matter, they can get it.

In fact, if you have any hacking skills at all you can find out the most intimate details of most peoples past.

Privacy is old school since DHS....
edit on 18-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Agreed.

We, as adults, certainly have ability and rights to throw our DNA, fingerprints, and personal info anywhere we like. But to do so for a child, who has no legal voice in the matter, well....it's never sat well with me.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That's why I just tattooed my kids' name and address on the backs of their necks. Yeah, the laser tattoo removal and re-inking is a pain in the butt when we move, but at least they're identifiable.

But seriously, I have many reservations about that myself. What's next, DNA swabs at birth?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So make them WORK for the info. Don't give away that which isn't yours to give.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Don't give them any ideas. Think what that could mean in 40 or 50 years from now. Check out the movie Gattaca.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When I had my child fingerprinted 20-odd years ago, the old-fashioned way with ink and paper, they gave me the prints to keep at home should anything ever happen.

This I wouldn't go for.

ETA: Although it's really not long until they get their middle school and high school IDs, drivers licenses, and college IDs anyway.
edit on 8/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I've seen it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
What's next, DNA swabs at birth?

Did you store cord blood?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Wasn't offered then. Might have been an option, but it wasn't common.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: NewzNose

The same with my kids. Not that I don't love them or ever worried about their safety, creating a police file for my kids felt wrong and wouldn't have prevented them from being assaulted or abducted. As usual with the state new laws or policies they push are often for the "safety of the children".

Our rights were never based on the issues surrounding children.
It's a foolish parent that would relinquish their child's rights in the name of keeping them safer.
We would all be safer locked away in cages, would we not?

Aren't we already locked in cages? ...I cringe anytime a buffoon utters the word Freedom in connection with the USA - that's proof that the cage isn't physical.

top topics

join