It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders sees massive boost in online support over one week as presidential campaign revs up

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Sanders is quickly moving from the candidate no one has heard of, to the one everyone is talking about:

Facebook data obtained by the Daily News shows that more than twice as many people were talking about Sanders last week on the social media platform than in the week before, and that the overall conversation about him nearly tripled in the same time, from 5.5 million unique interactions the week ending Aug. 5 to 14.4 million in the week ending Aug. 12.

That final figure comes close to the 15.3 million unique interactions (likes, posts comments and shares) Clinton got in the same period, the latest sign of growing buzz around the Vermont lefty — and the work of a solid digital operation.

source

Go Bernie!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Trump is getting all the press but Bernie is getting all the support. If Social media translates into votes...this changes everything. The GOP is still calling people on the phone to drum up support.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The power of the 5th estate is exponential.

Bernie Sanders

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I've been watching Bernie Sanders closely.

One should never underestimate the power of the alternative media...they have been crucial in getting Bernie's message out there. No big corporate donors for Bernie....and he wants to get money out of politics. If I knew nothing else about him that would be enough.

Other than dismissing him, the MSM hasn't given him much recognition....but that can't last. My personal thought is Hillary's done. She has way too much big money and criminal baggage dragging behind her.

I've heard Biden's name batted about but he hasn't got a chance.

FEEL THE BERN! SANDERS 2016!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

You can tell the national media is pushing Clinton and Jeb Bush. Trump is getting a lot of the media attention because of the entertainment value.

Bernie will continue to gain support as more and more people hear where he stands on the issues come the first democratic debate.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If not for Bernie I'd be sitting this election out too. Whether he gets the nomination or not I'm writing him in cause screw the corporate overlords.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would love to see Bernie sanders on tyt... they have the biggest audience of the alternative media and they support him 100%

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Now, if only they can get youth and leftists to vote!

I Don't know if it's like in Canada but right wing people ALWAYS go vote and they ALWAYS vote for the same party they always voted all their lives while leftist don't vote enough, say their votes don't count and young people aren't voting enough.

Right wingers might talk louder but they are the minority in 2015, in both our countries.
edit on 18-8-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Look its obvious the US want's sanders . So if Hillary gets in Office we will know for certain that we have been Hoodwinked by shadow power .

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yeah, Bernie is gaining momentum and he's doing it fast. People are waking up to him and his lifelong message in droves.

I've been watching Bernie for over 15 yrs, wondering why he didn't run for POTUS and I can't tell you how happy I am to see his candidacy finally arrive.

Go Bernie!

new topics

join